It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DoD and Senate check the POTUS, flags returned to half mast

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
With the flag going up & down on the pole all day, I believe it symbolizes that maybe McStain was a wackoff.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: shooterbrody

Need to know they called him. I'm sure it was couched politely with lots of Sirs thrown in. We all know if you don't kowtow to his royal highness you pay a price but none the less he was told.
You can claim anything you like. I'm not buying it.

Just your lies or will you provide the source for this assessment?

link   
Knowing what you know and typing what you typed...

How can you possibly blame someone for avoiding the same situation?

I have 42 months in Iraq; 48 Months in Liberia, Djbouti, Ivory Coast, Somalia and a few others.

Been shot twice (leg and back), hit with 23 IED and 7 VBIED, I have shrapnel through the right side of my brain, and had to had bouth shoulders rebuilt after the Iraqi Intelligence building collapsed while I was on the third floor and the four above me caved in.

I don't say that to have a ^$&% measuring contest or to brag (what is there to brag about? I zigged when I should have zagged). I know what war is, I've lived it.

As a veteran I do not hold it against any CIVILIAN that does everyhting in there power to avoid war. Bone-spurs, ashthma, bedwetting, crazy - doesn't matter. Stay a civilian.

Woe betide the man/woman that takes the oath and then decides that they can't really "do it". They are lower than whale &$^%. They lived the life of a soldier/marine when peace allowed them to swagger and claim the actions of others. Then when it was time to earn their own name they balked.

No draft dodger is a coward in my eyes because they were never soldiers to begin with. "You can't fall off the ladder if you keep your feet on the floor" if that makes sense.

originally posted by: JasonBillung

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: Sillyolme

a reply to: JasonBillung

Or as I like to say... trump was a DRAFT DODGER.🚽

What war did you serve in?

Really unfair. She served her country by protesting. It ended a war. She did more than most.

Just curious - how do you square your opinion of Trump against your opinion of Silly.

link   

edit on 8 27 2018 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

originally posted by: JasonBillung
a reply to: Muninn

I served, and am proud of it. What is your problem? It was a big part of my life. Learned a lot about people and leadership. You sad because you didn't?

Again bro, it's the internet.

Be whatever you want to be.

OK little boy, who never had the gumption to go out and challenge himself. It is not that hard to go to the recruiter and get signed up. Maybe you try it some day, and get your life together. Or maybe not. Because some folks are too scared to take the physical and emotional challenge to work at a job that involved putting yourself out there for everyone to see.

I still work for the federal government< and at 56 years of age, I call you out to ask me a question that I cannot answer. Nopes, nopes, nopes, because you are full of cr%p.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Brother/sister, You are cool with me. We both been to the hurt place. Now lets just get together in a right place. One where we don't have to be evil, but where we can agree.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

And thanks. Maybe we shared some of the same dirt.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Lol you have a high opinion of yourself!
I bow to to you dude and your mate Mccain lol

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I still think that the folks who protest, who put themselves out there, are as brave as the soldiers who run about with guns. I have run about with the guns, but the true heros are those that run around without them .

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Lol you have a high opinion of yourself!
I bow to to you dude and your mate Mccain lol

Are you trying to be a jerk?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I am a jerk no trying necessary.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I think this is the begining of a beautiful relationship.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: HunkaHunka

Hero's die every day and we don't lower the flag.

It's only being done because McCain was a politician.

edit on 27-8-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

And my mother is half Swedish. Very tall family.

See, we can find commonality.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: HunkaHunka

Hero's die every day and we don't lower the flag.

It's only being one because McCain was a politician.

Correct. But it is news because Trump called him out.

And, the .44 is not the most...

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Lol, little boy, lol.

You are super cool for a 56 yo, maybe when you hit my age you will stop playing make believe.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

The guys so petty that his last act is to "deprive" the rightfully elected president of the USA the "honour" of attending his funeral. Who cares what he did or didn't do or serve.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Lol, little boy, lol.

You are super cool for a 56 yo, maybe when you hit my age you will stop playing make believe.

Very glad you made it further. Always hope to see later days. However, if you make later days, and act like a little boy, what shall it profit you? If you speak like a child, and are an old man, then are you no better than a child?

In some cases, old people become senile, and need to be cared after as a young child. Some elders are as little kids.

If you put out messages like you are a child, how can someone know that you are not a child?

Maybe you should have a younger person read your messages before you send them out. That way we can all know if you are a child, or a senile adult, or someplace in between.

Just kidding of course. I know you are an old person, who is someplace on the other end.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
McCain was an establishment punk. No love lost whatsoever.

Just a few years ago the venom was aimed at him. Today those same people praise him as a "hero".

Absolutely ridiculous the people I share my nation with.
edit on 8/27/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Star - because you always cut to the chase.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join