It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boot licking Amazon employees tweet glowing praise for Amazon’s work conditions

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
You know them, we all do, the employees who always are kissing the bosses ass.

So these Amazon ambassadors they call them, have taken upon themselves to tweet glowing praise about the work conditions at amazons massive sweatshops, they call fulfillment centers.

There have been numerous eyewitness testimonies that these fulfillment centers are filled with overworked, underpaid, and miserable workers.

So these very loyal employees have tweeted

Amazon employs warehouse 'ambassadors' to tweet back at criticism of working conditions including: 'I even get a real bathroom', 'no food stamps here' and praise for 'inspirational' Jeff Bezos

Wonderful you allow humans to go to the bathroom!

Last year in the UK a reporter went undercover and reported many employees urinate in bottles to avoid losing time going to the bathroom.

Amazon has hired an army of unnerving Twitter 'Ambassadors' who fire off swathes of upbeat tweets about life working inside one of the firm's infamous warehouses.
The accounts frequently jump to the defence of the online retail giant in response to random Twitter users criticising its notoriously poor pay and working conditions.
In one response, an Ambassador known as Phil said he 'doesn't feel mistreated' in his building after one Twitter user said the company treats its employees 'like s**t'.
He added: 'I even get to use a real bathroom when I want.'
Ambassador Shaye tweeted a separate user who criticised Amazon's poor wages: 'Did you know that Amazon pays warehouse workers 30% more than other retailers?'
She claimed the company treated her 'much better than previous employers'.
Amazon says its 'FC Ambassadors', who are all full-time employees with the company, are hired to 'educate' members of the public about work at its facilities.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Ambassador Shaye tweeted a separate user who criticised Amazon's poor wages: 'Did you know that Amazon pays warehouse workers 30% more than other retailers?'

In response to this. Amazon is not a retailer in the classic sense so this guy comparison is bs.

Amazon should be compared to UPS and FedEx who both have similar huge sweatshop type warehouses.

Amazon does not pay better than them.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
What you have to understand is that these places, Amazon, UPS, and FedEx are horrible places to work, believe me.

In my young college days, I made the mistake of getting hired at UPS.

I ended up after a few days inviting my manager outside to the parking lot to go at it man to man.

And you know what he didn’t even fire me!

That’s how savage they treat people at these shipping warehouses. Therefore I could imagine how bad it is at these Amazon humongous sweatshops

The Post office, on the other hand, is a decent place to work.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

How much do they pay these ambassador or are pretending they are doing this bootlicking for free...

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I'm sure the timing is unrelated to Bernie Sanders starting a petition for Amazon to pay employees better. .

Which, I'm not sure if the government is fair to demand it, but he does have a point the government subsidized their low wages with welfare.

It is evident though that we all know what the problems are, we just see different ways of solving them.

Something does need to be done though, I'm just not sure what the right approach is.

edit on 25-8-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Believe it or not, they don’t and get higher pay!

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Amazon is probably a #y job, but why should you or I care? Tons of underpaid overworked crapy abusive jobs in the US it just doesn't make sense to single out one company to me.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The working conditions at Amazon are only a symptom of a broken system and society. Cutting the symptoms off at the root is the solution yet people continuously defend the rich and call those who complain about their obscene amounts of money "jealous". This is the symptom of a society with a foundation of greed and apathy.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I’ve always been a person interested in making mundane life better for the average Joe.

Why 8 or 10 hours a day work

Why not 6

Amazon the new kid on the block or the new pig on the block more precisely is taking us backward with their 10 hour days, and I think it’s unfortunate.

We were evolving to a better lifestyle and now were devolving backward and Amazon is a typical example of that.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The working conditions at Amazon are only a symptom of a broken system and society. Cutting the symptoms off at the root is the solution yet people continuously defend the rich and call those who complain about their obscene amounts of money "jealous". This is the symptom of a society with a foundation of greed and apathy.

And your solution is? Just wondering...

Shares, health, vision, dental! Excellent culture, if you are a hard worker and with people skills you will thrive here. If you are lazy and unmotivated, not so much....

Just a random comment about Amazon and working conditions I pulled off the web. I've some friends that work in Kansas at one of their facilities and love it.

I see the root of the problem as we are going into two generations of Americans with no work ethic, no drive to move up in a company and an entitlement mentality.

This is coming from someone that has a hard time filling no experience necessary jobs that are 90K to start, free health (gold plan) and profit sharing. Those, by the way, are normally bigger than your checks.

It DOES require lifting occasionally 50 pounds, 10 hour shifts and the ability to show up. I would say that 75% of your time at work here you sit in your truck and watch whatever TV series you are currently into.

We have no dress code, we don't care about piercings or tattoos (I myself have almost a full ounce of Tribal Black ink in me) and the males can go all Amish with facial hair if they want to.

All I get are people that can't show up on time, can't learn anything and have an attitude.

The problem isn't that I can't get good help.. the problem is I can't even get bad help.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It doesn’t matter AI, will soon replace them anyway.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Maybe you ought to recruit outside of one of the Amazon sweatshops. Try the country road outside the plant.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I’ve always been a person interested in making mundane life better for the average Joe.

Why 8 or 10 hours a day work

Why not 6

Amazon the new kid on the block or the new pig on the block more precisely is taking us backward with their 10 hour days, and I think it’s unfortunate.

We were evolving to a better lifestyle and now were devolving backward and Amazon is a typical example of that.

Why work at all then?

You know, since you seem so incredibly interested in bettering your "life".

The problem is you in this situation, by the way.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Maybe you ought to recruit outside of one of the Amazon sweatshops. Try the country road outside the plant.

Why bother? I wouldn't get anyone that would last a week.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

It’s a society devolving.

I say again for the umpteenth time, there was a time when this society was slowly evolving forward. Then in the 80’s the elite started a deliberate plan to stop progress.

When they began the coddling of the wealthy and started to deliberately move things not forward but backward, that began the decline and devolution we have today. This is a modern-day form of serfdom.

The problem simply is that we are devolving to something really ugly

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

What are you into oil rigging or trucking?

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

There is no solution unless we radically change our outlook on what is important. The root is in greed obviously, the less someone pays an employee the more they pocket it themselves. Amazon is simply a product of the current system, one built on top of greed and profit.
edit on 8/25/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Oh, I could take care of myself. My interest here is the macro society

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

You know them, we all do, the employees who always are kissing the bosses ass.

So these Amazon ambassadors they call them, have taken upon themselves to tweet glowing praise about the work conditions at amazons massive sweatshops, they call fulfillment centers.

There have been numerous eyewitness testimonies that these fulfillment centers are filled with overworked, underpaid, and miserable workers.

So these very loyal employees have tweeted

Amazon employs warehouse 'ambassadors' to tweet back at criticism of working conditions including: 'I even get a real bathroom', 'no food stamps here' and praise for 'inspirational' Jeff Bezos

Wonderful you allow humans to go to the bathroom!

Last year in the UK a reporter went undercover and reported many employees urinate in bottles to avoid losing time going to the bathroom.

Amazon has hired an army of unnerving Twitter 'Ambassadors' who fire off swathes of upbeat tweets about life working inside one of the firm's infamous warehouses.
The accounts frequently jump to the defence of the online retail giant in response to random Twitter users criticising its notoriously poor pay and working conditions.
In one response, an Ambassador known as Phil said he 'doesn't feel mistreated' in his building after one Twitter user said the company treats its employees 'like s**t'.
He added: 'I even get to use a real bathroom when I want.'
She claimed the company treated her 'much better than previous employers'.
Amazon says its 'FC Ambassadors', who are all full-time employees with the company, are hired to 'educate' members of the public about work at its facilities.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

In response to this. Amazon is not a retailer in the classic sense so this guy comparison is bs.

Amazon should be compared to UPS and FedEx who both have similar huge sweatshop type warehouses.

Amazon does not pay better than them.

Amazon employs people to spout fake news about work conditions.

Bezos also owns Washington Post.

Draw your own conclusions.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

What are you into oil rigging or trucking?

Neither.

Driving a truck would drive me insane.

Oil rigging is for men. (sorry in advance for the SJW reactions, but I'm a 120 pound woman and am not going to give that a go.)

There are plenty of oil field jobs that pay very well, do not require physical labor and moving up just depends on your willingness to learn.

Of course, you have to be willing to work 2 weeks and then have two weeks off. We pay for your travel to and from, give you a place to live with all bills paid with cable and an internet connection.

The schedule seems to be the deal killer, which is funny because you have more straight time off that way than you ever would doing anything else.

As you posted above, you are looking for 6 hours a day, I am assuming a 30 hour week and a way to get ahead.

Money is a way to store and trade labor.

If you don't put in the labor, you don't get the money.

This is coming from someone that was once homeless. I spent roughly 18 months on the street in San Antonio.

I applied myself, put in the hours and now I could just go home tomorrow, never work again and be just fine. I'm 53.

So I don't "get" the idea that if you just trimmed down your hours to where you didn't work most of the time, you should be able to do... what, exactly?

Live a mediocre life, not have anything fun and pass your bills on to your kids?

The mentality of the newer generations just baffles me.

How much "free to you" do you need? Do you expect others to just pay for it without complaint?

~sigh~

edit on 25-8-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

There is no solution unless we radically change our outlook on what is important. The root is in greed obviously, the less someone pays an employee the more they pocket it themselves. Amazon is simply a product of the current system, one built on top of greed and profit.

Thank you for replying.

I see that you don't understand basic economics at all and are just envy signalling.

Have a nice night.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join