It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boot licking Amazon employees tweet glowing praise for Amazon’s work conditions

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Lumenari

Maybe you ought to recruit outside of one of the Amazon sweatshops. Try the country road outside the plant.

Why bother? I wouldn't get anyone that would last a week.

I hear illegal immigrants are great workers...

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Envy signaling? Did you just make that term up?

Anyways, please school me on the basics of economics. Tell me why companies no longer care about their employees and are now only focused on making their shareholders happy with never-ending profits that must constantly exceed the previous quarter? Why are companies and shareholders so greedy that there is no such thing as too much profit? Because that's exactly what's happening at Amazon and other corporations. You know that, right?

School me oh wise one.
edit on 8/25/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Were talking conceptually here, not about economics.

There’s nothing in economic theory that says people have to work 8 hours a day and 5 days a week.

We had the 8-hour paradigm now the elite changed it to 10 hours, 12 hours, two or three jobs.

It's a social engineering plot of the elite.

It actually started with the Club of Rome, an elite think tank claiming in the 70's that we need to stop growth.

Though they didn't stop the growth of the elites power or money.

All they stopped was the evolving social construct dealing with technological and social progress

Let's don't build a society where the average person can evolve to a growing level of comfort and ease, no let's build a society where a few elites have all the comfort and ease and the remaining 90 percent or more live like animals and slaves.

edit on 25-8-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'd like to hire an Amazon. They would make good employees. I think.
edit on 8/25/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Diana ?

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Sure!
I don't think she's a booklicker though.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No probably not boots...

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I use Amazon.

Guess I am a bootlicking enabler.

To each their own I suppose.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
So to be fair, its come to light that these people were compensated to give these glowing testimonials. So from that perspective it may still be Todyism, but its compensated at least

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Do you understand anything?

Try it sometimes.

One can criticize the oil industry and be justified that doesn’t mean you don’t use oil

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Try it sometimes.

One can criticize the oil industry and be justified that doesn’t mean you don’t use oil

Sure I understand.

You call employees that say nice things about their employer, bootlickers.

*shrug*

It's not rocket surgery.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Try it sometimes.

Sure I understand.

You call employees that say nice things about their employer, bootlickers.

*shrug*

It's not rocket surgery.

No, I’m responding to your post

Your post implied one must not use Amazon if they have any criticism of them. Not at all. One can have differences with people without trying to put those out of business.

I understand Amazon does offer a decent service and I have no interest in boycotting them. Just hope they start treating their employees better.

As for the bootlicking phrase, okay, maybe that’s a little harsh but so is overworking and underpaying people

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Nobody has to work there. Don't work in a sweatshop if you don't like it. Duh

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Starhooker

Just don't say anything nice about your job if you're working 8/hrs a day.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

What you have to understand is that these places, Amazon, UPS, and FedEx are horrible places to work, believe me.

In my young college days, I made the mistake of getting hired at UPS.

I ended up after a few days inviting my manager outside to the parking lot to go at it man to man.

And you know what he didn’t even fire me!

That’s how savage they treat people at these shipping warehouses. Therefore I could imagine how bad it is at these Amazon humongous sweatshops

The Post office, on the other hand, is a decent place to work.

No. You have ir wrong there buddy. The ONLY time I've ever had to piss in bottles was my time working for the USPS. The only job where I've had to fight tooth and nail ro get paid for hours worked. They still owe me money. I've written it off as an experience learned.
Trust me. The grass is always greener. People working at the USPS always said the UPS guys had it easier. People retire from both the USPS and the UPS. Hell, FedEx can be made into a career. It just depends on how much you can tolerate.
To the topic at hand. I don't envy the Amazon employees. I live right next to one and delivered to the center on occasion. The employees did not seem very happy. But then again, not many people are happy while on the clock.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I'm sure the timing is unrelated to Bernie Sanders starting a petition for Amazon to pay employees better. .

And Bernie is 100% wrong on this. Amazon is already paying above market rates for every position in their company.

If Bernie wants to go after Amazon, what he should be doing is fighting to get them in a union so that they can improve working conditions.

Amazon is already one of the good guys with regards to wages, but it's still a very unpleasant place to work.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Working underwater is really unpleasant, and dangerous.

Pays well though.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Aazadan

Working underwater is really unpleasant, and dangerous.

Pays well though.

Some jobs can't realistically improve conditions.

Warehouse jobs at Amazon could. From my understanding, employees basically work on a very tight quota system. Their tasks are given with very tight deadlines, down to the second in some cases and it keeps people working at 100% for pretty much their entire shift. Their office work isn't that much different, it also uses very tight scheduling, but adds in a toxic office culture of cutthroat competition.

Basically, Amazon is very, very good at getting maximum performance from every employee. They are very efficient but it comes at the cost of treating people poorly. A historical analogy would probably be a Ford manufacturing plant in the early 1900's.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I applied myself, put in the hours and now I could just go home tomorrow, never work again and be just fine.

Well, then why don't you?
edit on 26-8-2018 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The Post office, on the other hand, is a decent place to work.

Except for the shootings that happened in the past, it does seem like the post office has become a good place to work.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join