It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort found guilty on 8 counts, mistrial declared on remaining 10.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Andrea Mitchell
‏Verified account @mitchellreports
12m12 minutes ago

Former Trump Campaign Chairman #Manafort conviction on 8 counts of the 10 charges comes as @realDonaldTrump also learning longtime former personal lawyer #MichaelCohen agreeing to guilty plea in NY Federal Court

Jeremy Diamond
‏Verified account @JDiamond1

Jeremy Diamond Retweeted Jeremy Diamond

BREAKING: Paul Manafort guilty on 8 counts. Mistrial declared on 10 other counts.

Now we see if the SC will go for round 2 on the 10 counts or take what they got and leave the 10 alone. I am curious if Manafort is going to appeal.

In related SC news -
Also Flynn's sentencing has once again postponed by the Special Counsel.
Cohen is to plead guilty and will NOT be a cooperating witness to the SC.

edit on 21-8-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

If he has any money left I would hope he appeals, seems like if they missed the boat on over half the charges there may be some question marks he can try and get addressed in appeal.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

If he has any money left I would hope he appeals, seems like if they missed the boat on over half the charges there may be some question marks he can try and get addressed in appeal.

We will see if the judge goes with the jury or if he sets their decision aside based on the required criteria he set before the trial started.

If he goes with the jury I hope he appeals.
edit on 21-8-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Understandable why they took so long. When you have 18 counts you have to vote on each count.

Trump will pardon him.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

In related SC news -

Cohen is to plead guilty and will NOT be a cooperating witness to the SC.

Pretty sure the SC doesn't need Cohen? Presidents get impeached, not prosecuted. Cohen has nothing to trade.

Cohen pled guilty to Federal Campaign Violations and stated in court it was "at the direction of and with cooperation of a candidate for federal office".

WOW..The President was just named by his personal attorney as a co-conspirator in a Federal Crime he pled guilty to.

edit on 21-8-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Source.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Sure would be great if the special council investigated some of the other aspects of this that have come to light so far. If we are going to have a multi year multi million dollar investigation, then it might be nice to see more than 12 Russians who will never be seen again, and Manafort busted for crimes from years ago, and Cohen popped for fudging his Taxi books. It's good to catch bad guys but I just don't see how these events have strengthened out national security, or helped protect us from Vlad the Impailer.

If Trump is guilty of something juicy, it would make for some wildly entertaining threads, but the speculation of him being they guy who gives Satan his marching orders isn't going very well as of late. And the Hitler card has been overplayed a bit.
Perhaps after reeeeeeeee-election the opPOSERS can decide if they want to enter into politics again and find someone who isn't Hillary to run. But if you really want to, by all means, prop her up for another run. I bet there are still quite a few "i'm with her" stickers floating around.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

We will see if the judge goes with the jury or if he sets their decision aside based on the required criteria he set before the trial started.

You can file that hope of the judge setting aside the verdict along side your other posts saying that the case was going to be dismissed and the posts before that saying the search of Manafort's locker was illegal..

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
well manafort seemed like an incredibly shady character, and I have no doubt he probably did committ the financial crimes he was found guilty of.

So he deserves the punishment.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Thats because the SC investigation / prosecutions arent protecting security. They are covering for Clinton / Democrats by trying to effect a coup by removing Trump from office.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Understandable why they took so long. When you have 18 counts you have to vote on each count.

Trump will pardon him.

Not much point - he's up on charges in New York IIRC in a few weeks. He's off to prison regardless.
What a shame.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler
well manafort seemed like an incredibly shady character, and I have no doubt he probably did committ the financial crimes he was found guilty of.

So he deserves the punishment.

I am split.. He was cleared of these charges a decade ago by Rosenstein himself. I am all for holding people accountable however I am not a fan of shredding the constitution to get there.

link   

On the flip side, Gravante said, Cohen's plea has no real effect on Trump's legal situation if he doesn't cooperate — aside from the bad optics it creates.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Since the crimes he was convicted of happened a decade ago that is a good omen for when Hillary is charged. Those who say that what she did was too long ago are proven wrong today.
edit on 8/21/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
It seems Cohen had to admit that he paid off the whore and the Playboy model for Donald. It will be interesting to see how Trump responds to that. But as the article hinted at, this shouldn't do much but give the TrHaters some sour grapes to chew on for a week or two.

Part of me wants Trump to be impeached for this, as it will set a precedent that will have some really, really, really long reaching implications. (like an investigation into the slush fund congress has to pay off folks like that)

I can take Trump as a martyr for the cause of draining the swamp, and Pence looks like Race Bannon, so he's cool with me. (I'm superficial like that)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

a reply to: soberbacchus

Source.

Mind you under oath while pleading guilty to Federal Charges

In acknowledging the charges against him, Cohen said he was directed to violate campaign law at the direction of a candidate for federal office.

www.bloomberg.com...

Michael Cohen said in a plea deal that "in coordination and at the direction of a candidate for federal office"

www.cnn.com...

And like a zillion other places, you can read the news yourself.
edit on 21-8-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Since the crimes he was convicted of happened a decade ago that is a good omen for when Hillary is charged. Those who say that what she did was too long ago are proven wrong today.

That's astonishing. Quite, quite, astonishing. The Hillary delusion continues. Twelve GOP investigations, no indictments whatsoever and yet still you somehow think that Hillary Clinton has to be guilty of something because she's Hillary Clinton.

link   
If this is the best that Bob Mueller can do with finding Russian collusion with Americans, his investigation needs to be terminated.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

This dude is guilty of,

On Tuesday, a jury in Virginia convicted former Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort on eight federal felony charges, including five tax fraud charges, two bank fraud charges, and one charge of hiding foreign bank accounts, related to his work for pro-Russian politicians in Ukraine.

If Trump pardons him that'll be the final nail in his coffin.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: carewemust

That's astonishing. Quite, quite, astonishing. The Hillary delusion continues. Twelve GOP investigations, no indictments whatsoever and yet still you somehow think that Hillary Clinton has to be guilty of something because she's Hillary Clinton.

The Hillary Clinton and Clinton Foundation investigation are still ongoing. Patience!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join