It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort found guilty on 8 counts, mistrial declared on remaining 10.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
If this is the best that Bob Mueller can do with finding Russian collusion with Americans, his investigation needs to be terminated.

Nothing Manafort was charged with had anything to do with Trump or Russia collusion.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Willtell

This dude is guilty of,

On Tuesday, a jury in Virginia convicted former Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort on eight federal felony charges, including five tax fraud charges, two bank fraud charges, and one charge of hiding foreign bank accounts, related to his work for pro-Russian politicians in Ukraine.

If Trump pardons him that'll be the final nail in his coffin.

Lets see if Manafort appeals. While the judge didnt allow it into evidence Manaforts team can still argue he was already cleared of these charges a decade ago and was subject to selective prosecution.

Trump also has the option of commuting his sentence. That leaves the convictions in place but gets rid of the jail time.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Trump's personal lawyer and campaign chair both found guilty of 8 counts in the same day, wowza. I know one short-fingered vulgarian who won't be sleeping well tonight.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

a reply to: Xcathdra

Since the crimes he was convicted of happened a decade ago that is a good omen for when Hillary is charged. Those who say that what she did was too long ago are proven wrong today.

That's astonishing. Quite, quite, astonishing. The Hillary delusion continues. Twelve GOP investigations, no indictments whatsoever and yet still you somehow think that Hillary Clinton has to be guilty of something because she's Hillary Clinton.

The Hillary Clinton and Clinton Foundation investigation are still ongoing. Patience!

Ongoing by who? Is there a special counsel? An official legal team? A DoJ task force? Last time I checked there was nothing like that whatsoever.
Look. I know it's hard, but you have to face facts. When the Orange One screamed 'Lock her up' at his base he was just riling them up. It was a campaign scream, a way of getting cheap applause to feed his ego. Donald Trump commenting on alleged wrongdoing is immense hypocrisy, given his past.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt
Trump's personal lawyer and campaign chair both found guilty of 8 counts in the same day, wowza. I know one short-fingered vulgarian who won't be sleeping well tonight.

Why? Neither were charged with anything related to Trump or Russia collusion. They were found guilty / plead guilty to financial crimes.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Grambler
well manafort seemed like an incredibly shady character, and I have no doubt he probably did committ the financial crimes he was found guilty of.

So he deserves the punishment.

I am split.. He was cleared of these charges a decade ago by Rosenstein himself.

The Charges go through 2015, with some of the Bank Fraud Charges going into 2016, like pitching a Bank President for Secretary of the Army in trade for looking the other way on Bogus Loan application.

Have you been following any of this?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

The Clinton Foundation investigation was reopened and assigned to the Little Rock FBI field office. The IG and Huber are investigating the DOJ/FBI investigation into how the Clinton mess was handled regarding the server / email stuff.

There are a few other investigations, either by the IG or by Huber, dealing with FISA abuse and several other issues.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

I have.. apparently you have not.

If all you are going to do is act like an ass and derail the thread with attacks go somewhere else. We dont need trolling in this thread.
edit on 21-8-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Why? Neither were charged with anything related to Trump or Russia collusion. They were found guilty / plead guilty to financial crimes.

thehill.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

thehill.com...

and when he names Trump get back to me.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

If this is the best that Bob Mueller can do with finding Russian collusion with Americans, his investigation needs to be terminated.

Nothing Manafort was charged with had anything to do with Trump or Russia collusion.

Oh there is overlap, particularly with the Russian Oligarch Manafort was taking money from.

So "anything to do" is false.

But correct he was not charged in this trial with anything "directly" related to Russian Collusion.

Conclusions about Russian collusion with the Trump Campaign that Manafort was Chairman of are reserved for the Special Counsel's final report.

You really should catch up on what is going on and who is investigating what.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

thehill.com...

HaHaHa...

Cuz when he pled guilty to knowingly committing federal campaign violations "at the direction of and with coordination of a candidate for federal office"

He was talking about someone else.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Right.. His name is Oleg Deripaska and is the person Steele and Orh were discussing when Comey testifying to 'Congress forced them to panic and express concern that their "guy" cant be deported.

As I and others have said the more the SC goes after Trump the more crimes by the Democrats come to light.

As I said you are the one who needs to catch up. Your intentional dismissal of facts continues to be a problem.
edit on 21-8-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Oh there is overlap, particularly with the Russian Oligarch Manafort was taking money from.

So "anything to do" is false.

But correct he was not charged in this trial with anything "directly" related to Russian Collusion.

Conclusions about Russian collusion with the Trump Campaign that Manafort was Chairman of are reserved for the Special Counsel's final report.

You really should catch up on what is going on and who is investigating what.

You mean deripaska?

The same one who was palling around with dossier author chris steele, and was having conversations with senate intel vice chair mark warner?

Yeah, that guy sounds shady!

Maybe we should launch investigations intoo those other guys he was working with, you know, place some wiretaps, raid some lawyers, etc.

I mean we cant be too careful when it comes to stoppoing russian influence, right?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I have.. apparently you have not.

If all you are going to do is act like an ass and derail the thread with attacks go somewhere else. We dont need trolling in this thread.

Correcting your repeated false claims is not trolling.

It is pointing out reality.

I can see how someone hostile to facts would see it as trolling though.

The charges went back a decade, but included activities into 2016.

So no, no matter how many times you try to BS readers with false claims like this:

He was cleared of these charges a decade ago by Rosenstein himself. I am all for holding people accountable however I am not a fan of shredding the constitution to get there.

I will continue to correct the record with facts.

edit on 21-8-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

thehill.com...

HaHaHa...

Cuz when he pled guilty to knowingly committing federal campaign violations "at the direction of and with coordination of a candidate for federal office"

Possibly.. Manafort also worked with Democrats prior to Trump and dealt with the Sanders campaign.

Manafort trial could reveal embarrassing details about Dem consultants

But it’s also poised to potentially reveal embarrassing information about several Democratic political consultants, including a top adviser to 2016 Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders and others who have worked in lucrative elections both in the United States and abroad, court filings indicate.

Manafort, facing charges of bank and tax fraud related to his work in Ukraine, has pleaded not guilty to the charges. His trial is scheduled to start in Alexandria, Virginia next week.

In a court filing last week by prosecutors detailing possible evidence it could present to the jury, Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team listed the names of several well-known Democratic operatives included in the exhibits.

MANAFORT JUDGE DELAYS START OF FORMER TRUMP CAMPAIGN CHAIRMAN'S TRIAL

“The United States of America, by and through undersigned counsel, hereby submits its list of trial exhibits,” the filing states.

Among those is Tad Devine, the chief strategist for Sanders' 2016 presidential campaign who also worked for Al Gore and John Kerry’s presidential campaigns in 2000 and 2004. Like Manafort, Devine also did work for Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych.

Or did we forget Clinton also sought out dirt on Trump from Ukraine and Russians as well...

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

thehill.com...

Pretty sure the part where he says "in coordination and at the direction of a candidate for federal election" spells it out nicely for you. 😉

link   
So help me out here lefties, I thought Manafort was supposed to flip. Just who would he flip on, Trump? Or one of the other candates he's been involved with.

We have 8 charges of fraud, with the rest being thrown out. Not a great ratio.

edit on 21-8-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

link   

thehill.com...

HaHaHa...

Possibly.. Manafort also worked with Democrats prior to Trump and dealt with the Sanders campaign.

Manafort?

Cohen, Trump's Personal Attorney, Pled Guilty today to Federal Charges for Illegal Campaign Violations and said "At the direction of and in cooperation with a candidate for Federal Office".

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

The only one lying is you.

Napolitano on Mueller's efforts to extract Trump information

ATS thread on same topic.

Pay attention because he address Rosenstein clearing Manafort decades ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join