It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort found guilty on 8 counts, mistrial declared on remaining 10.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: soberbacchus

Uhm no.. the left kept claiming he would flip on TRump.

As for pardons TRump can end it now by issuing the pardon to negate the second trial.

By "end it" you mean Paul Manafort being convicted for Bank and Tax Fraud charges that any Trump Supporter who hasn't golfed with the President would go to jail for?

Or by "end it" do you mean Trump's time in the WH?

I don't see Trump as that loyal of a guy.

But hey, I kind of hope he goes for it.

I wonder why Manafort was allowed to walk for so long committing all this fraud. Hmm.

He never had an incredibly qualified Special Counsel team crawling up his butt and tracing his dozens of shell and shelf companies that he was laundering money through.

That seems obvious?

I agree with this.

All the more reason to send special counsels after everyone with shady russian connections and financial dealings, I am sure you agree right?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: xtradimensions

originally posted by: crtrvt

a reply to: crtrvt
Wrong trial. That was Cohen, not Manafort.

Easy to get the criminals in trump's inner circle who were convicted of federal crimes today confused, excuse me!

The timing is interesting. For an average American who only follows the news on a loose basis, it could be confusing with both Manafort and Cohen having resolution (found guilty and pleaded guilty respectively) on the same day in the same news cycle.

8 guilty charges each
8th month of 2018
80 years in federal prison facing Manafort

Wait does Q know about this #?? πŸ˜†

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Easy to get the criminals in trump's inner circle who were convicted of federal crimes today confused, excuse me!

The timing is interesting. For an average American who only follows the news on a loose basis, it could be confusing with both Manafort and Cohen having resolution (found guilty and pleaded guilty respectively) on the same day in the same news cycle.

8 guilty charges each
8th month of 2018

Hahaha!

Thats is pretty darn funny!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Understandable why they took so long. When you have 18 counts you have to vote on each count.

Trump will pardon him.
Most likely will pardon him.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Understandable why they took so long. When you have 18 counts you have to vote on each count.

Trump will pardon him.

Well I think that is a crappy idea.

If he is guilty, why should trump pardon him, just because they are friends?

No, I dont think so.

I will be right there with the anti trumpers condemning that if he pardons him.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler
well manafort seemed like an incredibly shady character, and I have no doubt he probably did committ the financial crimes he was found guilty of.

So he deserves the punishment.

The interesting part with just about all of these people is they were vetted through the RNC first for Trump, and I think in almost every case Trump hardly knew any of them before the RNC provided them.

edit on 21-8-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Trump will pardon him.

I don't think Trump would risk his own ass, even if a Pardon is unlikely to encourage GOP to grow balls, it is a risk.

It will be interesting to watch though.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This politically motivated witch hunt is picking up steam. Certainly the guilty verdicts mean the piranhas are getting their dose of meat, even if most if not all of the verdicts stem from crimes predating the Trump campaign by years and years.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Cohen was Trump's personal lawyer for years before the campaign even started, and Trump had employed Manafort (through his lobbying firm) throughout the early 90s, so has known him for, say, 18ish years?
What you said might be true of some people working for him now, but it definitely isn't true for Manafort and Cohen.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Willtell

This dude is guilty of,

On Tuesday, a jury in Virginia convicted former Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort on eight federal felony charges, including five tax fraud charges, two bank fraud charges, and one charge of hiding foreign bank accounts, related to his work for pro-Russian politicians in Ukraine.

If Trump pardons him that'll be the final nail in his coffin.

How do you figure?

Presidents can pardon who ever the eff they want, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

With 10 counts declared a mistrial the others are subject to change.

If I was Trump I'd pardon Manafort,Flynn,Cohen just out of spite.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
And STILL no Russian collusion.

What a GD joke.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

8 guilty charges each
8th month of 2018

It is actually very funny!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Willtell

This dude is guilty of,

On Tuesday, a jury in Virginia convicted former Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort on eight federal felony charges, including five tax fraud charges, two bank fraud charges, and one charge of hiding foreign bank accounts, related to his work for pro-Russian politicians in Ukraine.

If Trump pardons him that'll be the final nail in his coffin.

How do you figure?

Presidents can pardon who ever the eff they want, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

With 10 counts declared a mistrial the others are subject to change.

If I was Trump I'd pardon Manafort,Flynn,Cohen just out of spite.

I hope Trump does. That would provide an iron clad case against him for Obstruction of Justice.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Some of the financial crimes are crimes under state law, the prez can only pardon federal offenses.

Also, if it comes to it further down the road, prosecution could theoretically use the pardons against Trump if they were able to show that he pardoned them in order to influence or impede the investigation (obstruction of justice). It could feasibly come to that, and if it does, it could very well be a nail in his coffin.
edit on 21-8-2018 by narrator because: added explanation

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123
I hope he doesn’t pardon him. If Manafort is guilty then he should complete his sentence, whatever that will be.

I really should say SINCE he has been found guilty, not β€œif”. He has been found guilty, so he should be sentenced and complete the sentence.
edit on 21/8/2018 by xtradimensions because: More concise wording.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

How do you figure.

Manafafort got his trial the others will to.

Justice hasn't been served in the slightest.

Three lives destroyed because the GD left wing are sniphats.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

3 lives destroyed because of the left wing? You don't think people should be held accountable for the crimes they commit?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

No.

Pardons come AFTER trials and sentencing.

Geezus christ people.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

3 lives destroyed because of the left wing? You don't think people should be held accountable for the crimes they commit?

Hilary Clinton sure wasn't.

Wasserman Schultz sure wasn't.

BILL CLINTON sure wasn't.

Selective enforcement of the LAW is bull crap.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

What was that a response to? I don't understand. Yes, a pardon should come after sentencing. However, if found guilty, they should serve their time/whatever the sentencing is, rather than be pardoned just because they're Trump's buddies, or god forbid, "out of spite". That isn't how our country should operate.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join