It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An introduction and reminder that a decade is actually a long time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Well, hello.

When I was a boy, I missed out on the opportunity to put something into a time capsule. The capsule will be reopened in 20 years, and although it might be interesting to most, I’ll only lament that I left nothing to commemorate the era.

But I did leave one time capsule of my own.

Over ten years ago I began posting on a site featuring conspiracy theories and other interesting topics. I was so naive at the time that I actually used my real name, and often referenced my location and other details. I loved ATS, and made many friends over a year long time period.

It’s seems as though that ATS is now gone. How do I know this? Because I was banned. I chose not to set up a new account, mostly because I chose to respect the authority of the MODs who removed me. The irony? If you were to go back and look, the things I wrote (a rare dip in the political pool) were tame compared to posts today. Yet it was enough to offend and have members declare that this was not the type of site they wanted.

I missed debates. I missed funconversations. I missed exclusive reasearch. I miss a lot of things.

But I did not miss out on life!

I did radio, and was nominated for a Peabody. The experience in talk and news radio sculpted my views on many new subjunctive to me.
I rejoined the military and served two tours in Afghanistan. I wrote 52 weekly articles for a hometown newspaper (after high jacking a Romanian satellite dish) and was nominated for a Pulitzer.
I ran three congressional campaigns, then ran for public office myself (almost won!) as a registered independent.
I wrote two books. I was called to active duty. I moved three times, got married, and had two wonderful children.
Hell- just last week, I bought a home.
I am an expert in many areas, and knowledgeable in a few others. I am curious about the rest

And I have lurked behind the screen more frequently lately, with a strong desire to re enter the fray.
I do t know if there is anyone here who still remembers me, but I will share with a mod the account name.
I don’t want it back. It’s a time capsule, that should remain buried. But I do believe I was banned for something that has evolved, and in transparency would like to resume my efforts here. I believe I would be an addition here.

I await your decision.

edit on 8.21.2018 by Zarniwoop because: edited thread title

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ThouArtGod

I'm actually the ruler of a nearby planet.
And no, you can't see pictures.

Welcome to ATS again. You still have to respect others. (except that one guy, he's a douche)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Closed for staff review

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Reopened.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I am happy to show my past username to a mod in a personal message. I have nothing to hide.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The MODS have spoken apparently so welcome back. Nice set of achievements and great skill sets to bring back here.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Thank you! So weird to have zero stars and flags, lol...

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Welcome back to the forums.

Thank you for your service to our country.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

It’s an honor to serve, thank you! 16 yrs... ugh.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Hi there! Welcome back!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Holy crap! I know you! Greetings and thank you!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Welcome back!
Sounds like you're quite the go-getter. Thank you for your service.

On a more ironic note.. "often referenced" "other details"

That satelite dish story sounds cool. I have often considered my own small radio telescope.

-Driver

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThouArtGod
a reply to: Night Star

Holy crap! I know you! Greetings and thank you!

You do? That's cool

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Z32Driver

Ha ha! I know- I meant travel in real time, etc. things I would NEVER do today.

Edit to add that I just left a duty station right by you 6 mos ago. Another detail... sheesh!
edit on 21/8/1818 by ThouArtGod because: Edit to recognize a coinkidink.

top topics

join