It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone think male cheerleaders are gonna help NFL ratings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The title pretty much sums it up. I am curious if you think having a "male" cheerleader is going to help the faltering NFL ratings?

Mom's jitters give way to pride as Jesse Hernandez debuts as first male Saintsation

Mom's jitters give way to pride as Jesse Hernandez debuts as first male Saintsation

It wasn’t the preseason game the Saints were about to play against Arizona that worried her — the dance instructor hardly watches football. What mattered to her was how her son, Jesse, would fare in his debut as the first-ever male member of the Saintsations, New Orleans’ NFL dance team.

www.theadvocate.com...
edit on 18-8-2018 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Bwhahahaha,,,,
They could get rid of all the cheerleaders and the ratings wouldn't change...

Now topless lady cheerleaders would work for a week or two.

Take politics out of the game and ratings will return.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Male cheerleaders, wow!

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Male football cheerleaders?

This country truly has gone to #.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

Why do you need male cheerleaders when you have all those guys in tights jumping all over each other?
I will watch if they go with the topless lady cheerleaders or lady players in tights jumping all over each other.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
women should have equal rights on the field as well, seriously

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I don't think the male cheerleaders are going to help, at all. The new helmet rule might lower the ratings even more. Bluntone22 is right though, taking politics out of the game would help a great deal.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

yeah but the issues with football players and CTE is really bad, it's worse than with boxers, they hit each other harder

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I stopped watching last year, this just re enforces my decision to not watch NFL anymore, so , to answer your question no it will hurt ratings and ticket sales.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I get where you're coming from but an offensive player/running back/receiver/tight end can lower their head and smack a defensive player and its not a flag.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Not with me, it will not. The only thing that’s going to fix the NFL is give the fans what they want. Presently thats respect the flag, respect the team, and respect our country. Until the morale issues improve the fans don’t care about the NFL. Besides I would rather watch college ball.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I don’t think male cheerleaders will have an impact on the league’s popularity in these times.

I will say though, that male cheerleaders add an excellent dynamic to the squad. Their strength is an asset to some difficult maneuvers , and I’ve always enjoyed watching their skill level.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Maybe if they dress them in tutu's they can draw in the gay crowd that watches MMA to see the dudes doing those jujitsu moves where they teabag each other into submission LOL

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Nope. Cheerleaders in general for me add nothing because I think it's perpetuating the idea that women are just objects to look at. I honestly don't think they help the team at all. The Patriots don't have cheerleaders and they're usually one of the best teams. Hmmmm

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

What maneuvers do NFL cheerleaders do where strength would play a part?

The NFL cheerleaders dont get tossed in the air nor do they do standing pyramids or whatever they’re called like competitive high school / college squads do. They just gyrate, look pretty and cheer as far as I know.

As for the male cheerleaders’ impact on ratings. Zero impact because no one cares. Cheerleaders get paid peanuts and people dont care. They get treated like # by their own organizations and players, as often reported, and no one cares. Theres no money in cheerleading so no one cares.

I heard today during the LA Rams game that THEIR male cheerleader was the first so one of these teams is lying - lol. And given its LA, well, its fitting that they have one or two actually.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

I don't think the male cheerleaders are going to help, at all. The new helmet rule might lower the ratings even more. Bluntone22 is right though, taking politics out of the game would help a great deal.

The new helmet rule is going to be a disaster. the way they have been calling it in the preseason, it seems the refs arent even sure what the standard is.......basically it will be called on every hit over the middle

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I wouldn't watch that garbage before, and now you're talking about making it more awful.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Oh please. Regardless of the sport using them, nobody looks at cheerleaders expecting anything other than cute, bouncy, decently endowed women. Even us women ogle that. I don't know about you guys, but I want to look at the traditional boobies & tight butts, not gender equality.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Love the loopy liberal logic.

Hmmm ratings are dropping because of loopy liberal politics.......

Add more loopy liberal idea's!

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
How soon til this guy takes a knee?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join