It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "deep note"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
ATS!!! please be patient with me and don´t jump to conclusions / make your mind up until the end, I´ll try to stay on topic but I´m over excited because of all the "coincidences" lately... and now this. I´m not a big dreamer, I can´t do lucid dreaming. Never remember my dreams (I think I do dream at night, but can´t remember)

I´m fairly freaked out so expect missing chars!!! Also, I know myself to good, If I look back on what I typed, I´ll start to optimize what I wrote because I think you wont understand me... So I´ll just type along... This means, If you see me posting and finished reading but think theres more to come, I´ll probably still typing while you think that. So please be patient.

First, who am I? Those who know me from reading my posts, may recognize I´m seldom in this kind of topic. I´m a technical guy. I believe in god but not in the way most of you define the word "god". I acknowledge some phenomenas can´t be currently explained and I am sort of open minded but not a blind believer.

Last saturday was the second time in my life I had a "real" (as I call it) OBE. I layed down in my bed around 1pm because I felt so tired. I did not drank any alcohol (not even in the last two months or so) and I didn´t smoke anything funny (or anything drug related at all, no medication except for enzymes I need).

I felt this pressure on my eyes, feeling really tired and even got that hearing-blackout you get when you yawn -without yawning. I know this feeling when I´m extremly exhausted and need to rest ASAP. I was tired because I´m working on smth that I got the idea directly after waking up last friday (but that´s another story). Smth. neural network related. Progressing fast with my idea... anyways

So there I was laying, to tired to sleep. I decided if I can´t fall into sleep, I´m going into trance until I´m so tired, I´ll just knack away. I started by projecting infinite suns in a row that I dove into until my mind readjusted to the next sun and so on.

While doing that, I witnessed myself going way faster and deeper than I ever did before. I´m a bit trained doing this, since I´m into the topic of hypnosis. I pushed harder and suddenly I felt that openness. Before I was sort of tunneling through those suns / photons in the dark but suddenly it was like leaving a tunnel. The blackness around changed to amber but the orange photons still coming up fast one after another. The "air" or resistance or whatever, was getting "thinner" as in, less resistance.

It felt like being a meteor dashing through some kind of barrier and even accelerating after that. And then I heard it, faintly but progressingly getting louder, more ambient and I began to feel it´s (the sounds) vibration and sub-vibrations swinging themselfes up and some downwards, it was crazy but it felt so warm and comfortable.

I kept pushing and pushing while it got louder and louder and I felt that pressure on my face and body. Just when I thought I could not stand the noise anymore, it all imploded. Everything went yellow/white and I felt lighter and lighter (pressure "inverted"). After I adjusted my eyes to the yellowish-white light all around, I was able to make out some contours and finally the whole room.

It was my bedroom and then I realized that I was looking at myself. I remembered to keep myself busy but then the noise started all over again and with that, the air segmented itself into vibrating golden strings. It´s very hard to explain because it was somehow "timeless". Like the strings writing a history during their progressiv movement in tandem with the noise. Like showing the waveform and then fading while the next one glows through.

Then I felt that pull and I would describe the effect with the photons in reverse, so fast they were more like speers than balls. I woke up and felt energized but the clock showed 2 minutes had gone by.

I jumped up and sat down in front of my pc. I typed in "thx" into youtube and there is was, very similar to what I heard the second time in my life now. It sent shivers down my spine, the hairs on my whole body lifted.

The next few hours I OCD´ed into writing something to visualize sound. You get it, a spectrometer/visualizer. I could not find anything that would satisfy my demands on resolution and I wanted to be able to do math on the data and throw the neural net at it.

continued in next post...

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I wrote this :

You´re looking at the first ~30 seconds of Beethovens 5th symphony. The black void zone is where the new data is drawn. Right from it, is the oldest data, left from it, the newest. Maybe you´ll see the "da-da-da-daaaaa", if so, just wait...
40Hz - 20000Hz, 9 microsecond sample time, 2000 neural network "hubs" doing fourier transformations and statistical stuff for deep analysis.

This tool takes the audio in wave format directly from the soundcard and streams it into a buffer (RAM). From there, every ~9 microseconds a loop finishes sampling the data and writing it into an IO stream on the SSD. From there, the neural net does the magic and handles the 2000 "sample lines" and all the multi-threading and GPU management.

I tried to do it live but it´s a #-load of data to handle. Too much even for the GPUs to handle, let alone draw the momentary spectrogram and handle all the other stuff it encompasses. My machine is not high end by any means (any means = 2018´s standard) but I never ran into such a bottle neck when it comes to processing power.

What do I mean with deep note?
Most of you will know this kind of "symphonetic sound" (yes, I made up that word). The word "deep note" however, is

THX's audio trademark, a distinctive synthesized crescendo that glissandos from a relatively narrow frequency spread (about 200-400Hz) to a broader frequency spread (of about 3 octaves). It was created by Dr. James A. Moorer,[1] a former employee of Lucasfilm's Computer Division in late 1982.
[

Maybe you heard this kind of sound pattern in church, too. I did. It´s reproduceable with an organ (the instrument) but of course I don´t know how (as of yet). It´s very pleasant to hear, at least for me.

next post to preserve some time to think and keep it readable... continued in next post
edit on 18-8-2018 by verschickter because: fixed youtube video

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

logarithmic

non-logarithmic

It blew me away! This was basically what I saw, but golden and live movement of those waveforms as new ones kept fading in and the olds fading away.

Keep in mind you´re just looking at the spectrogram visualizing the data, any roughtness comes from averaging. There´s literally gigabytes of data. I can draw any range of the spectrum down to very fine detail.

But the most important thing that I want to know is:

How is this all possible???????
Also, keep in mind, this is not actually the sound I heard, it´s just very very similar.

Don´t be fooled by the pixel data. There´s tons of data behind those lines but at some point, I have to draw an average.

Edit: I have to stop for a moment, both CPU and GPU are reaching temps over 80°C and the fans are working hard (it´s still 24°C outside).

edit on 18-8-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I just found out that I´m not the only one doing this.

And then I stumbled across this!!!!
WTF??? Exchange the blue with white and this is EXACTLY what I saw.

My heart is racing and I feel adrenaline!!!
This is not from my tool, I found this via google!!!

Edit: I´m finished... both mental and with writing the op...

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I get that you are completely excited by this experience....epiphany ?

I am not techy at all, so got a little lost with the last parts of your op.
I have had OOBE many times though. But have never had this sound.

Are you saying that while you were out of body..you saw actual waves of sound ?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat
I´m so glad someone is out there reading this.

Are you saying that while you were out of body..you saw actual waves of sound ?

Yes, that would be the extremly short TL;DR version of this whole thread! Perfectly narrowed down!

And not just lines of sound, live breathing living damn exactly those patterns. Why?? I can´t imagine the human brain is doing this sort of stuff normally. I am good at visualizing things but not like that.

Not even slightly.

Currently I try cope with two thoughts
-I´m crazy and somehow managed to reproduce that on screen with that similar sound (the deep note). The fact that other spectrographs show the same patterns excludes the second part of this thought-train.

-I just don´t know.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
While I keep an eye on this thread I´ll string a toolchain that will allow me to search for specific patterns in this.

My first shot will be the golden ratio, not because of the golden part of the name but the beauty of the number.
But I still can´t wrap my head around what to look for exactly.

It´s also a scale thing, time wise.
I just don´t know, I reached the endpoint of my current math and programming capabilities and I´m stuck with the NN (neural network, nn for simplicity sake).

I just don´t know where to start, what to train the nn for and all the sidesteps that come with it, I´m loosing the overview. I´m doing fine mental, but I think I´m not smart enough the conquer this one.

And then there is the bottleneck hardware side. I already entertained the thought to rent a dedicated server and go in tandem with my own machine and the powerEdge in the barn.

But 50Mbit is not fast enough.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Sorry for all the double posts but I need to clear my head and sort it (posts will do).

Let´s go back:

-I took a very very similar sound pattern and now I try to make sense of that by interpolating what I see visually on screen (the data) to what I "saw".

-I am aware that the data I look at isn´t the one I saw but I know I have very precise readings and I can throw pattern recognizing at it.

--> There must be some similarity in the data in my head and the one from the deepnote sample. That´s the little straw I´m holding onto, right now.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

If you saw these waves while have an OBE then you can basically throw all the " normal " human capabilities right out of the window.
What our astral selves can see ..hear..do or achieve is pretty limitless....compared to our normal conscious self.

What is really cool about it all is that you have been able to use this experience to recreate a visual representation of what you saw while out of body.
That is amazing.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
My goodness.

I reversed the order so the oldest data is processed first. Now the higher frequencies are down at the bottom and the lower ones, on the top, too This is starting to get really weird.

For simplicity, I just mirrored the already snipped spectrograph. Both verticaly and horizizontally and it should do the trick.

At first it looked strange, then I saw it:

Remember how I described the feeling?

It´s like what I felt was the reverse of what I heard. I can´t word it any better currently.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
OH COME ON!!!

What is this #? Am I still dreaming??? This is so bizzare, it defies time-logic.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Where are all the so called debunkers when you need one?

Please debunk so I can understand.

Facts:

-It was not the first time I heard that sound in combination with an OOBE.
-I compared it in the past with the THX sound, several times spread over ATS here and there.
-It lasted about 2 minutes because noticed the time on my smartphone when I set the clock to not sleep until evening.

I swear -and I´m not doing that often- by my soul that I never looked at the THX sound on a spectrograph or visualizer before. The only "idea" I could have is by thinking about the rise in volume on a timescale and get a rough mental picture about that. It would look like a e-function rising or something like that, if I think about the sound alone. That would not explain the yellow part about the sub-vibrations swinging UP and down.

But I did not hear the exact sound like THX. I mean it was exactly the same but I recognize the data I get from the THX sound will be a bit different.

Still, the wobbles up and down at the end...

And then the reverse thing that MATCHES exactly what I experienced BEFORE I heard the sound.

???????

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I´m not trolling or looking for attention!!!

So please keep it civil. If you want to label me insane, first explain how does it come that my experience matches exactly the spectrograph in reverse???

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I´m so sorry in all the hectic, I oversaw your post.

What is really cool about it all is that you have been able to use this experience to recreate a visual representation of what you saw while out of body. That is amazing.

I do not understand.

Look at the latest picture I posted. Not only does this pattern match what I saw, it seems that the pattern also reflects the timeline of my "journey" in reverse.

So do you mean that or do you mean that I recognized the patterns from the sound I heard on the spectrograph?

I´m totally confused by now. Do you know what I mean? Do you see it?

Right-click "show image" to get the full resolution..

The "blobs" are the suns, the red line is the barrier, the green line is the acceleration and the yellow arrows point to the up and down swinging "sub vibrations".

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Someone correct me but this is really amazing.

Again:

The pattern of the sound that I heard AFTER I breached through that "barrier" / "end of tunnel" MATCHES the timeline of my journey in REVERSE.

This is mind blowing. I don´t know much about astral-stuff and OBEE.

I´m getting angry right now because I feel I can´t communicate this propper. You must all think I´m crazy but I´m now 100% conviced I´m onto something very strange.

Please just read my experience and then look at that:

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I meant that you were able to recreate what you saw on the spectrograph.
I don't look at these sorts of images or data..like I said
.....not a tech person at all.
But if this is the sound images you seen then it is awesome..that you saw them in the first place
And secondly..( speaking as a non techy person ) I am impressed that you can recreate the visual representation.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Note to myself:
I need a medical grade EEG ASAP to record this and try to do the photon-sun thing again and see what happens!!
Then record that and see what it looks like!

But how do I get the right setting / tiredness??

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I notice that this might be impressive to you (wait.. don´t take it the wrong way) but that´s not even on my radar right now. Yes it´s impressive to me also but what I try to convey to you that there is something far more bizzare here, that overshadows that. It´s like, if you think that´s already baffling please do the following:

Remember those words:

1.) sun / photon
2.) Barrier
3.) Acceleration
4.) Vibrations swinging up and down

now look at the picture:

I hope you see it.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Summary

1) Had an OOBE.
2) Heard music, saw sound waves.
3) Identified that music as very very very similar to the THX sound.
4) Wrote a spectrograph to look at the soundwaves of that THX sound
5) Recognized the pattern!!!! (first real mind blown)
6)If you reverse the pattern, it depicts the whole OOBE graphically...

edit on 18-8-2018 by verschickter because: OBEE = OOBE, fixed that

...from the beginning until the end!

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

First of all- cool. Thanks for sharing with us!

Have you looked into synesthesia? This is a condition where certain people "see" sound or "hear" color. In one of my graduate classes (Music) we had to present a paper at the end of the semester (mine was on the Castrati- look that up if you want to read about some freaky social phenomenon in the Baroque period!) and one person did her paper on Synesthesia. I had never heard of this condition, and it's fascinating.

I'm not saying you're a synesthete- BUT I bet some of the research done in that area might relate to what you've experienced.

Thanks for posting!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join