It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA lost China

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

It was considered one of the CIA’s worst failures in decades: Over a two-year period starting in late 2010, Chinese authorities systematically dismantled the agency’s network of agents across the country, executing dozens of suspected U.S. spies.
(..)The CIA had imported the system from its Middle East operations, where the online environment was considerably less hazardous, and apparently underestimated China’s ability to penetrate it.
Source

You win some, you lose some. In this case, "about 30 CIA assets and those in their orbit (were) executed by China during the two-year period".

Thank you for this botching, CIA.
Do you like losing? You know, like spies, people, lives, the ability to spy on a whole country - because you seriously misunderestimated another country? Wellll ShIt happens, eh?
edit on 17 8 2018 by ManFromEurope because: Source included

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I suppose that we can at least hope the people they executed were actually guilty. Still horrific but it's even worse to think the people they executed may have been completely innocent. Or may have even just been people who made the mistake of openly dissenting. You never knew with totalitarian governments. I'd almost bet Chinese citizens are afraid to even think anything that isn't approved.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   
they'd all be alive and well, had they NOT been in China Spying on them...

tell dubbaya "misundersetimated" is still not a word
edit on 17-8-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   
So what you are trying to say is..we should have let the Japanese finish them off and the Russians too pre WW2, so we would not have to deal with this bass ackwards copy cat of a nation like we have to today.

I like the way you think.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

And now you do not even have "real" intelligence over there.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

This is a ploy to convince the Chinese that their decoy agents were the real ones, and get them to think that they unraveled the network - when in reality the actual CIA network is far more deeply embedded than anyone ever realized.
edit on 8/17/2018 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   
My question is , did Nixon sell out America to China.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

You really think that the CIA in its current state (being divided and disturbed and confused by Donald Trump) is capable of 5D-chess?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Frankly, the Chinese government is probably the creepiest government on the planet. If not for it's actions, for it's size, power and the curious blend of capitalism and communism that exists there.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

Frankly, the Chinese government is probably the creepiest government on the planet. If not for it's actions, for it's size, power and the curious blend of capitalism and communism that exists there.

so, the US spies on its citizens, the snowden ordeal didn't mean that was stopped. we 'invade' or 'free' other countries in modern times, arm rebels, toppled governments, bomb countries and leave, with 0 repercussions or 'sanctions '...lets not count how many accidental hospitals bombed, overt government corruption and election rigging, get caught spying on allies. now spies get caught in a foreign sovereign country and pay the ultimate price... yet the Chinese government is the 'creepiest ' government on the planet...

try opening your eyes a little ...

originally posted by: SR1TX
So what you are trying to say is..we should have let the Japanese finish them off and the Russians too pre WW2, so we would not have to deal with this bass ackwards copy cat of a nation like we have to today.

I like the way you think.

please do tell me what else I'm trying to say, and use the psychic ad hominem powers which are clearly at your disposal

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   
So...

We have almost *all* of our manufacturing over there, and they are a complete threat to us, yet we export from there all the time.

PLEASE tell me anyone else finds this so damn weird...

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   

so, the US spies on its citizens, the snowden ordeal didn't mean that was stopped. we 'invade' or 'free' other countries in modern times, arm rebels, toppled governments, bomb countries and leave, with 0 repercussions or 'sanctions '...lets not count how many accidental hospitals bombed, overt government corruption and election rigging, get caught spying on allies. now spies get caught in a foreign sovereign country and pay the ultimate price... yet the Chinese government is the 'creepiest ' government on the planet...

try opening your eyes a little ...

The inherent creepiness of ANY government notwithstanding, the Chinese government still gives me the willies just that much more because I think open totalitarianism is #ing scary. Especially when countries that claim to be free have open trade relations with said governments.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
[SNIPPED]

From the source,

"A possible agent had provided Chinese authorities with information about the CIA asset network, some of the CIA’s spy work had been sloppy and might have been detected by Chinese authorities, and the communications system had been compromised. The investigators concluded that a “confluence and combination of events” had wiped out the spy network, according to one of the former officials." Et al.

China is at the point where it is on its own, cut free from America and all the tools it has learned and stolen over the years.

China is on the move and while I believe we still have some assets, anything involving China is now done with. They have reached a critical point in which they will eventually be are adversary.

Remember, China wants what the US has and will strive to reach it as they feel its their place and not the US.

So, even tho this is an old story, ultimately, it comes down to a mole who destroyed our network.

This goes hand in hand with why I voted Trump, he is all about domestic and local, so hopefully this translates to security and revamping of our sensitive systems.

China can no longer be viewed as some back water country with cheap labor, rather, a rising power utilizing its acquired knowledge and stolen secrets with imperialist agendas.
edit on 17-8-2018 by Arnie123 because: Dismantled OP is easy work, adding more.

edit on 8.17.2018 by Kandinsky because: Removed ill-mannered comments

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

China is the world's second superpower. as an isolationist country, it has been happy with that for nearly a century.

China has no need for the u.s. to be their adversary. they wouldn't gain anything. we're doing the hard work for them.
imagine how many countries that have the USA on their sh!t-list, imagine how many have China...

we're one bad tweet away from having any capable allies looking the other way.

China doesn't have to drop a single missile to remain second world's superpower... think about that. the warfare arena is changing, and the u.s. is stagnant... other nations can sow chaos with a click of a mouse... what good are nukes when a country can be destroyed from within...
edit on 17-8-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

The US is really starting to make me scared to think of anything that isnt approved either...

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

You don't make any sense and when you say stuff like, "one bad tweet away.." you clearly don't have an understanding of geopolitics 😒

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Do you think China doesn’t have any spies in the United States?
Do you think China is our friend?

Why do you mock the failure of an attempt to keep our country safe and in turn mock those that died doing so?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

tell dubbaya "misundersetimated" is still not a word

Right because we know for a fact every one of them was guilty of spying right? I mean Communist China said so, so it must be true. SMFH you people are twisted.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
China and American military are enemies , that is a fact.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join