It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit Rep. Bettie Cook Scott on Asian opponent: 'Don't vote for the ching-chong!'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
And not one word from the usual suspects. If she had been a republican, this first page would've been plastered with calls for her head on a platter.

Actually, the number of active ATS posters seems to be diminishing as the months go by. Getting quieter earlier in the evening too.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
... I guess I should mention the person making the slurs was an African American Democratic Representative from Detroit. ...

You know, before I read that, before I'd even clicked on the link to this thread, I'd pretty much figured that out (all but the Detroit part). Assumed it. Call it what you want. Call me racist. But were I a betting man, I'd have put big money on that possibility.

:
edit on 2018 8 16 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Actually, nobody would have, if it had been a republican.

We try to clean our house as we go, you just keep putting blankets over your cockroaches.

I do love that you had the throw the word "possibly" in there though.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

You were fine. It's all good.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: rollanotherone

Possibly. However if it had been a Republican, the other usual suspects would be here defending her.

Ahhhh. Speak of the devil. Mighty wide brush you got there.
However, she isn't a republican and your statement has no credibility.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Possibly. However if it had been a Republican, the other usual suspects would be here defending her.

So you seem to be a Democrat from what I've seen here. Care to comment on Scott's behavior?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

So you seem to be a Democrat from what I've seen here. Care to comment on Scott's behavior?

I am no Democrat, but I will sort of defend her

It was just words, and I don’t really care at all

She sounds like a moron, possibly racist, but these words aren’t proof enough to me in any way

I would vote based on policies, not based on offensive language

Sure many people will be hypocrites, and this woman’s own party is quick to point out any comments like this on the other side as racist

But I am not a hypocrite, and so my feelings on her comments are a big “ meh, who cares”

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

Ahhhh. Speak of the devil. Mighty wide brush you got there.
However, she isn't a republican and your statement has no credibility.

Actually, I must confess. Every now and then when I find one of these bash the libtard thread I know that eventually I will find at least one reply commenting on the lack of democrat defenders, and make a reply to them, you know, just to not let them down with no one to pounce on.

We have a list you know, us usual suspects. One of these threads comes up and it is dull enough, you know droning on and on with the usual banter, staring and flagging and waiting, just waiting for one of us to show up, and we pull straws, short straw has to jump into the thread and give you guys some meat to eat.

Tonight, that's me ,and this is that thread.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

A swing and a miss. However I will comment on Scott if you like.

If true, she has demonstrated a very small minded level of consciousness limited very likely to herself, the people close to her and likely to people with whom she feels a trial affiliation. Everyone else is ''them''.

People with this level of consciousness are spread all across the religious, social, political economic spectrum.
If you want to talk about how democrats would talk about her, take that up with someone else because as I mentioned earlier, saaaaaaaawing and a miss.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Sure

But I live and let live, and so I guess I will die by that as well

I don’t get in a huff when someone I like says something offensive, so I will not do that when someone I don’t like does the same

Now if she is on record calling out people for offensive comments; sure out her as a hypocrite

But I will not be drug down into the offended olympics

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Oh I am all for free speech, how else can we find out who the racists are if we forced people to only speak politely?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Nice to see you back from your sabbatical G.

I like the ''offended olympics'' coin. I agree, there is much more to pay attention to than simple partisan disgust.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Oh I am all for free speech, how else can we find out who the racists are if we forced people to only speak politely?

Absolutely

But again, these words that she supposedly said do not even come close to proving she is a racist to me

Could have been a joke, could have been out of ignorance, or other things

I literally just don’t care

I am so tired of scanning for any offensive thing anyon has possibly ever said

Does she have good policies or not? That’s it for me
edit on 17-8-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Nice to see you back from your sabbatical G.

I like the ''offended olympics'' coin. I agree, there is much more to pay attention to than simple partisan disgust.

Thanks for the kind words

Don’t let me fool you though, I am as partisan as the next guy

I just can’t stand the race to be offended

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Well, you have shamed me.

I admit that I enjoyed seeing a leftist say something stupid.

And I took a little pleasure in ribbing someone who's ideology has placed me in a basket of deplorables. I should probably be a better person, but sometimes, I'm not.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Well, you have shamed me.

I admit that I enjoyed seeing a leftist say something stupid.

And I took a little pleasure in ribbing someone who's ideology has placed me in a basket of deplorables. I should probably be a better person, but sometimes, I'm not.

Don’t let me take away enjoyment

I love pointing out hypocrisy, so again, if this woman called other people out for offensive language, she should be called out

But I am not trying to shame anyone

I am merely giving my stance; I don’t really care about offensive language from anyone

It is totally reasonable to care about those sorts of things though

To me, either point is entirely defensible, as long as the offensive or lack of it is applied to all sides

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   

naah, you didn't leave them, they left you.

At least, that's what happened to me. That was twenty plus years ago, now... Apparently they don't miss me.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Thank you for explaining that. I have never heard that before.

Now, if you can explain why any slur would be applied to a people who lived in relative peace, harmony with the land, and took care of their tribesmen by a group who can't seem to do anything except plunder, pillage, stab their neighbor in the back, and complain about it while they're doing it, you'll have my eternal gratitude.

I guess I'm an apple, too... maybe reverse apple (red on the inside).

TheRedneck
(proud of my Cherokee heritage)
(ashamed for not knowing more about it)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join