It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's military parade estimated to cost $92 million, $80 million more than earlier estimate

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
and that you ran on the ceiling? The Fed prints + - 29 million dollars per hour. three hours the machine works and you are in the +

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
Its a public parade. Think about it.

I know! I hope there's gonna be balloons...you know, the BIG ones!

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Sorry folks, parade's been postponed or cancelled.
Don't worry, I'm sure today's news cycle will bring you something new to be outraged over

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Hey it's coming from Trump so it must be good and the correct thing to do. ;-)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Why would the POTUS be planning a trip over to France on the US Veterans' Day ? Shouldn't the Commander in Chief be with his own military and veterans on that specific day ?

Such a big man baby, spitting out his dummy...again

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmickat
Why would the POTUS be planning a trip over to France on the US Veterans' Day ? Shouldn't the Commander in Chief be with his own military and veterans on that specific day ?

Maybe to honor the 100th anniversary of the end of WWI and the 116,516 deaths and approximately 320,000 sick and wounded of the 4.7 million U.S. men who served.

You'd be bitching about Trump's actions on this no matter what he did, let's be honest.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

So why France..that was my question.
Why can't he honour all those millions who served and those who lost their lives...in his own country, with US veterans ?

To be honest....
He dishonours them by going to France on 11/11

But then he is a huge man baby...can't self aggrandize...so he decides to go sulk in France instead
edit on 17/8/18 by cosmickat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

Oh I don't know....maybe because some of the biggest and deadliest battles of WWI were in France?

Please read up on that ghastly War to end all Wars.

You've proved my point for me, thank you.

You were outraged at THIS, right?

But but Trump........

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Makes perfect sense. Going to the battlefields where those troops were killed and gassed. That's where laying a wreath makes the most sense.

ETA: A military parade is a waste of money though. What's the purpose?

edit on 17-8-2018 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Prove your own points.
And I will stick to my own....which is...
He is DIS honouring his country's own Veterans.

Being the big sulking douche that he is and taking a trip to look at France's parade because..poor Donnie can't get his own.

In a nut shell.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Prove your own points.

Being the big sulking douche that he is and taking a trip to look at France's parade because..poor Donnie can't get his own.

In a nut shell.

It does come off as a douchy snub, doesn't it? "Fine, if I can't get MY grossly expensive military parade in the US, I'll just go over there and hang out with the French instead on our Veterans Day. Neener neener, suck it!"

But 'Murica first or some s#, right?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Prove your own points.

In a nut shell.

I'm a vet and I don't feel dishonored. I feel that the persons responsible for making it so bloody expensive to have a parade that is supposed to honour our troops are the dishonorable ones.

So.... If Trump visited Normandy instead, would that be more patriotic or would it be the same as visiting Paris?

Rhetorical. It's a trick question. Still, it proves my point.

Jeeze... You guys act like Obama did a better job. Wonder what he was doing on those days. Remember any of that?

Also rhetorical...
edit on 17-8-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Prove your own points.

In a nut shell.

It does come off as a douchy snub, doesn't it? "Fine, if I can't get MY grossly expensive military parade in the US, I'll just go over there and hang out with the French instead on our Veterans Day. Neener neener, suck it!"

But 'Murica first or some s#, right?

Well yeah...that's is my thoughts too

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Prove your own points.

In a nut shell.

I'm a vet and I don't feel dishonored. I feel that the persons responsible for making it so bloody expensive to have a parade that is supposed to honour our troops are the dishonorable ones.

So.... If Trump visited Normandy instead, would that be more patriotic or would it be the same as visiting Paris?

Rhetorical. It's a trick question. Still, it proves my point.

Jeeze... You guys act like Obama did a better job. Wonder what he was doing on those days. Remember any of that?

Also rhetorical...

So if it's not a dishonor from him at the top of the Important People totem pole, why would not having a parade be offensive?

It stands to reason that if you're not important enough for the CiC to stay within the country ON Veterans Day, then what difference does a parade make at the end of the day? That you got the comfort of equally hollow lip service with a huge price tag?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure I did. Would you like me to show even more President's celebrating Veterans Day in another Country?

I've given you reasons even as to why that Country, citing historical facts.

But your opinion means more than that......Lol

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuckIt may well be that a lot of veterans will share your views.

It is still my opinion though that DJT is doing what he always does..throwing his toys out of his pram because he can't get his way.
By instantly tweeting....what is essentially...
"Screw all of this I will just go to France instead..it is DJT's way of flippin a big fat bird "
Extremely crappy reaction from an extremely infantile man
edit on 17/8/18 by cosmickat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

So you think just because you are an actual Veteran you know more than cosmickat and nyiah?

Your opinions don't matter to them....

Thanks for your service and post.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

From that ...is your deflection and whataboutism even relevant to my opinion on Trump ?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

So you think just because you are an actual Veteran you know more than cosmickat and nyiah?

I find it amusing that he's ignoring the comments of other vets in the thread that think it's a pointless waste of time & money, and speaking for all of them instead of just himself like he should be.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Very snarky...is this what triggered looks like ?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join