It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Universe is Mental, God is the All in Everything

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

A couple of links to information or even some other proof of this alleged "plenty if evidence" might be nice.

Just saying.
edit on 17-8-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Look is the mirror.. you are evidence of something that was extremely intelligently designed. From the purpose of eye lashes to the earth.
These things have roles that take high levels of thought.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

God is the all in everything. We can become closer to god by expanding awareness and dissolving boundaries, looking to see things not as separate from us but as us themselves. We are all everything and god as god is us and everything.

Excuse me toysforadults, I feel like fielding these questions...

originally posted by: Deetermined
If you were to come across a person trying to kill you, how do you see yourself in that?

I generally look at it as a cry for help.The world needs healing.I believe most individuals have gone through traumatic experiences that interfere with them living a more healthy lifestyle.An afflicted part of a larger whole.

What is God's purpose for that?

I believe the purpose of suffering multifaceted.Learning the difference between pain and suffering is one purpose.Hopefully, experiencing suffering will encourage somebody to develope a deeper sense of sympathy and empathy for other beings in the world around them.

When becoming "aware" of this, how does it make you closer to God? If God is the all in all, aren't you really stating that God uses all of these things to draw closer to himself?

Imo, yes.Awareness of the Hermetic principles reminds me that I don't need to visit a temple, church, or sacred spot to commune with God.I feel that relationship everywhere, as long as I practice the Golden Rule and loving Good...

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

All very good answers, but God doesn't have to be "all in all" to experience and recognize any of what you have stated. In fact, many don't recognize what you're saying, so how is God in them too? How do you explain God as being a part of evil people? What do evil people learn? What happens to them?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

That's Pi, Phi, and Fibonacci sequence at work there, which implies a mathematical component and/or even underlying code which shapes our reality at play, but its not conclusive evidence of a creator per-say.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Very true

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Those are good questions, and above my pay grade. I don't get to decide the fate of those who's behaviors let us down.

Imo, individuals miss the mark purely through ignorance. Often those who appear to be malevolent have given up on themselves. That doesn't mean everyone else has.

"If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?""
-Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
edit on 17-8-2018 by dffrntkndfnml because: Added quote

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The universe is disappearing and there's nothing we can do to stop it

edit on 17-8-2018 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I guess, but its definitel intelligently designed.
As humans we cannot even fathom how things really work.
We can only argue into circles.
Weird place we live

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Imo, individuals miss the mark purely through ignorance. Often those who appear to be malevolent have given up on themselves. That doesn't mean everyone else has.

True, which is precisely why God isn't "all in all", at least not yet.

I would like to think that people care enough about life and where we came from to ask themselves why we haven't evolved past the point of evil after thousands of years, but I guess no one here really cares enough to search for those answers.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   

True, which is precisely why God isn't "all in all", at least not yet.

I would like to think that people care enough about life and where we came from to ask themselves why we haven't evolved past the point of evil after thousands of years, but I guess no one here really cares enough to search for those answers.

The reason is there is a problem with thought......as I have tried to explain.

Thought makes believe that you are a separate thing..............separate to all that is.
Here is a talk which may help you see that there is a problem with thought which makes it incoherent and dangerous.

edit on 18-8-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Thought makes believe that you are a separate thing..............separate to all that is.

So, if you're not separate from evil, how does that keep you from fearing death? Just because you refuse to think about it?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

So, if you're not separate from evil, how does that keep you from fearing death? Just because you refuse to think about it?

Who said 'separate from evil'?

Thought makes believe there are separate things........there isn't separate things.....there is only this that IS.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Got it. You're evil and you refuse to think about death. Talk about fear! You're full of it and lying to yourself. That's why you speak in circles. I guess I would too if I were you.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Did you listen to what David Bohm said in the you tube link?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Got it. You're evil and you refuse to think about death. Talk about fear! You're full of it and lying to yourself. That's why you speak in circles. I guess I would too if I were you.

God is life but you believe in death?

edit on 18-8-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

No, I don't, but you're lying about the fact that you don't.

What happens to you after you die a human death, Itsnowagain? You've always refused to answer that question in the past. Why is that?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

No, I don't, but you're lying about the fact that you don't.

So you don't believe in death?

You're evil and you refuse to think about death.

So do you think about death?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Your lack of answers by responding with questions speaks volumes about you and your belief system. Hopefully, others will recognize this charade of a philosophy that you have adopted as some kind mind cluster to keep you from having to try and answer the hard questions about life for yourself. You're not doing yourself any favors in playing tricks on your own mind.

Goodbye.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Your lack of answers by responding with questions speaks volumes about you and your belief system.

You claim that I am evil..............is it because I refuse to think about death?
Yet you say you do not believe in death.
I am questioning your belief system because you seem to be slightly contradictory.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join