It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Universe is Mental, God is the All in Everything

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

God/Jesus is my creator, protector, and comforter who answers my prayers. I pray to Him often and He speaks to me in different ways, whether it's through dreams or other people. He does reveal Himself to people who are sincere in wanting to know Him, but you'd be surprised how many people really aren't sincere in trying to do that. He knows your heart. He knows the difference and He'll respond or not respond accordingly.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Thank you for sharing.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
While I have had a glimpse of what itsnowagain is saying and believe it to be irrefutably true; I have also found what deetermined just posted to be demonstrably true. I have experienced it.

So where does that leave me? I don’t know. But what i do know is that i need both approaches simultaneously.

They don’t have to be at loggerheads. Jesus knows what IS. Thats what he was trying to teach us.
Love IS, Life IS. Not fearfulness, not death.

He can help us get there. He knows the way. So what if there is no way, no not-way only IS. I am blinded by form and I need help knowing this.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: yughii
So where does that leave me? I don’t know. But what i do know is that i need both approaches simultaneously.

Do you have to approach anything? Isn't everything exactly where you are?
Where does it leave you? Is there actually a you separate to what is happening?

The belief that you have to do something to find what is true is what keeps the truth hidden....there is no you that can do....there is only what is already happening, there isn't any thing separate to the way, the truth and the life.
This is it...no matter how it shows up.
What is IS.

There is no you that can do it wrong or right!!! Isn't that a relief?

edit on 19-8-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

This is the one problem I have with your philosophy, Itisnowagain.

In my view, stating that there is no you who can do it wrong or right is the equivalent of stating that we can commit no wrong or right, but we know that's not true. People commit wrong doings everyday and yet deep down we know we're not supposed to do them, so how do you reconcile that with your philosophy? Are all wrong doings just automatically excused in your view? Or do you choose not to think about it so you don't have to answer for it? Isn't that what's really going on here behind your line of thought?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
People commit wrong doings everyday and yet deep down we know we're not supposed to do them, so how do you reconcile that with your philosophy? Are all wrong doings just automatically excused in your view? Or do you choose not to think about it so you don't have to answer for it? Isn't that what's really going on here behind your line of thought?

There are no wrong doings or right doings.
There is only what is.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

This is the one problem I have with your philosophy, Itisnowagain.

It is not philosophy.

What does 'your God' say about judgement and forgiveness and compassion?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Then why are we given self awareness to know when we've committed a wrong?

Trust me when I say we're supposed to think about these things, not ignore them. It's not healthy. We are given the ability to think for a reason. If everything was just "IS", we wouldn't have been given self awareness.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

It is not philosophy.

Tao or whatever you want to call it is a philosophy.

What does 'your God' say about judgement and forgiveness and compassion?

My God/Jesus says that we must come to Him for forgiveness and that all judgement Has been given to Him also. That doesn't make me Jesus though. I have to accept Jesus as my redeemer. It's a choice. It doesn't happen automatically. You either believe He is who He told us He was or you don't.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

It is not philosophy.

It is not philosophy...............it is a pointer.
It is pointing to what IS.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Trust me when I say we're supposed to think about these things, not ignore them. It's not healthy. We are given the ability to think for a reason. If everything was just "IS", we wouldn't have been given self awareness.

What 'self' are you aware of?
Is it the 'separate to all that is' self or is it this that is actually appearing (Self) that you are aware of?

And are you sure that you think? Are you not simply aware of thought (thought is the appearance)?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults
Shamanic journey?
Did that involve mind altering substances?
Sorry but I don't just blindly believe claims from anonymous folk on the internet. I've seen nothing in my life to draw me towards believing in any gods so I just assume it's all bull#. Come back to me with some evidence to support your claims and I'm open to change my opinion, but right now I'll just assume you have nothing aside from your claimed personal experiences.
Not good enough for obvious reasons.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

It is not philosophy.

It is not philosophy...............it is a pointer.
It is pointing to what IS.

It is a philosophy of what is...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

No one will watch or hear this ^.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

What 'self' are you aware of?

The one where God tells me to do the right thing, but that also knows that I can choose to do the wrong thing through the power of my own free will that is outside of God. We can choose to let God's will override our own, or we can choose our own will over God's. It is not God's will for us to sin, but we do it anyway. That's why God gave us a plan for salvation that allows us to reconcile ourselves back to Him.

edit on 19-8-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Her discursion of meditative inquiry is informed largely by her own vision, but also by the talks and writings of J. Krishnamurti.

Toni Packer. Just another person who didn't like other philosophies and decided to create her own based off of the THOUGHTS of yet another philosopher.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined
Here is a comment posted on the you tube page.

thank you... a breath of understated and uber required fresh air... a "personal" dialogue between two beautiful women who never actually existed in the first place... hallelujah xoxo

Physicist David Bohm also spent many hours in dialogue with Jiddu Kristnamurti.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Your own thoughts are what lead you to believe that you don't really exist. That's not what God wants you to believe.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Your own thoughts are what lead you to believe that you don't really exist. That's not what God wants you to believe.

There is a mind made self and there is the SELF which is ever present.

If you watched the video............just the first 5 minutes..... you may understand........but I can see that you have no intention of understanding......just fighting and saying that I am crazy and telling me I am wrong.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

There is a mind made self and there is the SELF which is ever present.

What we really have is ourself (mind made self) and God which is ever present. God tells us to love Him with all of our heart, all of our soul, and all of our mind. That which is separate has commanded us to use OUR MINDS to love Him and obey Him, although you're not forced to based on the fact that you have control over your own mind.

If you watched the video............just the first 5 minutes..... you may understand.

I did watch the first few minutes. Like you, the interviewer asked Toni if she was a teacher and she responded with a non-answer, just like you do. She goes off on some tangent about seeing the interviewer, the trees and the sky in the background, the person holding the camera, etc. but evades an answer. Non-answers are not answers. It's jibberish meant to deflect and confuse from real meaning for those who choose not to understand with their own free will that is opposite of God's will.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join