It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found a cool looking dirt racing track in a desert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to my first thread, I not sure I put it in the best place, upto you admin dudes.

Awhile ago I was exploring the less inhabited parts of the world on Google Earth. I found myself in Algeria ( 28.183987, 0.405691 ) and I noticed this...

My first thought was it a weird glitch or artifact, but when you zoom in you can see it's man made and covers a large area. The lines aren't completely straight but the pattern is impressive in size.

I like the way it goes right up to the rock formations and then continues.

Wanting more details I got this on Bing maps. The detail much improved, so much so you can see it's actually tire tracks in pairs

I think someone's either made a cool gps race track, as the tracks are in pairs or it’s some kind of gps art.

Have a look and let me know what you think. Has anyone seen one like it before?

Peace

edit on 14-8-2018 by metalman because: bad spelling

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Never seen anything like it before. You would think that would be hard to make by driving. Like you said maybe with GPS, watch your odometer and some math. Then wait a year to see it on Google Earth. Would have to have a lot of time on your hands. Nice find for sure!

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: metalman

Good find. Also associated with this site are these strange rows of dots.

Your pics may be irrigation? Related to Garamantes civilization.
en.wikipedia.org...

Whose region included this area of the Sahara

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Reminds me of the carpet pattern in The Shining (second photo)!!

You know, when Danny is driving his Big Wheel? That would mess with me more than the Nazca Lines!!

Nice find!!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

My first thought when I saw your screenshots was satellite calibration targets, such as this one in China;

Source

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

That's really interesting--all that I can say is, "WTF...that's weird."

Here is a zoomed-in, tighter image showing the tracks. Not only do they make that cool pattern, but all of the randomly directed lines look to be made from the same source/vehicle.

Really strange. It would be cool if these were ancient geoglyphs, but I'm relatively certain that there's a modern explanation and creation behind these, for whatever purpose.

I'm betting on it being a large-scale art piece or something, or maybe just practicing for the real thing.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I thought it looked reel old when I first saw it, but the closeup looks like tyres, huge tyres.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Wreckclues

I saw them but couldn't see a link between them and the tracks, which look modern. There's also a road leading to something geometric to the right of your pic which seems to be spewing out something liquid.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

If it it, they cheaped out on its construction and planning, but could be.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

If they are tyres, someone must of spent a long time out there and its not exactly close to anywhere built up. And just how big would the truck have to be to leave tracks that size?

Its Nuts, I nearly posted in the ancient thread but a vehicle must of made the tracks, but why? It really bothers me that I can't find any info on the web. one of these pics will probably appear in the Daily Mail with the caption "ALIENS" lol.

Practising for art maybe the answer but wheres the finished article?
edit on 15-8-2018 by metalman because: bad spelling

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

OK So I found a Hatch

There's something underground...

Coordinators 28.211051, 0.194487

edit on 15-8-2018 by metalman because: unfinished

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Not sure theses are tracks, take a closer look, there appears to be regularly spaced perpendicular lines connecting the tracks making them long rectangles

Please excuse the label in the upper right corner, an artifact from an earlier post that got transposed.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Very interesting find you have here with the lines, the hatch is pretty far away from it so i wonder if they are related at all but the fact there is hardly anything close to it except for the small outpost does make it just as peculiar as the tire-tracks to say the least.
How did you find this?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimens

I got bored of looking at google moon for interesting stuff. There's so many stitching glitches it looks like the moons covered in bases. So I thought I'd look at the most unspoiled parts of the Earth for the strange or odd things. With a good PC you can search at high speed.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimens

I agree, very interesting. That is a large hatch. Could it be a missile silo?

edit on 18-8-2018 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join