It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aretha Franklin gravely ill in hospital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The news of Aretha's illness comes from TMZ who are quoting a longtime close friend , TMZ were told that Aretha was in hospital suffering from cancer and that time was running out for the legendary singer , sad news indeed.

A source very close to Aretha and a longtime dear friend tells TMZ he was told a week ago, "Prepare yourself, she's dying." The source adds Aretha was down to 86 pounds and her health was failing. The source says 2 weeks ago everyone in Aretha's circle was told "she could go any time."
www.tmz.com...

Thoughts go out to Aretha , her family and friends at this time.

edit on 13-8-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Whoa......sad news.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

A beautiful woman with a voice to match. She has given so much to music it's hard to name a single song. so I won't bother.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Too many good artists and people died the last two years, hope she is not the next!

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
What a gifted lady. So sad to see her wither away like this. I remember she actually replaced the soprano in an emergency opera situation once and was fabulous. The lady could sing anything. A gift to humanity. Many blessings for what she has given the world.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
People get old and die.
Fact of the matter.
She had a hell of a good run.
May she pass in peace.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

makes me think of that song with the lyrics "if there's a rock and roll heaven then there must be a hell of a band" she will be the next to join...such an incredible talent

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I wonder if she had a court appearance coming up?

That's what they said last time she had one, and a couple times before too as I recall. Was related to tax issues if I'm not mistaken.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
"H-O-S-P-I-C-E, find out what it means to me."
Sorry...I had to.

top topics

join