It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives call for constitutional intervention last seen 230 years ago

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. I think this would be a good idea. It would

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

I'd love my home state to veto the Brady Handgun Prevention Act,and the machine gun ban

Oh my god you people are so insane. Banning machine guns is probably the smartest thing our country ever did. Yeah, instead of people running around like madmen with AR-15s let's upgrade all the crazies to machine guns!!

Unbelievably stupid and deluded. How the hell would this do anything to solve any of the problems with our country?!

I think this is just projection on your part. You think that access to a machine gun would make you run around and off anyone you didn't agree with.

Based on your posts, that is probably true.

However, normal people just don't think that way.

But in the spirit of making an effective compromise, we should allow machine guns to only be owned by conservatives.

That way the lunatics wouldn't have access to them.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: neo96

You are perhaps forgetting that the Federal government would not be involved in the process.

So the midterm elections really don't matter.

There are also more than a few blue states that would join the Convention just to overturn Citizen's United.

I love you both. But siding with Neo's apprehension on this one. Think of how corrupt our government is from the local/state/federal.

They know we are ready to revolt because they orchestrated this whole damn snip show! Do you really trust them to change our Constitution????

But what exactly is the alternative at this point?

I have some screaming reservations as well about a Con-Con.

I just don't see any other way forward at this point in time. Besides the Progressive agenda.

I'm sure I don't want THAT... but it seems to be the only direction we are headed unless we deal with it.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
You must be delusional if you think any of that will ever happen. Not in a gazillion years will the federal government ever allow any of that. It will basically take the apocalypse to bring down this government.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: oriondc
You must be delusional if you think any of that will ever happen. Not in a gazillion years will the federal government ever allow any of that. It will basically take the apocalypse to bring down this government.

And yet slowly but surely, it is getting closer. 6 more states to go.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: Bone75

I fully support this.
Can we make this happen?

Yeah there you go, bend over and beg for it.

Do you realize you're asking for the congress with the worst approval rating ever to change the constitution? This is the last congress I would ever trust with something this serious.

Now would be a good time to invest in wall building equipment. We're going to need a few more walls.

Why the homophobic slur? You think gay sex is shameful? Wow. Way to out your anti gayness.

Blow me...

a bubble...

in the shape of a violin.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I fully support this.
Can we make this happen?

Yeah there you go, bend over and beg for it.

Do you realize you're asking for the congress with the worst approval rating ever to change the constitution? This is the last congress I would ever trust with something this serious.

Now would be a good time to invest in wall building equipment. We're going to need a few more walls.

Why the homophobic slur? You think gay sex is shameful? Wow. Way to out your anti gayness.

Blow me...

a bubble...

in the shape of a violin.

Now you're showing agression against bubbles?!?! Jesus man. Bubbles make children happy! Maybe you should blow some bubbles and be happy like a child. Violins. Ok. Time to listen to that violin chick with the hot body and nerd glasses.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I don't agree with the Veto rule for states.
Think about it - that puts huge power in the hands of Republicans. There is no way that 2/3 of states will ever veto a Republican-based law/policy, but very possible Democrat-led laws/policies could be vetoed. only 20 states went Democrat in the last election.
If the states are to have a veto rule, they should be able to decide for themselves based on a 2/3 vote of their OWN representatives at the state level.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

I'd love my home state to veto the Brady Handgun Prevention Act,and the machine gun ban

Oh my god you people are so insane. Banning machine guns is probably the smartest thing our country ever did. Yeah, instead of people running around like madmen with AR-15s let's upgrade all the crazies to machine guns!!

Unbelievably stupid and deluded. How the hell would this do anything to solve any of the problems with our country?!

Except the machine gun ban only banned machine guns made after 1986.

Those made before are still available at a premium.

What's insane is the usual suspects refusing to read existing laws.

Both the gun control act of 1968 and the Brady Handgun Prevention Act both parrot 'crazy' people aren't allowed to buy them.

Unbelievably stupid and deluded.

Perfectly describes gunphobes.
edit on 13-8-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
That all seems great but what happens when 3/5 of the vote to change the Constitution or take your guns or you speech or any other number. Shall not be infringed upon means something to us all any anyone for this is not thinking like a true american. Just think if this passed how quickly states like California would seriously do just what I said and would be the downfall of our great country.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

You are perhaps forgetting that the Federal government would not be involved in the process.

So the midterm elections really don't matter.

There are also more than a few blue states that would join the Convention just to overturn Citizen's United.

I love you both. But siding with Neo's apprehension on this one. Think of how corrupt our government is from the local/state/federal.

They know we are ready to revolt because they orchestrated this whole damn snip show! Do you really trust them to change our Constitution????

But what exactly is the alternative at this point?

I have some screaming reservations as well about a Con-Con.

I just don't see any other way forward at this point in time. Besides the Progressive agenda.

I'm sure I don't want THAT... but it seems to be the only direction we are headed unless we deal with it.

Agree with ya that something needs done. We can't continue much longer as is for sure, with the attacks on our Constitution and those elected whom seem to be above the law.

Guess either way, we are going to have to bite the bullet and let the chips fall where they may.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
How about names...

Let's name people you trust to vote for you when the constitution is suspended.

The list is too short unless we just lock rand and ron paul in a room guarded by the best until they come up with something better.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Sounds like a great idea if you want the states to eventually divide themselves. It hasn't been done in about 160 years, so maybe it's time again.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Everything that you just laid out in this OP is worthy of my vote, pending specifics and details. I am especially interested in the three-fifths-vote veto, though--I mean, should Delaware have the same power as Texas, or California?

But then we're basically getting into a discussion about the electoral college and why it exists, so...meh, we'll wait and see. It seems, though, more of a strategy to get independents and libertarians on their side in the coming election more than anything.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

My congressman, Thomas Massie, would be a good addition to such a group.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

My congressman, Thomas Massie, would be a good addition to such a group.

Yep it does seem that way!

Sounds decent enough from what google has to offer on his past.

The glaring problem with the double con is that people like him are in tha minority.

edit on 13-8-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Yes, they are.

He's one of the rare guys who walks the walk and talks the talk.

Even though nothing came of it because there's always some other fabricated crisis in government, he had his policy advisor call me personally to discuss ideas about removing the federal ban on firearms in vehicles and parking lots for federal employees (of which I'm one). My whole argument was that it basically relegates me to being able to practice my 2A rights on evening and weekends.

I think that I need to follow up on that issue. The call back stemmed from a comment on Facebook to him, on which he's very active and open.

edit on 13-8-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Lol you gotta love those “nah uh” counterpoints lol

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

BWAHAHAHA

So what was the last law passed by young black thugs in the streets???

What was the last young black thug in the street who paid off a congressman or senator??

What was the last young black thug in the streets who made millions off of tax payer dollars???

What about the same questions for Muslims, gays , or whatever group the right is race baiting this week??

They point to the groups with zero power or authority specifically to distract you as they rape and pillage the economy..

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

A) Congress has been dominated by republicans for the last decade.. all fighting to call themselves the most conservative..

B) term limits are irrelevant...

If you ever actually had a great politician why would you want him to leave???

You wouldn’t!

I suspect the term limit stuff is both a deflection and a cheaper option for the big donors..

As I said earlier I’m sure it is cheaper to buy a Jr. senator than to buy a veteran one.

It makes me wonder if this isn’t a play to make the big donors Bribe expenditures go down.

C) the problem is root and stem “money in politics” and they will throw whatever shiny thing they can find at the voters to distract from that.

edit on 13-8-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join