It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHORT STORY WRITERS CONTEST for Aug 2018 - THE CRIMINAL'S DEFENSE [TCD2018]

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
This is an ATS Short Story Writers Contest!

It is a place where ATS members can get creative, showcasing their talent for writing short stories.
It is also a great place to find lots of amazing and original stories to read!
Experienced writers are welcome to participate, as are novices and beginners alike.
There are prizes to be won in the form of ATS "Applause" and the opportunity for entrants to acquire official ATS "writer" status!
But it is more about sharing our creative ideas, encouraging & developing new talent and having Fun!

We usually hold around one contest per month.

This month's theme has been chosen by our current runner-up SprocketUK (probably with a little nudge from suggestions by AugustusMasonicus!!!) as we didn’t manage to get hold of our current winner camain in time for this one.

The Theme is as follows:

“THE CRIMINALS DEFENSE”

A variation on “The Thief’s Defense” – You are tasked with writing a short story which looks at a criminal act (a robbery, bombing, murder etc) from the perpetrator’s perspective...
WHY did they commit the criminal act in the first place? HOW are their actions justifiable?

Post your story in its own thread within the SHORT STORY Forum HERE Then place a link (to your story thread) here in the contest thread to enter.

Video submissions are not acceptable this time around (Unless solely to provide "mood" music/sound effects).
Photos and Music ARE allowed within the entry, so long as the main story itself is "written".

Rules Of Entry:

The contest will run from NOW to Thurs 30th August 2018.
(Any submissions after that date will be disqualified.)

A period of ONE WEEK after the closing of the contest will be provided for voting.

All T&C's Apply.

All entries MUST include [TCD2018] in the title.

All entries must be linked in this thread, and
please include your ATS writer status [writer] or [non-writer] in your submission post within this thread as it makes it easier to determine which group to place the entry in.

There is no minimum or maximum character count, and the entry can be submitted over one or more posts, but please bear in mind that it is a SHORT STORY contest!

Also,
please END your submission with "THE END" so that everyone is clear that your entry is complete.

1 Single Story Submission is allowed Per Member.

There will be 3 winners among members who already have ATS "Writer" status, prizes as follows:

1st Place -- 5 Applause, and selection of the next contest theme (limited to one in a row)
2nd Place -- 3 Applause
3rd Place -- 1 Applause

There will also be 3 winners from the non-writer category who will receive the following:

1st Place -- 3 Applause & Writer Status
2nd Place -- 2 Applause & Writer Status
3rd Place -- 1 Applause

Scoring

Points are awarded by ATS members giving FLAGS to their favourite story threads and STARS to their favourite story posts.
(You can award a Flag and/or star(s) to any stories that you like, but please don't give flags or stars for any other reasons.)

Flags awarded will be worth 2 points each.
Stars will be worth 1 point each.
*Stars for subsequent posts (i.e. additions to the story after the initial story post) will be worth 0.5 points.

If the winner of the "Writers" section is the same person who chose the current theme, then the opportunity to choose the next theme will fall to the runner up.

Any questions about the Theme itself should be directed to SprocketUK, and I am happy to answer anything else about the contests/rules etc.

As always... GOOD LUCK and HAVE FUN!
G

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

I like the theme.

I was thinking of doing one about DB but there's really no believable story I can concoct that could exonerate him.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I like that you have a decent writing forum and kind of wrote something for all you kind people.

my contest entry

Thanks all!

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I would enjoy trying this, but......I got no writer status, whatever that is, on ATS, what would I do?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I would enjoy trying this, but......I got no writer status, whatever that is, on ATS, what would I do?

After you make your submission as described above from Gordi, when you come in here to link your story, put 'non writer'. You will then be entered in the contest. The explanation is in Gordi's post above. Good luck!

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I got an idea already - the perfect yarn for the topic. I'm going to go start knitting.

Can't wait for the stories to come rolling in.

Happy writing everybody!

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Through a Meme Dankly

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Status; Writer

edit on 11-8-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Put the contest name in the title Cowboy.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Yes Gordi, thought I would surprise you with an entry.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11-8-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Put the contest name in the title Cowboy.

Got it.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Put your writers status in your reply above.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Put your writers status in your reply above.

Yes ma'am.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Good boy!

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Well......thanks!

Sounds like fun!

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

It is. Get writing!

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
who ever suggested this time's theme:: well done !

my brain is running hot trying to get an entry together. so many good ones so far.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Gordi, I forgot to put 'The End' at the end of my story, but it was self evident. LOL

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
My entry, "Atonement" - writer.

Thank you for reading and good luck to all who enter.

Atonement

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I hope it sparks some (good) conversation.

Non-Writer

What I Do Best

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join