It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US judge halts deportation, threatens Sessions with contempt

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
You run a hotel or construction business by chance??? Just a question.

a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Nope. I just happen to have this thing called compassion.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
You made a poor point. You said the boston massacre was the reason due process came to be in us law and thats not true.
And you are being emotive. The law is not emotive. Illegals have certain right yes...but they undermine the rule of law by coming here with the intention of breaking the law. Otherwise they could seek asylum in the closest US embassy.

I get you have a bleeding heart for these people. I aint cold....i feel bad too.. But i have paid a lot of money to get my wifes visa.....and now mine.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Murderers undermine the rule of law when they commit murder, they are still entitled to due process and their rights to a fair trial. Your point is dumb.

I get you have a bleeding heart for these people. I aint cold....i feel bad too.. But i have paid a lot of money to get my wifes visa.....and now mine.

Lol. When you start stuff like this off with the bolded text it doesn't come off as sincere at all. Though regardless of my emotions on the matter, you are literally trying to ignore the Constitution to kick these people out of the country.
edit on 10-8-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I believe the judge cannot order them back or order them let into the country. Thats above his head.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

originally posted by: Grimpachi
If our country does not abide by the laws we set then we should have no expectation that others will.

That's exactly what has happened. Illegal immigrants think they've been given free reign in this country. Until we enforce the laws on deporting illegal immigrants, they're not going to take us seriously on what they absolutely need to do in order to come here.

So you admit that our own nation doesn't abide by the laws so we shouldn't expect immigrants to.

Personally, I am fine with deportation, but I am not fine with my country breaking the law to do so. They had a day in court set and legally we couldn't deport them until they had that day, but this administration tried to deny it to them and by doing so it was breaking our own laws.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

So you admit that our own nation doesn't abide by the laws so we shouldn't expect immigrants to.

What I'll admit to is that when illegal immigrants break our laws, they shouldn't expect our laws to protect them.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

What I'll admit to is that when illegal immigrants break our laws, they shouldn't expect our laws to protect them.

They shouldn't expect our laws to protect them, but we should be requiring our laws to protect them.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

First sessions is not responsible for deportations . That is handled by immigration and customs enforcement or i.c.e. as its called and that falls under homeland security. Second these individuals were deported for entering country illegally yes the aclu might have filed a lawsuit for them but that does not stop deportations. Lots of people have had this happen if they need them to testify they can bring them back on a temporary visa like so many before have done. This moronic judge knows this but is just trying to make a headline.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

They shouldn't expect our laws to protect them, but we should be requiring our laws to protect them.

It's that exact thinking that encourages illegal immigration in the first place. You know that's why they all come here. Hoping to beat the odds that we will uphold the law and send them back home. This shouldn't be a grey area up for interpretation by whoever you happen to stand in front of, but a clear message to those who are breaking our laws or planning on breaking our laws.

edit on 10-8-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

So? Immigrants have been trying to grasp the American Dream for over 200 years now.

This shouldn't be a grey area up for interpretation by whoever you happen to stand in front of, but a clear message to those who are breaking our laws or planning on breaking our laws.

There isn't a grey area. The Constitution is clear on the matter that everyone is entitled to Due Process.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
How do you know due process wasnt followed. Nobody here knows her status and if you would have read Clintons 96 immigration reform act you would have seen that suing the government to further litigate their case is extremely restricted. Wipe those puppy dog tears away and read the bill. I have empathy.....for their situation at home. Not so much when they come here with the express intent to enter illegally.

I notice you skirt my question as to why these people dont apply for asylum at the embassy???

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I think being deported while your lawyers are still arguing your case for you is a pretty clear violation of due process.

I notice you skirt my question as to why these people dont apply for asylum at the embassy???

I didn't notice it until now. As for why they don't apply at an embassy, it's probably because they dno't know that is an option. Too often we expect these illegals to be well versed in our own civics, but that doesn't make sense since these people didn't live here before and may be coming from an area of poor education on top of that. Hell many to most native born Americans probably couldn't tell you proper immigration rules into the country. Most people who immigrate legally need a lawyer to navigate the red tape.

So what's easier if you are fleeing persecution? Just flee to the closest border you can find representing the US or take the time to research US law and then make travel arrangements to appear at the embassy and declare asylum? It's not really a hard choice if you think about it honestly.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

So? Immigrants have been trying to grasp the American Dream for over 200 years now.

There isn't a grey area. The Constitution is clear on the matter that everyone is entitled to Due Process.

The keyword in your first sentence is legal immigrant, not illegal immigrant.

The grey area lies in the fact that the President and his administration gets to choose who is deported and who is not, no matter how much you dislike it.

I certainly disliked it when Obama not only encouraged illegal immigration, but then broke our laws by giving them work permits through DACA and DAPA. At least DAPA got shot down based on the fact that it was recognized by a federal court to be unconstitutional and illegal.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
There you go again....insulting immigrants with illegals. Stop conflating the 2 please.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

The keyword in your first sentence is legal immigrant, not illegal immigrant.

Meh. That distinction is just a matter of a pen mark. Immigrants and their motivations for immigrating here are the same regardless if they do it the way we want them to or not.

The grey area lies in the fact that the President and his administration gets to choose who is deported and who is not, no matter how much you dislike it.

The President and his administration still has to obey the Constitution. Even if you dislike it.

I certainly disliked it when Obama not only encouraged illegal immigration, but then broke our laws by giving them work permits through DACA and DAPA. At least DAPA got shot down based on the fact that it was recognized by a federal court to be unconstitutional and illegal.

Well Trump's policy is causing an international humanitarian crisis.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
There you go again....insulting immigrants with illegals. Stop conflating the 2 please.

Immigrants are immigrants regardless of some arbitrary distinction of being illegal or not. As I told you, no matter what you want to call them, they are entitled to Due Process as per the Constitution.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
OMG!!!! How is a legal term freakin arbitrary!!!!!! Why dont you sponsor a family then? Put forth a good example for us all to follow?
And did you not read Clintons law? This illegal got booted....legally

Course not but those alligator tears are a flowin!!!!! Lmao.

edit on 10-8-2018 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Then laws are meaningless and the constitution becomes meaningless then our country becomes meaningless.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
OMG!!!! How is a legal term freakin arbitrary!!!!!!

All legal terms are arbitrary. There is no objective legal truth. Humans define our legal systems and change them as we see fit. So any legal classification is arbitrary.

Why dont you sponsor a family then? Put forth a good example for us all to follow?

It is a false equivalency that I have to sponsor a family in order to support less extreme immigration laws, so this point is ridiculous.

And did you not read Clintons law? This illegal got booted....legally

Did you read the OP? The family was deported while the ACLU was still arguing their case.

Course not but those alligator tears are a flowin!!!!! Lmao.

You clearly don't even know what this expression means as you are misusing it.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join