It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US judge halts deportation, threatens Sessions with contempt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

A federal judge on Thursday halted a deportation in progress and threatened to hold Attorney General Jeff Sessions in contempt if the mother and daughter weren’t returned to the U.S.

U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan of Washington learned in court that the two plaintiffs in a lawsuit before him were being removed from the United States and confirmed later that they were on a plane headed to Central America. He said any delay in bringing them back would be intolerable.

It would appear that the woman and her daughter filed a lawsuit against the administration, through ACLU, but it would appear they were sent away before they could make an appearance in court. The Judge has threatened not only the Hobgoblin with contempt, but also HS Secretary Nielsen and other HS officials if they did not return the plaintiffs to court where they sought justice.

“This is pretty outrageous,” Sullivan said in court, according to The Washington Post. “That someone seeking justice in U.S. court is spirited away while her attorneys are arguing for justice for her?”

“I’m not happy about this at all,” the judge said, according to the Post. “This is not acceptable.”

Associated Press

More lawmakers and law enforcers in our admin subverting the law, as has become the norm. Are we getting conditioned to simply accept corruption and illegal activities as normal from now on?

Nothing-burger? Everything is a-OK and the economy is booming? But... Hillary? Did I cover the main ones?

Can we now talk about the corruption in the DoJ and HS and the White House and the obvious agenda to remove as many people as possible, even if it goes against our own laws? Our law matters when we want it to and doesn't when it clashes with agendas?

Can we get these swamp creatures out already, please?

+42 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The illegals are criminals. That’s the law

Leftist judges who hold politics above the law need to be replaced

Common trump, say the words...’You’re fired’

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Wait... What laws specifically can you link the statues and tell us who they apply to?

Or are you just using rhetoric?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
The illegals are criminals. That’s the law

Leftist judges who hold politics above the law need to be replaced

Common trump, say the words...’You’re fired’

Appointed by Ronald Reagan, and then by H.W Bush and then finally in place by Chief Justice Roberts -- all conservatives.

You do zero research before you speak, don't you?

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Wait... What laws specifically can you link the statues and tell us who they apply to?

Or are you just using rhetoric?

I'm sorry, what in the world are you talking about? Is there something in the article you disagree with? What laws are you referring to?

If you think there is something wrong with their case or know something we don't please post it here and we can dissect it.

Otherwise, the topic is the plaintiffs filing a lawsuit, being whisked off out of the country before they have a day in court and the judge being furious over such blatant disregard for justice. Care to comment on that?

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well, I'll tell you what. If a million broke homeless people from the US decided they wanted to live in one of the European liberal paradise countries and simply walked in and said "Here we are now give us full citizenship right now and deal with it!" how would that go?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Can we now talk about the corruption in the DoJ and HS and the White House and the obvious agenda to remove as many people as possible, even if it goes against our own laws? Our law matters when we want it to and doesn't when it clashes with agendas? 

Why are you asking me what laws?

And what right do illegals have to sue our government? Get the he'll out if you dont like the way we run things. You can do that or become a citizen and work to change the laws the right way like the rest of us have to.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

In a way I can understand the judge's point of view. On a practical level, how is he planning to enforce it? Arrest Jeff Sessions? Sessions controls the Justice Dept and all of federal law enforcement.

Can Trump pardon a contempt charge?

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Its complete bull#. Illegals sueing our gover ment.

Get the hell out of here.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Is U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan of Washington a Democrat?

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

What makes you think this woman and her child are illegal. All the article says is that they're asylum seekers from El Salvador.

They were denied an asylum hearing based on Session's new rule eliminating domestic violence and gang violence victims from seeking asylum. The ACLU, with this woman as their client, is suing the DOJ because of that (arbitrary) rule change, which goes against our international refugee treaties and federal law that incorporated refugee/asylum procedure.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Why are you asking me what laws?

And what right do illegals have to sue our government? Get the he'll out if you dont like the way we run things. You can do that or become a citizen and work to change the laws the right way like the rest of us have to.

Oh so you really don't know, my bad, I'll answer your question.

The Constitution of the United States, that law is one of the main ones they are breaking. But that should come as no surprise. You see, the Constitution applies to all humans that are in our territory. The Constitution makes it pretty clear when it writes that it applies to all "persons" or "people" and not just "citizens". That means that any person on our land has the rights and privileges that the Constitution grants. This has been upheld by the Supreme Court and is axiomatic in the law.

The Fifth Amendment then says that "no person shall be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law." This means that if someone seeks justice in our court of law and files a lawsuit in our courts, they are Constitutionally protected.

Hope that helps. Next time, please let me know if you're really looking for information, your tone is very confrontational -- I thought you were just trolling. Anyone genuinely looking for information, I have no problem helping.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

toys, be nice to people or go outside and cool off and go water the flowers. But if you want to comment and be taken seriously, be nice.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

So laws be damned , spoken like a true authoritarian, you don't get to pick and choose which laws are followed based on your feelings....

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

What makes you think this woman and her child are illegal. All the article says is that they're asylum seekers from El Salvador.

They were denied an asylum hearing based on Session's new rule eliminating domestic violence and gang violence victims from seeking asylum. The ACLU, with this woman as their client, is suing the DOJ because of that (arbitrary) rule change, which goes against our international refugee treaties and federal law that incorporated refugee/asylum procedure.

Why not seek asylum in a country near by, why come all the to the US. We all know why, they want free handouts from US that's why.

Let's take a page out of Mexico book, send the illegals up to Canada border.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Does holding someone in "contempt" mean anything in this country? Obama's AG, Eric Holder, was held in contempt. He went back to work the next day and never gave it another thought.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I think he raises a good point. Why are illegals attempting to sue the government? How is that even a thing??

I smell something rotten here. The judge was appointed by Regan? All that proves is the judge is old.

Good luck tho charging Sessions with "contempt". Lmao, sounds like another crazy judge.
edit on 9-8-2018 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

In a way I can understand the judge's point of view. On a practical level, how is he planning to enforce it? Arrest Jeff Sessions? Sessions controls the Justice Dept and all of federal law enforcement.

Can Trump pardon a contempt charge?

It won't come to it, the article says that they are being returned, but it took threats of contempt to get the government to comply. This is happening in multiple States now and federal judges, most of them Republican, have had to uphold the law when the government tries to go around it. Deportations, separations, forced medications etc...

It is beyond disturbing that so many judges have had to get involved so far.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So laws be damned , spoken like a true authoritarian, you don't get to pick and choose which laws are followed based on your feelings....

Just like lefties don't get to pick and choose who to impeach based on feelings.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

What makes you think this woman and her child are illegal.

The fact that they aren't U.S. citizens. Unless you are arguing that they aren't from central America, and are indeed legal U.S. citizens.

They don't like the immigration laws in the U.S. and want them changed. Which makes this a non-story. The judge is playing sjw politics. That's what this looks like to me.

On a side note, I wonder if I waltzed into Mexico seeking asylum, if they would allow me to sue their government because I dislike their policies? Would a Mexican sjw judge help me? You think they'd give me a day in court?? Think I could win?!

Anyway.....you virtue signalling lefties have gone waaaay off the rails.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join