It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

InfoWars Banned from Facebook and iTunes

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Facebook have just created a martyr - bad move on their part.

Well, as people have the attention span of a gnat, he'll be a martyr for three seconds and then be forgotten. TBH people like Alex Jones deserve to be forgotten outside of a comedy club.

Actually never watched this Alex J or looked at Infowars but this has made me curious to check out his website. I wonder how many others will feel the same.

AJ is actually quite entertaing. Especially when he gets on his Gay Frogs rant. But not so much when he insults parents of kids killed at Sandy HookES.

Insulting parents of murdered children will get you banned from almost any www. site. not 4chan though....
edit on 6-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Used to make that much, but now Nick at Night reruns are beating CNN in ad revenue. Google it.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

By my count you are the third person in the thread who just compared Apple exercising its right to do business with who it wants to Nazis stealing people off the streets and sending them to death camps. That Godwin violation makes your entire point moot.

link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: celery
one other quick idea --

aren't they trying to take down Russiabots, too? Alex is no different than Russia at this point. Both are poisoning the water we all have to float in, else drown.

Who appointed you God and censor of the world? All viewpoints should be available for people to assess.

They are, except when companies have the right to decide what carries the values of the companies and what doesnt.

Then they can tell you to go get bent.

Just like our posts that were removed just now.

Youtube, apple, etc are not a god given RIGHT, they are a PRIVILEGE , and you join them under THEIR TERMS OF SERVICE. If you violate those terms, you are removed.

Free Market.

But we, as individuals here, are not companies. Would you be okay if you were censored as a company by some random moral board of revue?n How can you still be unaware that this IS NOT a FREE MARKET, but a censored market!!??

He was using Youtube and the other companies to spread his money.

They made money off Jones too through ad revenue.

They decided it wasnt worth it to have him as a liability, thats their Right.

If my company is working with another advertising company and they decide the type of advertising i want to do violates their code of conduct, they have every right to sever that business relationship.

You can try and hatchet this any way you want, there is no situation where they arent completely legal and fully within their rights to do what they did.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Honestly they probably just made him stronger by giving him this publicity, but I don't really have a problem with this. I agree with people of all political positions being able to voice their opinions but there has to be some line somewhere when it comes to a private company's website. I think Jones has been pushing that line for a long long time. I think when it comes to the point where you are endangering others with your garbage news, thats where you have to draw that line. I've heard numerous accounts of people recieving death threats after being the subject of Alex Jones stories. Similar to the Sandy Hook parents who have now taken him to court. That crosses a line to me.

Now I dont think they should (nor do I think they will) ban someone from sharing his links and content if they choose to. There are still gonna be lots of pages covering him and sharing his content on each platform.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Actually never watched this Alex J or looked at Infowars but this has made me curious to check out his website. I wonder how many others will feel the same.

You are not alone. People in my locality also hadn't heard of him until previously related retail outlet incident occurred and I explained to them (being part of the staff) about him and Infowars. They were utterly unaware, and took the info back to HQ to offer up to management.

I am surprised how few people know who he is around here, but that's a GOOD thing, until Mister Billboard walks into your store with a banner and a pin-clad baby with him.....making orations without shame....in a public place.....

*gasp* do you think George Soros is paying him?!!??

No.
He's just a gullible listener making an ass of himself in public.
And yes, we can tell him not to come back if we want to. He wouldn't be the first banned customer.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: trb71
Honestly they probably just made him stronger by giving him this publicity, but I don't really have a problem with this. I agree with people of all political positions being able to voice their opinions but there has to be some line somewhere when it comes to a private company's website. I think Jones has been pushing that line for a long long time. I think when it comes to the point where you are endangering others with your garbage news, thats where you have to draw that line. I've heard numerous accounts of people recieving death threats after being the subject of Alex Jones stories. Similar to the Sandy Hook parents who have now taken him to court. That crosses a line to me.

Now I dont think they should (nor do I think they will) ban someone from sharing his links and content if they choose to. There are still gonna be lots of pages covering him and sharing his content on each platform.
That is exactly what will happen.....because this violates massive amounts of free speech..

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Used to make that much, but now Nick at Night reruns are beating CNN in ad revenue. Google it.

This was just last year, their earnings in just Q1 this year was already almost 26 million. and that was just their top 15 brands

Of these Top 15 brands by network, Fox News came out on top in Q1 with $30.83 million; CNN was next with $25.86 million; and MSNBC followed with $14.21 million.

So......but hey screw facts, much like the fault and hole filled logic you guys are using to screech about these companies dropping AJ
edit on 6-8-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

By my count you are the third person in the thread who just compared Apple exercising its right to do business with who it wants to Nazis stealing people off the streets and sending them to death camps. That Godwin violation makes your entire point moot.

Wow, did I?

No.

I used the Neimoller quote because it's appropriate to what they're trying, not because they're Nazis, but because of the strategy. You start your censorship by getting your nose in the door with one example at the extreme that very few are going to want to defend.

I mean, really, who wants to defend Alex Jones? Dude is a nut.

But if we don't and they succeed, then they move on down the food chain until they get to even you, Krazy Dear.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Where do you get all your bs from?.
Infowars?.

link   
CNN still thinks we live back in the 50s and 60s and 70s and 80s ect.........

link   

There's no "First they..." about it, people have had this freedom of choosing what to allow within the realm of their business online or off for a very long time. You're free to start your own social media and entertainment venue platforms, knock yourself out. With all the snowflake crybabying floating about, there's obviously a need for a new safe place out there, so go for it. Make your own rules and kick out whomever you choose, whenever you choose for not adhering to the rules & ethics you put forth.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: trb71

I think Jones has been pushing that line for a long long time. I think when it comes to the point where you are endangering others with your garbage news, thats where you have to draw that line. I've heard numerous accounts of people recieving death threats after being the subject of Alex Jones stories. Similar to the Sandy Hook parents who have now taken him to court. That crosses a line to me.

Right. Because then you become complicit when his followers become a murderous mob.

That's the line. He is a danger to others (notwithstanding himself), and is a negative force in this country.
In my opinion.

what is that one saying: when good men do nothing .. ?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It's interesting to see all the Alex Jones hate. Personally I love Alex Jones. He provides a lot of information that the controlled main stream media deliberately ignores. Apparently, however, most people here prefer that their news be sanitized by the oligarchs who own our media.

Julia Assange published an interesting little bit of information about the affiliations of top officers of the board of directors and controllers of all of our media giants. Every single one of them were regular attendees of 3 organizations and sometimes more than 3, namely the Bilderbergers, the Trilateral commission and the Council on Foreign Relations.

Given that and the information that came out of media whistleblowers like Amber Lyon, we can be certain that our media is paid to kill stories and have embedded intelligence operatives controlling and filtering content. This doesn't even touch things like operation Mockingbird or Cointelpro. So the Alex Jones communist censorship move is very troubling.

If I were Trump I would threaten to break up all three big tech. giants on anti-trust violations.
edit on 6-8-2018 by SevenThunders because: Paragraph added

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Wow, did I?

No.

I used the Neimoller quote because it's appropriate to what they're trying, not because they're Nazis, but because of the strategy. You start your censorship by getting your nose in the door with one example at the extreme that very few are going to want to defend.

That poem is specifically about being silent and not speaking out as Nazis send different groups of people off to death camps. Your analogy was terrible as this isn't even CLOSE to that situation. Plus it is a Godwin's Law violation because you just casually compared a situation you don't approve of to being akin to Nazis.

I mean, really, who wants to defend Alex Jones? Dude is a nut.

He can defend himself on his own website just fine.

But if we don't and they succeed, then they move on down the food chain until they get to even you, Krazy Dear.

Who is "they"? Apple and Facebook? I already don't use Apple products and barely use Facebook. So I really don't care what either of those companies do regarding myself.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

This was just last year, their earnings in just Q1 this year was already almost 26 million. and that was just their top 15 brands

Of these Top 15 brands by network, Fox News came out on top in Q1 with $30.83 million; CNN was next with $25.86 million; and MSNBC followed with $14.21 million.

So......but hey screw facts, much like the fault and hole filled logic you guys are using to screech about these companies dropping AJ

...Sooo

CNN's Ratings Collapse As Primetime Shows Draw Less Viewers Than Re-Runs Of "Yogi Bear"

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

...Sooo

CNN's Ratings Collapse As Primetime Shows Draw Less Viewers Than Re-Runs Of "Yogi Bear"

That link is from 2017-07-06. This link is from 2018-07-03:
CNN Has Third-Best 2Q in 23 Years
edit on 6-8-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
CNN is still doing more poorly than Yogi Bear reruns.
edit on 6-8-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Actually MSM should be added as the 4rth branch of the U.S. government......How crazy their power has become..

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

yeah, they call it "the fourth estate." It's a thing.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join