It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

InfoWars Banned from Facebook and iTunes

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
I suppose stupid people have the right to tell stupid lies, and other stupid people have the right to listen to and believe those lies.

We have/are becoming a nation of lies. We shouldn't enable the liars, nor should we reward them monetarily. Jones can continue to tell all the outrageous lies he chooses, although it is the antithesis of a noble life. He just can't do it on these platforms.

I'm think I'm okay with that.

Who is we in your statement? People choose to watch what THEY choose and fits in with their version of truth not for anyone else to decide.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Here is the thing that should be considered. If those companies were involved at a point where they were making and getting legislation passed, or where both companies were controlled and run by the government, such as PBS, then I would say you are correct, it is censorship.

But this is not the case, those companies have no bearing on legislation, and the government is not running or in control over them. So this is simply a private company following along with its policies.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
A very sad day indeed when you're not allowed to have an opinion.
This is only the beginning and it will get worse.Say good-bye to free
speech and you will end up having no freedoms at all.

Who isn't allowed to have an opinion? Last I checked Alex Jones still has an opinion and still has an outlet to express it on.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
It is not about InfoWars. It is about the action that took place. Do NONE of you defending YouTube see the issue?

Corporations deciding what is right...and wrong...for other to do and produce. This is not simply banning some videos. It is about deciding if what a person is doing is wrong.

Alex Jones is not hurting anyone with his videos.
Alex Jones is not promoting hate.

Yet, the 3 largest social/online media/tech organizations have banned him.

I can access Youtube right now and it is amazing all of the HATE I can find. Sane with Facebook.

A precedent and a slippery slope for sure...

Eventually, this could happen to anyone talking bible or any other subject. perfect control mechanism to information. This looks like an agenda 21 move just played and won.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I do not like this in the slightest. I remember finding Alex Jones years ago and while I watched him for entertainment and to know what the current news was, I never fully believed everything he said. That would go for any news source I do not ever believe what is said just because it is said.

What I do not like about this is that these Internet giants are collaborating to remove someones existence all together. Putting out terms of use for the public to use their services then assassinating people behind the scenes that they personally want to get rid of. It is tyranny at its finest.

edit on 6-8-2018 by Pimpintology because: cleaning up

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Looking over some facebook posts and seeing the liberals dance with glee. Im not a big fan of Alex J. a good bit of what he said was nutty.

However its kinda scary when ya have people asking when is Rush Limbaugh or Fox news gonna be next in the comments I read. Some wanna silence all opposition. And matafuchs you are right plenty of hateful stuff on both platforms right now.

Crazy.

edit on 6-8-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
a reply to: Krazysh0t

InfoWars Banned from Facebook and iTunes is about corporate colonialism.
I'm on topic your not... your derailing the thread with accusations.

heard also banned from YouTube.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The left is not only going after content platforms but after financing means.

They are threatening free speech.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xenogears

They are threatening free speech.

They are also threatening conspiracy theorists.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

When will people understand that freedom of speech is only freedom from government censorship. All other kinds of censorship are perfectly legal and fall under the auspices of the freedom of Apple, FB, Spotify, etc.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

But, for how long? When only 1 side has "rights" to their opinion or "truths", as they
believe, and force their "truths" onto others,silencing those with an opposing view...
We have a HUGE problem.
edit on 6-8-2018 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: HunkaHunka

When will people understand that freedom of speech is only freedom from government censorship. All other kinds of censorship are perfectly legal and fall under the auspices of the freedom of Apple, FB, Spotify, etc.

Hmmm, and when those companies cease to become the massive near-monopolies they are, maybe this will be far mess of an issue.

But until the government decides to break them up, we're more or less stuck with the massive, near-monolithic platforms we have and they are now into playing gatekeeper as we can see.

One might almost think the government has no interest in breaking up such a convenient means of thought control.
edit on 6-8-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I actually say in the OP that I totally get that its their house their rules.

However they are censoring his ability to create content to be viewed by an audience on their platforms.

Any time ATS "snips" a comment or deletes a thread they are censoring, censorship is not a uniquely government activity.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Nothing wrong with that.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Nothing wrong with that.

Nothing wrong with monopolies?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
For the cruelty he's inflicted on the parents of shooting victims Alex Jones deserves his tongue removed from his mouth.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Nothing wrong with that.

Nothing wrong with monopolies?

Should have thought of that when the lobbyist took over Washington to create the corporate oligarchy.

It's to late to whine about it now. Capitalism run amok.....

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Facebook have just created a martyr - bad move on their part.

Well, as people have the attention span of a gnat, he'll be a martyr for three seconds and then be forgotten. TBH people like Alex Jones deserve to be forgotten outside of a comedy club.

Actually never watched this Alex J or looked at Infowars but this has made me curious to check out his website. I wonder how many others will feel the same.

AJ is actually quite entertaing. Especially when he gets on his Gay Frogs rant. But not so much when he insults parents of kids killed at Sandy HookES.

Insulting parents of murdered children will get you banned from almost any www. site. not 4chan though....

So what if there were something funky about Sandy Hook? No one talking about it helps how in that case? If it does not pan out when people discuss it will fade away right?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Here's the thing, the alternative platforms? They're being demonetized, and in some cases they're even going against the hosting companies for controversial content.

How is it fair when financing institutions, hosting platforms, advertisers all start colluding to determine what is wrongthink and undermine any alternative?

It is not a free market.

There's no taking down ios and android, the mobile space is controlled. If large financing companies like paypal, and stripe start denying financing to conservatives and free speech alternate platforms to patreon, what is there to do?

What else but government intervention.

We cannot let what have essentially become public discussion spaces become private property with a partisan agenda.

They are hunting down and persecuting the alternate platforms and demonetizing them. They are going after the money. That is the leftist way, doxx, harass, violently respond, and attempt to ban someone from employment or from receiving donations or income to try and silence by force.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
They.....are getting desperate now, GOOD!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join