It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

InfoWars Banned from Facebook and iTunes

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
How can you be “on the fence” about censorship?

Only fascists are okay with stifling free speech.

No.

They are promoting "freedom".

Companies have the "freedom" to censor people.

It's government censorship by-proxy because it is ideologically based.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Eh, here we go again, people twisting the freedom of speech from what it is (the government can't tell you to clam your fat mouth) to what they expect it to mean (everyday people can't tell you to clam your fat mouth)

Fakebook and Apple are within their rights and the government didn't violate Jones'. It's a bit of a "Nothingburger", as so many as so fond of saying. Don't like it? Then someone should start their own platform and make their own rules. It's real easy to complain about something, but blazing your own digital trail apparently is unappealing.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

originally posted by: celery
one other quick idea --

aren't they trying to take down Russiabots, too? Alex is no different than Russia at this point. Both are poisoning the water we all have to float in, else drown.

Who appointed you God and censor of the world? All viewpoints should be available for people to assess.

They are, except when companies have the right to decide what carries the values of the companies and what doesnt.

Then they can tell you to go get bent.

Just like our posts that were removed just now.

Youtube, apple, etc are not a god given RIGHT, they are a PRIVILEGE , and you join them under THEIR TERMS OF SERVICE. If you violate those terms, you are removed.

Free Market.
edit on 6-8-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
How can you be “on the fence” about censorship?

Only fascists are okay with stifling free speech.

That IS the bigger picture. Invariably these discussions are about legalities, but when it boils down to it a few people decided that another person was not allowed to speak on their platform... and what is being missed in this is that the very people who have been complaining about attacks on media and news outlets have been campaigning for this ban. I am looking at you CNN.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: JDmOKI

Stretching things there aren't you? It's not like you can't get to infowars' website or anything? Heck, Google doesn't even bury infowars in the search terms. If you search for it is the first result you get. You are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill here. Apple is just doing what they think is best for their company.

How would Timmey Cook like it if people censored him/Apple because he was gay! Some states still have it on their books as illegal, and he promotes gay causes. Oh, free enterprise should/can do that too.

I'm sure he'd be pissed off, but that is between him and the companies. Homosexuality isn't really a protected class of people yet. So it's not like he'd have government protections.

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

CNN and the NYT don't give him ANY attention until just recently because he's getting all uppity. And trump likes him. So talk about ideological like above? Meh. More like just looking for a modicum of civility.

We don't let madmen make our .=
=
oh
wait

link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: imitator

a reply to: SailorJerry

If you support tech giants that doesn't have American values... that's like flying communist flag, showing your true colors.

Ya 35 years in the military I'm such a commie!!!!!

Also you mean tech giants that use the American system and capitalism to become giants?????

Ya that sure

I swear the logic in this thread is like people have repeatedly been dropped on their heads

Who was that guy in the military that was guilty to joining Al-Qaeda... SAME THING!

Anyway, Anti-free speech is very communist.

Lol did you just accuse me of being a terrorist because I dont agree with your brand of authoritarian power trip?

You think free speech is authoritarian lol.
OMG! maybe the tech giants social engineering is working!!!

Delete Delete Delete Delete
: O

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Saiker
a reply to: Krazysh0t

youtube myspace facebook your twitter its all the same they own free speech and have monopolized freedom of speech

No. They are all different companies. Conflating them as all the same is just laziness on your part.

Yeah, they should have added Google and some others.

link   
...hmm...yeah, you know now that I think about that metaphor - with poisoned water and all ---

are we all Russians now? I was thinking that might be the case the other day. Cyberwarfare is real.

link   

originally posted by: olaru12
AJ is still all over AM spreading his altgoober hate.

infowars.radio.net...

Right, and Alex Jones is kicking CNN's butt in advertising revenue and it's eating them up, so they attack him.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

CNN and the NYT don't give him ANY attention until just recently because he's getting all uppity. And trump likes him. So talk about ideological like above? Meh. More like just looking for a modicum of civility.

We don't let madmen make our .=
=
oh
wait

You are wrong. CNN have been calling for his ban for some time - especially that fat guy, Brian Stelter.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

a reply to: SailorJerry

If you support tech giants that doesn't have American values... that's like flying communist flag, showing your true colors.

Ya 35 years in the military I'm such a commie!!!!!

Also you mean tech giants that use the American system and capitalism to become giants?????

Ya that sure

I swear the logic in this thread is like people have repeatedly been dropped on their heads

Who was that guy in the military that was guilty to joining Al-Qaeda... SAME THING!

Anyway, Anti-free speech is very communist.

Lol did you just accuse me of being a terrorist because I dont agree with your brand of authoritarian power trip?

You think free speech is authoritarian lol.
OMG! maybe the tech giants social engineering is working!!!

Delete Delete Delete Delete
: O

Im sorry what?

Please copy and paste where I said that, ill hold my breath.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

infowars.radio.net...

Right, and Alex Jones is kicking CNN's butt in advertising revenue and it's eating them up, so they attack him.

Prove it...could we see some stats?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I just switched on his radio show - it was pretty easy to find on Tune In so he's not shut off completely.
Quite amusing at the moment though, he's not happy... going on about hell at the moment

EDIT ..ok that's enough...he's now saying he was asked to submit to evil and because he refused, he's being attacked. Time to switch off.

Yeah, when you meet an Alex Jones fan in real life you just kinda try to sneak away before anyone sees you talking to them.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

one other quick idea --

aren't they trying to take down Russiabots, too? Alex is no different than Russia at this point. Both are poisoning the water we all have to float in, else drown.

Who appointed you God and censor of the world? All viewpoints should be available for people to assess.

They are, except when companies have the right to decide what carries the values of the companies and what doesnt.

Then they can tell you to go get bent.

Just like our posts that were removed just now.

Youtube, apple, etc are not a god given RIGHT, they are a PRIVILEGE , and you join them under THEIR TERMS OF SERVICE. If you violate those terms, you are removed.

Free Market.

But we, as individuals here, are not companies. Would you be okay if you were censored as a company by some random moral board of revue?n How can you still be unaware that this IS NOT a FREE MARKET, but a censored market!!??
edit on 6-8-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

You are wrong. CNN have been calling for his ban for some time - especially that fat guy, Brian Stelter.

huh! Really? I look at CNN news every morning online, just to read the headlines. I never see Alex Jones on there until recently. I don't watch their videos or their channel, though - so maybe my digital profile doesn't show me the stuff I ignore. I get ads for paint colors and camping backpacks and life insurance. And some furniture sometimes.

I did notice though, that the other day I was looking at TheHill (the first time in over a year), and the ads were about dissing the local Dem candidates in the senate races coming up. Horrible attack ads aimed at the church ladies and machinists? I don't know, but I was offended. I thought TheHill was sort of neutral, but no, they're advertising hard right

FWIW, I won't go back there.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: testingtesting
When I 1st started on ATS Jones was a joke by both left and right what happened?.

Even idiots have a right to free expression.

A particular very prolific, wordy member would have argued that, too, but they're no longer a member here to argue that point. Break the rules, say buh-bye. MANY members find that out the hard way. You have the right to free expression without fearing the government's going to silence you for the trouble. However, private sites & businesses give you the courtesy of rules to follow, and can yank your privilege of posting if you break them.

Idiots are free to do whatever they want, including forgetting the above and doing whatever they want anyway. Crying about it is a moot point, it's like having a s#fit & calling mom & dad repressive anti-freedom goons for getting grounded for breaking parent-instituted rule as at teenager.
edit on 8/6/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Facebook have just created a martyr - bad move on their part.

Well, as people have the attention span of a gnat, he'll be a martyr for three seconds and then be forgotten. TBH people like Alex Jones deserve to be forgotten outside of a comedy club.

Actually never watched this Alex J or looked at Infowars but this has made me curious to check out his website. I wonder how many others will feel the same.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

infowars.radio.net...

More false BS

CNN makes about 2 billion a year in ad revenue, AJ isnt anywhere close

As much as i loathe CNN, trust me they arent worried about Jones.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

First they came for people like Alex Jones, and I didn't care because I wasn't crazy.

Then they came for people like Limbaugh, and I didn't care because I wasn't running a political channel.

Then they came for me, becauseeven though my channel and work is apolitical in nature, it has been documented in other places that my POV is considered hateful.

And there was no one left to defend me because anyone who might have has already been silenced.

This sort of thing is already taking place in pop-culture in the sci-fi and gaming genres and sub-cultures. Authors have been banned outright and blacklisted, not because their actual work or projects are overtly political in any way, but because they're personal views are known to not align with the leftist, SJW dogma. There are even concerted efforts to force publishing houses to drop them or refuse to work with them and they are being barred from conventions.

There was a incident at GenCon not too many days ago where a known YouTube commentator was attending the convention and was in a bar outside. He was openly physically assaulted merely for holding his views and running his channel. The person in question who carried out the assault was allowed back into the convention (GenCon had previously banned people from appearing based on Tweets alone) despite the warrant that was issued, and this person has since fled the state and erased his social media accounts indicating that he knows he's in the wrong.

As much as I dislike Alex Jones, this is where we're headed if we don't stick up for ourselves. They're getting away with silencing people simply for not thinking in "approved" ways now and for no other reason, and they conveniently label it hate to make the censorship and blacklisting palatable in their bald-faced efforts to re-assert control of your thoughts by making sure you don't hear any other POVs than theirs.

Everyone talks about the "Red Scare" and the blacklisting? Well, we're living through another version of it right now and this is how it looks, and it probably looked a lot like this then, too.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join