It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crossing the Swamp

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: worldstarcountry

a reply to: recrisp

I'm no fan of Trump but I love this picture. I wish I can I have the original and hang it on my wall.

I also wish that I had the original, I would sell it! heheh

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The right people would have understood perhaps if you had dropped it into US political madness perhaps? It is political art technically.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
"Draining the swamp" will be the task for the next President, God help him.

eta: Or Her.

edit on 8/5/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Really, this place is so confusing to me, I have no idea how to do much of anything, there's so many rules too.
I've been hanging around since 2008, I rarely post anything, so I don't learn as fast, I guess. (I also can post images 'sometimes', but not all of the time, whatever that means)

You're right, it's political if a person sees it as that, I see it as more funny (clever) than I do political, but that's just me.
If I had placed it in the political forum someone would have come along and said that it needs to be in this forum. heheh
I really didn't want this to turn into a political thread, I mean, we have about a million of those already.

Thank you for being so helpful I really do appreciate that.

edit on 5-8-2018 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Oh yeah, thank you for posting the original image, that was good of you to do.

In case anyone cares, if you'll notice, the original painting has ice chunks, and the Trump painting has alligators, but they are in the same places that the ice chunks were, I thought that was cool.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Dont do American History much, to get 'where thats from', do you?

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I guess not. It went so far over my head, it was probably in low earth orbit. If I understood this was a simple art project instead of a political message, it would have made sense.

I even recognized what it was in reference to, I just didn't get it. I apologize for my ignorance.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I purchased this from Jon Mcnaughton's website, along with two others.

1st) Crossing the swamp
2nd) Expose the truth
3rd) You are not forgotten

Thinking about getting the limited edition, but its 700$ and not an original. Either way, glad to help out my fellow MAGA patriots, and I love his work

edit on 8/5/2018 by JBurns because: Jon Mcnaughton not Joe

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

oh like that one alot.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Me too especially for the symbolic reference of Trump examining Mueller like the frozen cave man

I like this one too: jonmcnaughton.com...

Shows the President crushing the serpent's head

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Melania should have been wearing her "I don't really care, do U" jacket.

hehe

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

No one is saying it's not a clever painting or isn't pertinent
Just asked why it was

Not everyone here is going to know its relevance

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

No one is saying it's not a clever painting or isn't pertinent
Just asked why it was

Not everyone here is going to know its relevance

"Ats is an international site just in case you hadn't noticed
We don't all care for US history or get inside jokes
An explanation isn't a big ask"

Some were saying that it wasn't "funny", hence the "clever" comment.
If the image I had was able to be posted by me it wouldn't have been as misunderstood as it seemed to be.
A picture's worth a thousand words, in other words.
I get that not everybody knows the United States of America's history, a LOT of Americans don't, but if you are from a place that doesn't understand it, then maybe it's not for you.
If it still seems interesting even though I didn't post ALL that I should have, then maybe it could be up to you to investigate.
Like I said already, I don't go to a thread if it is not something I understand, if I do, I investigate, if not, I go on to the next post. That is not the ATS way, I know that now, but still, I wouldn't go on and make a big deal about it.

I definitely do understand the WHY that more information needed to be added, but like I said, I am not a prolific poster, so you will just have to try and understand that since I don't post all day long I am not as good as others here.

"An explanation isn't a big ask", you're correct, but neither is being nice and polite and patient, lack of tact and the general lack of civility when I made an honest mistake.

In my haste to show the image I 'remembered' to post links to the stories that explained it all, I 'assumed' wrongly that the picture that I posted was enough to 'explain' what it was about, and, the links would tell the story.

I was only trying to post something that I assumed that most would get and think it was humorous, or, at the very least, interesting, but that is not the case.

edit on 6-8-2018 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns
Now that one is funny because its all like matter of fact. "Don't mind this snakes head crushed under my foot, lets just enjoy the moment!"

Hes clever. Im going to follow him and see what else he comes up with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join