It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crossing the Swamp

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I didn't see this anywhere, and I am not trying to push anyone's buttons that disagree with this, I just thought it was worth looking at.
Personally i think this is VERY funny, and really imaginative.

Can someone PLEASE upload this for me, it's not allowing me to. Thank you!
cdn6.bigcommerce.com...

Here's the story behind it too.
twitter.com...

Another story on Fox 4 (I hate the ads though)
www.fox4news.com...#/

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

**deleted by member
edit on 5-8-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Facebook not his best fan though...

edit on 8-5-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry
Thank you!

Just so people know, please Right-Click to see the image larger...

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Why is it funny? (I am not a US citizen so recognise only one face in the boat)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Maybe this isn't meant to be funny? I don't really get it either. It is suppose to paint trump in a positive light as I believe the painter is pro trump, but I don't understand the message.

Shouldn't trump be draining the swamp. He is pictured here barely disturbing the swamp, gliding over it with care. Are we to congratulate him for not disturbing the swamp? Letting it remain intact and still as fowl?

Shouldn't he be tossing TNT or grenades in it or something? Maybe sucking the stagnant, life sucking muck away with a sewage/sanitary trunk? Getting his fricken hands dirty a bit. Maybe getting down on his knees and start draining it bucket by bucket.

I don't get it.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It's funny because the U.S. president, George Washington has a painting done of him crossing the Delaware river. This is a very funny, good, and inventive way to show that President Donald Trump is "cleaning out the swamp!".

List of figures from left to right:

Nikki Haley, James Mattis, Ben Carson, President Trump, Jeff Sessions, Mike Pence, Melania Trump, Mike Pompeo, Sarah Sanders, Ivanka Trump, John Bolton, Kellyanne Conway, John Kelly

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
If y'all don't get it, I don't know what to say.
It's all there, read the links, do your history, and then maybe it will make more sense.
Personally, I don't care what side a person's on, it's a beautiful painting that has meaning, and, at the same time, it's funny, at least to those that get it.

Maybe I think it's funny and nobody else sees the humor in it, and, the truth about trying to drain the much talked about, "swamp".

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Ats is an international site just in case you hadn't noticed
We don't all care for US history or get inside jokes
An explanation isn't a big ask

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Indeed, an explanation is usually customary and a good way to present an OP. Ah well...

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I'm no fan of Trump but I love this picture. I wish I can I have the original and hang it on my wall.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Maybe I think it's funny and nobody else sees the humor in it, and, the truth about trying to drain the much talked about, "swamp".

I don't think you can drain a swamp with a row boat.

The reference of "Washington crossing the Delaware" doesn't work aesthetically.
edit on 5-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

a reply to: Raggedyman

From the provided link:

Crossing the Swamp, by Jon McNaughton

Over 240 years ago George Washington suffered through Valley Forge and crossed the Delaware River to bring an astonishing victory to the Continental Army. This led to what many thought was impossible, to defeat a despot King and his formidable army.

Today, Trump endeavors to cross the “swamp” of Washington DC as he carries the light of truth, hope, and prosperity. The murky water of the deep state is laced with dangerous vermin, perfectly willing to destroy American prosperity for their personal ideologies and financial gain. The establishment Democrats, Never-Trumper-Republicans, Deep State, and Fake News Media will do all they can to stop the majority of the American people from succeeding.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

Jon is a marketing genius. This painting as a glecie or offset will sell biggggglllllyyyy. Brilliant!! He knows his market!!
edit on 5-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Honestly there are too many in that boat and half of them are irrelevant.
Should only be Trump, pompeo, mattis, pence, Haley and May Bolton. Although personally both Bolton and pence are not the right fit , certainly not sessions who I threw off the boat.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

And yet some keep insisting we should be worried what the rest of the world thinks when it comes to running OUR country.
Go figure.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Indeed, an explanation is usually customary and a good way to present an OP. Ah well...

And searching for information on your own will do you better. Trust me. Go down that rabbit hole.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Honestly, I had no idea that nobody would get it. MOST people here that are involved in ANY political 'anything' have a LOT to say about anything that the U.S. government does, so, I naively 'assumed' that this would be self-explanatory. I was wrong.
All I wanted to do was show a VERY CLEVER painting, to me, it doesn't matter at all which side you or anyone else is on, if you know what this is about, you should get it.

I see all day long people that are not from the U.S. talk about actors, government people, and beer choices, stuff that I don't have a clue because I don't live in another part of the world. I don't go on there and talk about how unsatisfied I am with that particular post or thread.

Y'all lighten up, this is a really, REALLY good painting, take it for what it is, humorous and all that goes along with that.

I'm not being rude when I say all of the above, I'm just trying to get a point across.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Honestly there are too many in that boat and half of them are irrelevant.
Should only be Trump, pompeo, mattis, pence, Haley and May Bolton. Although personally both Bolton and pence are not the right fit , certainly not sessions who I threw off the boat.

I believe that the reason behind the amount of people in the boat is from the original painting.
Personally, I may not like all that are in the boat, but I am not judging in this, this is 'supposed to be' humorous.

Again, ATS will not let me post an image, is someone would be so kind as to have it show I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you!

The ORIGINAL...
s3.amazonaws.com...
edit on 5-8-2018 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I don't think you can drain a swamp with a row boat.

The reference of "Washington crossing the Delaware" doesn't work aesthetically.

I felt it works, maybe some others did too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join