It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you expecting heaven to be like?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I know what some religions teach about heaven and hell. But everyone has different opinions.

What do you expect heaven to be like?
What will you expect to be doing into heaven?

I will start this thread with my feelings. To understand heaven I have first tried to understand my true self or soul. Many of us see our soul as our heart (feelings), the feelings that arise when we see beauty in art or in the joy at jokes etc. But when we are born, our brain is controlled by DNA to procreate to ensure survival of the fittest, it seeks beauty, strength and power as means to succeed in procreation. And from birth, the environment impacts the development of the pathways in the brain, allowing us to feel joy at positive outcomes and sadness at negative outcomes. So that substance of the brain must die when our body dies.

So I see my true self is something else. Something I have only seen fleeting glimpses whilst meditating. It is the witness that embodies nothing but emptiness. Some religions tell us that we will only be able to witness the Father from accepting the emptiness of the Son. So if GOD is a cosmic brain, perhaps we are just neurons, with no true self identity.

So if I die and attain heaven, I am not expecting my ego-brain to survive the death process. I am expecting that I will be forever be part of GOD. Seeing what GOD see's. Seeing what GOD wants. Seeing what GOD is. With no self identity at all. So it will be the final death of my false self. Being born again for one last time to witness the greater self. Not of myself. But one of everything, that exists.

Some religions (Hinduism, Judaism etc) teach that we have already reached that state if perfection. That souls go through numerous reincarnations (or dreams) until they awaken to their true selfless self. So I am not expecting to awaken, anytime soon.

Sweet dreams, everyone.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Dust...
to dust.

Stardust.

edit on 8/4/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Meditate and you'll find it in the here and now. Heaven after death is a concept that causes people to not search for and find it right now.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
paradise earth, like before the fall

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well the Bible gives the location in Genesis. It's right here, but we expect ourselves from Paradise with our divided mind.

a reply to: glend

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
1. No liberals

2. Canadian beer

3. No "bronies" or "neckbeards"

4. Kate Upton and Gal Gadot... wrestling in Jell-O

5. Unicorns

Yup...

link   

link   

I believe we live on earth what we create, as well as everywhere else. Upon death in this consciousness, we engage a perspective relevent to our existence which as far as I can define individuation...simply is different musings of the one consciousness.

I cant imagine, the universe supports the waste of energy supporting a "heaven, or hell." what a gigantic waste of resources, not too mention an absurdly infantile concept to be attributed an omnicient being...I mean seriously its laughable to think a being capable of creating literally EVERYTHING, cares to have designated tables in the highschool lunchroom.

Wasnt trying to offend anyone, just my take...Ive been attacked of late for asking questions by folks with different beliefs.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Star dust is the most logical conclusion yes.

But its not beyond science to affirm spirituality. It only requires an open mind. Take for example the case of Shanti Devi. A girl that was investigated by Mohandas Gandhi government because she claimed to know facts about her previous life. Many tried to denounce her but failed to find any holes in her story.

Off cause it be better to have first hand experience. You'd probably look good in hindu garb.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Buddy, that was a great movie!

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

So all liberals are going to hell? Bahaha.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Just like in Scripture....plus Canadian beer .....scents and colors.....and everyone has a mansion to themselves even....but what will we do all day?......wrestle in jello

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The last photon reflecting from my eye and shooting through the universe for the rest of eternity alone. Or maybe just a nice long sleep.
edit on 4/8/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So all liberals are going to hell? Bahaha.

I know...

Best

Christmas

ever...
edit on 4-8-2018 by madmac5150 because: vertical text is slimming....

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

You'd probably look good in hindu garb.

Too gay.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
How do you get scotch into heaven? How is it imported?

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
How do you get scotch into heaven? How is it imported?

A good Scotch is made in Heaven... we merely get the leftovers...

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You'd probably look good in hindu garb.

Too gay.

Yeah, I see you as more of a Sikh kinda guy. Turban, ceremonial dagger, fierce beard. Not too scary, but definitely not effeminate, or gay.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I really do not know what to expect.
I only hope to hear the word "Welcome".

If I would be so lucky.
S&F

edit on 4-8-2018 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
If the Christians are right, it will be a God-awful totalitarian police state. Not interested.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join