It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If super powers are real, then why hasn't it been proved on this website?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Here's another one.

www.victorzammit.com...

That's a zip file.....what is it!

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It's about the most tested medium of all time. i haven't read it yet.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
I still don't see any proof. He lists a lot of things that happen at death, or physical death as he put is, but there is nothing backing it up. I could list a lot of evidence to show that all these near death experiences are just wacky brain activity, etc.

He didn't even mention the instances of veridical NDE's. Those are NDE's in which the NDE'r sees and hear things that he or she could never possibly have seen or known due to phyisical impossibility. But he does give all of his sources from which he got the information from. And the book is filled with lots of accounts.

Here are some examples.

www.near-death.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
Right....

The interest in super powers would never fade. IF the Gov't is employing any person with super powers, he is probably tied to his employers and secrets. Anything goes wrong, he may face charges. Possible that the if he knows too much, he may and up behind bars on an experimental table. It could also happen if he becomes useless for any reason.

Millionaires employing supermen ?! That sounds nice... but what for? Money? There is one little problem: if any person can use his powers, he doesn't need an employer! The basics of work, labour, the presence of bosses, the job, the surveillance, the psychic threat, the 8 hour worktime... all this is meant to be for the ignorant horde , not for a person with supernatiral mental powers!!!! Sounds offensive, but this is the truth.

Someone who can feel the hostile intentions and sick hunger of a moneygrabber, would never fall for such an useless deal!

I might be wrong, but it's my opinion!

I can't begin to answer your good points, other than to say that attaching the lable of "super..." anything implies more than reality dictates. Remote Viewers, employed by a commercial concern and working with others at various skill levels above and below your own, may be more intrinsically rewarding than we might imagine. Then again, your response also assumes that one's powers of presience works all the time, every time, and if the lagging success of the science of parapsychology teaches anything, it is that replicability of performance depends on so many variables as to be practically useless: without the superstructure afforded by an organization that allows for failure, indeed, pre-supposes and compensates for anticipated failures, and having the emotional base of working with others who "take up the slack" or "cusion the fall", as circumstances and clients, dictate.

Just an off-the-cuff shot in the dark at an explanation, without benefit of firsthand knowledge, goes without saying.....
))
bubbabak

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bubbabak
Remote Viewers, employed by a commercial concern and working with others at various skill levels above and below your own, may be more intrinsically rewarding than we might imagine.

That is right. And surely we would know a lot about those remote viewers! They either hiding too well, or they are not free to go to public. But anybody with sensetive advanced capabilities would go mad if being kept in a room isolated.

Therefore, it is believeable that there isn't any concern employing supernatural minds, basically due to the least understanding! How could a "normal" person or organization employ anybody, who is way above him or that group?

It must be understood, that anybody possessing advanced capabilities, are not restricted to a particular "ability". Therefore, we will not see "pure" telepathic, telekinetic, infravisual people! That is nonsense. All these mental abilities come in a bunch, if a person is born differently, etc...

If you are able to explore telepathy, you'll be able to explore the rest, even if you don't understand what's going on. Now would such a person fall for the deal of a Boss? No! He would never give up his freedom because of money, and he would not bear any primitive creature dictate just because his wallet is full.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Dont need money, Dont want to have tons of people looking at me, and I Dont want to have to go into lots of medical tests. Besides couldnt they pick something more fun like TK, pryo/cryo, or even mass telepthy. Gussing cards just sounds a bit boring.

Also who would want to be the victum of the media following them all the time.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
i dont try to prove myself,because i see no use in it..i have tried and others just can t comp re hend it,or they are in denial...bursting somones bubble is not pretty..i lost a friend from the age of 3..for something i did..

the reasoning mind is so fragile..

the large part of the problem is..is that 80% of everyone is just another brick in the wall...
from the time your born..you are taught what is right and wrong,what is green and red....
from my observations of the majority around me,not many think for themselfs...not many are responsible for their actions..allways blaming others for their actions and reactions...
i could ramble on but more than likely it will sound like a bunch of wash...

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by elemtalsage
Also who would want to be the victum of the media following them all the time.

While the members of the media don't know that it's not a gift, that it's something every human has and that they can actually learn it for themselves...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Hey Bandit, thanks for posting those links, however, the writer lost credability with this quote

Evidence from many parts of the world shows that the evidence for the afterlife is abundant, proven, definitive and conclusive

Where is all this proof of an afterlife?

sensfan, because there isn't an afterlife, that's why. It was a mistake that we were all born here, then we die. A black afterdeath were nothing happens, and nothing exists. That theory is dead on

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I do think there's an afterlife though, especially after having my OOBE's.. And you don't know 100% for sure that there isn't an afterlife.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Hey, if Randi will spot me the plane tickets, I'll go sit in a room, move around some compass needles, toothpicks, etc. for a million bucks....

Or we can just take a walk around the neighborhood and I can play with some streetlights, hehe....

Somehow though, I'm pretty sure his lawyers would find a way to weasel out of paying up...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
That's right!!! conning and fraud is their middle name.

James "the conman" Randi.

I don't understand why he's so well respected in the mainstream.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by malakiem

sensfan, because there isn't an afterlife, that's why. It was a mistake that we were all born here, then we die. A black afterdeath were nothing happens, and nothing exists. That theory is dead on

Btw...

Here are scientific experiments done about the afterlife.

veritas.arizona.edu...

www.openmindsciences.com...

www.openmindsciences.com...

paranormal.about.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I know this girl that was a honest-to-god pyrokinitic (I saw it) and she had nightmares every night about being caught by military people and being locked up and haveing experiments done on her. I had those nightmares too. you feel the cuts and everyhthing...it's horrible.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Every human being has the potential to develop their mental abilities. Certainly people have talents in one area or another but the fact remains they reside in all of us.

Despite what you might see in the Movies or on TV, it is almost never a 'bolt of lightning' or some physical injury that suddenly opens them up. Not saying this has never happened, just that it is in the minority.

To develop first you must understand yourself, grow up for real. Once you have done that you realize that you do not have the right to force this knowledge on the World. This has always been hard for people to understand, 'If it were me I would show everybody' is the common response. That is self-centered and shows a complete lack of respect for the other people in the World who simply wish to live their lives as they see fit.

'SuperPowers' is a silly way to say it but anyone can learn to do amazing things if they are willing to invest the time and the effort.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander Tau
Every human being has the potential to develop their mental abilities. Certainly people have talents in one area or another but the fact remains they reside in all of us.

Despite what you might see in the Movies or on TV, it is almost never a 'bolt of lightning' or some physical injury that suddenly opens them up. Not saying this has never happened, just that it is in the minority.

To develop first you must understand yourself, grow up for real. Once you have done that you realize that you do not have the right to force this knowledge on the World. This has always been hard for people to understand, 'If it were me I would show everybody' is the common response. That is self-centered and shows a complete lack of respect for the other people in the World who simply wish to live their lives as they see fit.

'SuperPowers' is a silly way to say it but anyone can learn to do amazing things if they are willing to invest the time and the effort.

A.T
(-)

I agree, AT. It took me years to develope mine, even if I was a natural telepath. I had to learn the ups and downs of the gift and nearly killed myself once. If a person is willing, they can learn. I could probably pass James Randi's million dollar test, but...I just don't feel right. First of all, I have the most awflul temper in the world. That looks at me the wrong way, I'm gonna turn him into kibble. But, overall, I just don't want to frighten anyone. My mom looks at me shocked and scared when I forget myself with her...I shudder to think what the world would do.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I have certain things I work with or deal with in my life that some would call 'supernatural' or 'paranormal', but I can't pick out which card is what - never could.

And the reason why it can't be prooven is because no matter how much proof you have, an unbieliever is NOT going to believe it. Just like there are those who want it to be true so badly that they believe the fakes.

I can invite you to my house and show you how the lights flicker when I call out a hello, I can sit at a distance from you and help you with a pain and you'll feel it warm up and the pain begin to lessen, I can try to contact someone for you and relay messages, I can tell you my mother is going to call a few minutes before she calls, I can tell you about the dream I had last night then report back to you when it happens, I can tell you that your doing a great job forcing a happy face but that your grieving or angry etc., I can look at a picture of your family member or friend and tell you that there is something wrong with that person although they don't know it yet... But none of this will make a bit of difference to you if you don't 'believe in that stuff'.

Personaly - to be quite honest - I wouldn't 'believe in all that stuff' myself if I hadn't grown up with it. I thought everyone was the same and found it very difficult to believe that people don't live this way.
It still baffles me to no end. How can you sit there with someone - someone you know personaly no less - and not know there is something wrong with them emotionaly or physicaly? How can you get a 'feeling' and not automaticaly know to be more cautious? How can you NOT be this way? I don't believe you have none of this - I believe you refuse to look at it and call alot of thing coincodences and such.
Do you really think your reflexes are that quick - an untrianed, non-marticial arts person - to catch something as it gets ready to hit you or fall? I think maybe you began reacting as it started happening - not AFTER you noticed it starting to happen.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Randi will never accept that his hostility to all things that he cannot explain as tricks or fraud has a significant impact on the performance of those around him. Which is odd because even as far back as 1980 it was known in Science circles that humans have such effects. The original source of this knowledge involved particle tests. When the tests were run with the room empty they got one result, and when a human was in a room they got another. The equipment was properly shielded so the basic EM field of a human could not have been the cause.

Today we have electronic equipment that is operated by human thought, and still he persists. But he does understand this to some degree, does anyone think he honestly wants to give away a million dollars?

A.T
(-)

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Most of the people who actually have psychic abilities don't really care if anyone else kno that they are real and they don't really care about a million dollars. (If you win a bunch of money everyone knows who you are and everyone will want some.)

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by zippo
Most of the people who actually have psychic abilities don't really care if anyone else kno that they are real and they don't really care about a million dollars. (If you win a bunch of money everyone knows who you are and everyone will want some.)

Yep yep yep
It just don't matter if anyone believes or not. That a person asks to have something proven to them makes me think they want to believe.
And those who have things others call 'abilities', we do our best to hide it!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join