It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If super powers are real, then why hasn't it been proved on this website?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
www.randi.org...

They have a one million dollar challenge that has been going on for a long time. For instance if someone claims ESP, they bring them in a controlled area and hold 100 cards with different symbols written on them. If the person guesses a certain percentage of them correctly they win a million dollars. So far no one has passed even the preliminary tests. Fishy?

What's your take on this?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I remember when James Randi made Doris Stokes cry.

He is a big meanie and a lovable skeptic.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by brocke
www.randi.org...

They have a one million dollar challenge that has been going on for a long time. For instance if someone claims ESP, they bring them in a controlled area and hold 100 cards with different symbols written on them. If the person guesses a certain percentage of them correctly they win a million dollars. So far no one has passed even the preliminary tests. Fishy?

What's your take on this?

Everyone knows that's a government controlled test site - and their superpowers are real. They don't go cuz they don't want to end up in a padded room doing military experiments for the rest of their lives.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Maybee they don't go because they don't wanto be proven wrong? Where is proof that they become government test subjects if they do have supernatural powers?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Where is proof that they become government test subjects if they do have supernatural powers?

Russia spent millions of dollars developing a psi program and employing "gifted" citizens. The US countered by developing a remote viewing program, which tended to favor non-"gifted" viewers.

Most world governments have funded some variant of the psi-area of military research. Look into the public-domain works of Joseph McMoneagle, one of the US program's most highly-rated remote viewers.

As for 'Randi's Offer' which includes the following caveat:

IMPORTANT: Only claims that can be verified by evidence under proper observing conditions will be accepted. JREF will NOT accept claims of the existence of deities or demons/angels, the validity of exorcism, religious claims, cloudbusting, causing the Sun to rise or the stars to move, etc. JREF will also NOT test claims that are likely to cause injury of any sort, such as those involving the withholding of air, food or water, or the use of illicit materials, drugs, or dangerous devices.

So even this research carries with it exclusionary criteria even though it is supposedly devoid of theory or prior assumption!

The reason they haven't "proven it"on their website is because they are unwilling to place themselves in the environment of the applicant, and also do not have access to reportedly "classified" applicants (such as McMoneagle, for several years).

MK

[edit on 21-2-2005 by MKULTRA]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Those who need to know know,

Those who don't, don't....

Everyone else are just walking meat...

we already rule...

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

Where is proof that they become government test subjects if they do have supernatural powers?

Russia spent millions of dollars developing a psi program and employing "gifted" citizens. The US countered by developing a remote viewing program, which tended to favor non-"gifted" viewers.

Most world governments have funded some variant of the psi-area of military research. Look into the public-domain works of Joseph McMoneagle, one of the US program's most highly-rated remote viewers.

As for 'Randi's Offer' which includes the following caveat:

IMPORTANT: Only claims that can be verified by evidence under proper observing conditions will be accepted. JREF will NOT accept claims of the existence of deities or demons/angels, the validity of exorcism, religious claims, cloudbusting, causing the Sun to rise or the stars to move, etc. JREF will also NOT test claims that are likely to cause injury of any sort, such as those involving the withholding of air, food or water, or the use of illicit materials, drugs, or dangerous devices.

So even this research carries with it exclusionary criteria even though it is supposedly devoid of theory or prior assumption!

The reason they haven't "proven it"on their website is because they are unwilling to place themselves in the environment of the applicant, and also do not have access to reportedly "classified" applicants (such as McMoneagle, for several years).

MK

[edit on 21-2-2005 by MKULTRA]

Could you elaborate? What happened with this Joseph McMoneagle? Links?

Plus I still don't see the link you are proposing between the James Randi site and the government.

[edit on 21-2-2005 by brocke]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Everyone knows that's a government controlled test site - and their superpowers are real. They don't go cuz they don't want to end up in a padded room doing military experiments for the rest of their lives.

Indeed one explanation, but any is this, those who achieve, or learn of such powers, come to realize this is not for the weaker minded people, there are people whom can't handle such power, and then there are those who would use it inproperly. And besides if you know, and believe in your self, is there really any need to prove your self to others?, Why?, for fame?, for glory?, people who are truly intough with there energy knows better.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
There are older threads on James Randi that shows he's a fraud and a sham.

Let me see if I can find them.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

You have got to the Point!! The Governments are based on the abilities of non-gifted people, therefore gifted people have no reason to be in touch with them. Why would those gifted people hunger for a million dollars from any organization trying to hunt their abilities?!

Anyway, a million dollars is nothing compared to the amount such person's mind worth!! And the Government knows that. So what's all this? An incorrect issue.

There is a definite reason why the Governments find no gifted people: If there is one person with advanced mental capabilities, he may not be able to explore his abilities, therefore he is useless to the Authorities.

If there is one person being able to properly explore his abilities and use them wisely, he would know that the Government is approaching for hostile reasons. This person may be able to find money through friendly and correct circumstances.

Still, I would be really sorry for those gifted people who are victims of the Government!

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
hey ummm....yeaahhh ever notice that um in comic books and cartoons the ppl with super powers or what ever u wanna call them try and hide their powers?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I know if I had 'super powers' I would not go public on it.
No matter how much good you do with it, people will bring you down just like they do with celebrities. No good deed goes unpunished.
If you work for government with 'super powers' you may as well be working for the Mafia. As a public figure you will lose your freedom and probably end up dead because you revealed yourself.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Hey Bandit, thanks for posting those links, however, the writer lost credability with this quote

Evidence from many parts of the world shows that the evidence for the afterlife is abundant, proven, definitive and conclusive

Where is all this proof of an afterlife?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Check out the author's own book on evidence of the afterlife.

You can read it for free here:
www.victorzammit.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yep, any time the Gov't gets involved in such matters, it gets VERY messy and the individual can find themselves not only targets of hostile forces (within and without) but find themselves EXPENDABLE.
Then, let's not forget the Remote Viewing experiment sponsored by Gov't money for 10yrs or more. I think it would be naive to assume that such studies were simply discontinued.
They were eventually "discontinued" because of the reluctance of Generals and such to commit their actions based solely on such advice, not because there were no successes.
Rather, funding went "private" and are done under the auspices of commercially funded "advisory" groups. There is a certain multi-millionaire who funds one such private group today, and I understand that their "services" are quite sought after by Big Gov't and corporations, alike.
nuff said.
bubbabak

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I still don't see any proof. He lists a lot of things that happen at death, or physical death as he put is, but there is nothing backing it up. I could list a lot of evidence to show that all these near death experiences are just wacky brain activity, etc.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I strongly suggest you read the thread listed below.....it will explain a lot for you....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

EDIT: You may want to read this one too
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2/22/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Right....

The interest in super powers would never fade. IF the Gov't is employing any person with super powers, he is probably tied to his employers and secrets. Anything goes wrong, he may face charges. Possible that the if he knows too much, he may and up behind bars on an experimental table. It could also happen if he becomes useless for any reason.

Millionaires employing supermen ?! That sounds nice... but what for? Money? There is one little problem: if any person can use his powers, he doesn't need an employer! The basics of work, labour, the presence of bosses, the job, the surveillance, the psychic threat, the 8 hour worktime... all this is meant to be for the ignorant horde , not for a person with supernatiral mental powers!!!! Sounds offensive, but this is the truth.

Someone who can feel the hostile intentions and sick hunger of a moneygrabber, would never fall for such an useless deal!

I might be wrong, but it's my opinion!

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Here's another one.

www.victorzammit.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join