It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 states take aim at 3D gun company, sue to get files off the Internet

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: DexterRiley

I suppose we'll find out eventually whether it's even going to be legal to have the files. Some members of Congress are already proposing legislation to ban plastic guns and requiring serial numbers on all firearms, including homemade weapons.

Time out for perspective. Here is what the NRA has to say:

“Many anti-gun politicians and members of the media have wrongly claimed that 3-D printing technology will allow for the production and widespread proliferation of undetectable plastic firearms. Regardless of what a person may be able to publish on the Internet, undetectable plastic guns have been illegal for 30 years. Federal law passed in 1988, crafted with the NRA’s support, makes it unlawful to manufacture, import, sell, ship, deliver, possess, transfer, or receive an undetectable firearm.”

NRA [Emphasis mine. --DJW001]

In other words, the NRA does not want you to make your own firearms, they want you to buy them from the businesses they represent. Why, then, is Defense Distributed making these 3-D printer programs available? Because their core business is making the metal parts and the milling machines necessary to rifle the barrels to make guns effective:

ghostgunner.net...

In other words, this has nothing to do with the First or Second Amendment. It is a trade dispute. Defense Distributed is threatening the small arms monopoly that the NRA represents. That is why the NRA supports serial numbers, even on home made weapons.

The NRA wants people to follow the law? You don't say... Boy, that just proves all your gun control propaganda doesn't it?

You can't undo this level of brainswashing.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered
a reply to: howtonhawky

i will say that i do believe that gloc's are not metal guns.

We dont care about what you "believe", youre wrong. Walk down to the gun store sometime and actually have someone educate you.

Stating your opinion doesnt make it fact.

Well
facts are facts and you should care.

another member spouting nonsensical feelings without facts.

just to clear it up for tha last time it was said that if crimes were happening with plastic guns then the msm would report it.

That was a nothing statement without any facts behind it.

my reply which is 100% factual is that glocks are not metal..that is a fact even if i used the term i believe glocs are not metal

i could go further and show the numerous crimes that have been done with completely plastic guns and also remind that several deaths have happened cause some kid is holding a plastic water gun.

the point stands that 3d printers are mucho capable of creating 100% non metallic guns capable of firing rounds that are fatal to humans.

Just because they start out with a computer program that incorporates the use of some metal in these firts releases does not negate the facts.

here are some plastic compression springs
www.leespring.com...

and here is a link to nonmetal nails similar to a firing pin
raptornails.com...

The truth is that a completely plastic gun is 100% doable and that fact collides with homeland security and the foundation of the patriot act and freedom in the usa is being tested to the max.

giving up freedom for security is a failure of liberty

You've already admitted you can't handle multiple part replies, so you really should keep your posts shorter.

Let's take things one issue at a time.

What's the point of saying Glocks aren't metal if you know they have metal parts? What point were you trying to make?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Besides even if a gun was made of plastic it will show up on airport scanners because the plastic would have to be very dense and hard.

SLS forming would work. SLA would make a really perfect looking gun. plus several other processes 3D is just the new kid.

Hollywood uses a lot of SLA stuff in movies. If it can be designed it can be made. But not work

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

The NRA wants people to follow the law? You don't say... Boy, that just proves all your gun control propaganda doesn't it?

Please explain. The NRA lobbies for the gun industry. This is a well known fact. They influence lawmakers to pass laws favorable to that industry. That is a fact. Where do you see propaganda in these statements? In what way does making these observations indicate "brainwashing?" Please be succinct and avoid ad hominem attacks. This is not the Mud Pit.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

look you and i have not ever been able to communicate properly.

if you can stop with accusing me of being part of some team on the left or right.

we could go back and look at many post you and i have shared where you do this.

i toats addressed the issue in this thread you and i share in another post to another member.

you made the claim that if plastic guns were being used in crime then the msm would report it.

that is non sense and a simple search shows you were widely mistaken.

i retorted that glocs are not metal and that was after a post where you and i agreed that all guns today have some metal parts.

glocs are not metal and they are being used each and everyday and the msm has reported such and on top of that many completely plastic guns have been used in crime.

now back to the reason that started the whole jet crash in the first place.

100% completely plastic guns exist and the computer plans to make them toats exist all the way down to the shell casings.

3 times you tried to claim i am a lefty that knows nothing about guns and you are so wrong about that to the point of needing a guardian angel to save you from yourself..thank the lord.

by all means quit underestimating me and quit putting me into some crazy categories cause i fit in none completely.

godspeed to your new understanding and overcoming adversity

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Please explain. The NRA lobbies for the gun industry. This is a well known fact. They influence lawmakers to pass laws favorable to that industry. That is a fact. Where do you see propaganda in these statements? In what way does making these observations indicate "brainwashing?" Please be succinct and avoid ad hominem attacks. This is not the Mud Pit.

I already explained. You haven't demonstrated any of the "well known facts" you're claiming. You posted a comment of the NRA saying people should follow the law.

How about you please avoid dishonest posts? Your propaganda is weak.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

look you and i have not ever been able to communicate properly.

if you can stop with accusing me of being part of some team on the left or right.

we could go back and look at many post you and i have shared where you do this.

i toats addressed the issue in this thread you and i share in another post to another member.

you made the claim that if plastic guns were being used in crime then the msm would report it.

that is non sense and a simple search shows you were widely mistaken.

i retorted that glocs are not metal and that was after a post where you and i agreed that all guns today have some metal parts.

glocs are not metal and they are being used each and everyday and the msm has reported such and on top of that many completely plastic guns have been used in crime.

now back to the reason that started the whole jet crash in the first place.

100% completely plastic guns exist and the computer plans to make them toats exist all the way down to the shell casings.

3 times you tried to claim i am a lefty that knows nothing about guns and you are so wrong about that to the point of needing a guardian angel to save you from yourself..thank the lord.

by all means quit underestimating me and quit putting me into some crazy categories cause i fit in none completely.

godspeed to your new understanding and overcoming adversity

That's an awful lot of spin to avoid answering a simple question.

For the 3rd time, what point were you trying to make by claiming "Glocks aren't metal" if you acknowledge they have metal parts?

I'm trying to keep it simple so you can understand. I don't want you to get lost again.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

you are stubborn...

to answer your question then go back to the first post where you made claims about msm and plastic guns.

then reread my response with an intention of understanding.

i do not understand why you would not have done that already.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

you are stubborn...

to answer your question then go back to the first post where you made claims about msm and plastic guns.

then reread my response with an intention of understanding.

i do not understand why you would not have done that already.

As stubborn as someone who waffles for 2 pages trying to avoid answering a simple question?

What was the point of saying Glocks aren't metal?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Glocks are not completely made of plastic.... This isn't matel

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Glocks are not completely made of plastic.... This isn't matel

He knows that. He's trying to conflate 2 things. It's already possible to make an entirely plastic gun without a 3D printer, but you don't see them being used in crimes or mass shootings because they're unreliable and dangerous to the user, just like entirely plastic 3D printed guns will be. So he had to come back with this crap about Glocks because Glocks are used in crimes, which is a moot point because Glocks aren't entirely plastic. He couldn't just say "yeah you're right, these 3D printed plastic guns won't be a problem" though.

Now he's gonna get mad because he "didn't say that", but he still won't articulate what point he was trying to make with the remark about Glocks not being metal. He realizes he's backed himself into a corner, so he's stalling and deflecting.
edit on 1 8 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Wow you are late to the circle jerk!

They are not plastic. I get that they are a nylon.

No where have i said they are plastic.

I said about 10 times that "glocs are not metal".

How have you been doing?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I already explained. You haven't demonstrated any of the "well known facts" you're claiming. You posted a comment of the NRA saying people should follow the law.

What do you call it when an organization collects money in order to persuade politicians to hold particular positions? Most of us call it "lobbying." The NRA lobbies against laws that would hurt the small arms industry, do they not?

The NRA's propaganda is very strong. They have you brainwashed into thinking it is about "rights," and "freedom" when it is really about gun sales.

ETA: Apparently you did not read the quote all the way through. The NRA wants you to obey a law that they wrote. Why would they sacrifice your "right" to own a gun that you make yourself and do not register?
edit on 1-8-2018 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I wonder about the practical considerations, having never seen or fired one of these.

How long does one last, how many rounds can it fire before it is useless?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

What do you call it when an organization collects money in order to persuade politicians to hold particular positions? Most of us call it "lobbying." The NRA lobbies against laws that would hurt the small arms industry, do they not?

The NRA's propaganda is very strong. They have you brainwashed into thinking it is about "rights," and "freedom" when it is really about gun sales.

ETA: Apparently you did not read the quote all the way through. The NRA wants you to obey a law that they wrote. Why would they sacrifice your "right" to own a gun that you make yourself and do not register?

And you'd be wrong. I did read it. You're just misrepresenting it. It doesn't say the NRA wrote that law. It says the NRA supported the law. Gosh, the NRA supports a law that stops people from making makeshift guns, which are dangerous to the user because of lack of standards, improper materials, and are also untraceable. Is this not an example of a "common sense" gun law? If the NRA opposed that law, you and your ilk would be whining that the NRA wants everyone to be able to build a gun, mentally ill, domestic abusers, convicted criminals, underage, anybody.

Way to twist yourself into an absurd pretzel just to stay on the "# the NRA" side of the issue.

I like your version of "I know you are but what am I" in the post too. I called you out for falling for gun control propaganda, so you turn around and say I've fallen for NRA propaganda. The "propaganda" I've fallen for in this case is that the NRA encourages people to follow the law. You got me. I've fallen for that hook, line, and sinker. Your own quote confirms it.

There's no arguing that the NRA lobbies for pro-gun positions. That's beside the point here. You dishonestly tried to twist that quote into meaning something it doesn't. The point you're trying to make doesn't even make sense. If building your own makeshift gun was legal, you honestly think that gun manufacturers wouldn't just start selling materials aimed at that market? Every time a law is passed that opens up a new niche, they adjust to manufacture and advertise toward that area. If you had any rudimentary knowledge on this issue, you'd know that.

Try to leave your dishonest agenda out of your posts in the future.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

wow

Are you really gonna now try to claim that 3d printed guns will not be used in crime?

People use water guns to rob banks sometimes so what on earth would make you think they would not use a printed gun?

That is ridiculous.

That is also beside the point of legality.

Why do you not just say that you are of the mind set that it is legal to share files and make guns? We would both be in agreement then.

My point stands that you allow your desire to belittle and be right above any desire for truth.

That is the extremely stupid part here that we both think the gov. should not restrict guns yet you from the start try to pick fights and call me dem and part of some agenda.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

And you'd be wrong. I did read it. You're just misrepresenting it. It doesn't say the NRA wrote that law. It says the NRA supported the law. Gosh, the NRA supports a law that stops people from making makeshift guns, which are dangerous to the user because of lack of standards, improper materials, and are also untraceable. Is this not an example of a "common sense" gun law? If the NRA opposed that law, you and your ilk would be whining that the NRA wants everyone to be able to build a gun, mentally ill, domestic abusers, convicted criminals, underage, anybody.

Way to twist yourself into an absurd pretzel just to stay on the "# the NRA" side of the issue.

I like your version of "I know you are but what am I" in the post too. I called you out for falling for gun control propaganda, so you turn around and say I've fallen for NRA propaganda. The "propaganda" I've fallen for in this case is that the NRA encourages people to follow the law. You got me. I've fallen for that hook, line, and sinker. Your own quote confirms it.

There's no arguing that the NRA lobbies for pro-gun positions. That's beside the point here. You dishonestly tried to twist that quote into meaning something it doesn't. The point you're trying to make doesn't even make sense. If building your own makeshift gun was legal, you honestly think that gun manufacturers wouldn't just start selling materials aimed at that market? Every time a law is passed that opens up a new niche, they adjust to manufacture and advertise toward that area. If you had any rudimentary knowledge on this issue, you'd know that.

Try to leave your dishonest agenda out of your posts in the future.

Another attack on someone holding the same view as you.

What gives?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

wow

Are you really gonna now try to claim that 3d printed guns will not be used in crime?

People use water guns to rob banks sometimes so what on earth would make you think they would not use a printed gun?

That is ridiculous.

That is also beside the point of legality.

Why do you not just say that you are of the mind set that it is legal to share files and make guns? We would both be in agreement then.

My point stands that you allow your desire to belittle and be right above any desire for truth.

That is the extremely stupid part here that we both think the gov. should not restrict guns yet you from the start try to pick fights and call me dem and part of some agenda.

You can type all that but can't answer the question. It's okay, I answered it already. We all know what you were trying to do.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

super duper lolers

you have no valid questions that have not been answered over and over.

i guess you often bite the hand that feeds

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

super duper lolers

you have no valid questions that have not been answered over and over.

i guess you often bite the hand that feeds

I know what you meant, but you'll bitch and moan if I just make the assumption so I wanted to give you a chance to explain yourself. You've failed to do that 3 or 4 times now. I asked you a simple question you apparently can't answer without embarrassing yourself, because you know your point was dishonest, so there's not much else to say here. Oh well. Maybe don't post gun control spin in the future. You can get the last word in with another substance-less reply.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join