It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record Cold in Australia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

They are in hibernation.

kind regards,

bally

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Yep, we warn people about them Tiger Bears every year.....but they still want to pat them.

At least this one looks happy.......

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That's correct.

Newsflash: most of Australia is 5 - 10°C over average with +20°C (yes, you saw that right) in the near Antartic for today.

Pretty warm for a record cold, innit?

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
It's cold. No rain, the drought is really bad over here.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Its so warm I've been seeing pythons on the move, very unusual for this time of year.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Call the authorities quick.

Oh wait...it's winter south of the equator and summer north of the equator. I give it sixty more days and you'll see a reversal.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

-7? I feel for our southern cousins.

If it's any consolation we've been attacked by temps. in the mid to upper 30's.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Well i hope so coz the drought is terrible.

pray for the typical wet weather.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Pilgrum

I am in agreement.

Heck we had some jonquils flowering in April! Most are now flowering about 6 weeks early. Japanese ornamental cherries blossoming two months early, and anemones also flowering two months early.

We have had several cold fronts pass in the last few weeks, but at least we are getting a bit of rain.

Still not the coldest winter Ive experienced. And ive had a few in the decades.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: NJE777

I'm not familiar with your weather patterns. I should be. I thought it was sort of sub tropical. Do you get snow? Do lakes freeze?
I live in the southern part of the U.S.. We get snow but it's a rare treat that shuts down everything. Lakes do not freeze here but shallow puddles will get a rim of ice sometimes.
It also doesn't get overly hot here but the humidity is so awful that temps in the upper eighties (twenties celsius) are uncomfortable. We seldom go over mid nineties. Hundred degrees is even more rare than snow. I'm on the coast we get hurricanes.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Our daffodils always bloom in April here. That's funny. I'm guessing April is Autumn for you?

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

We have snow over here so too lakes freezing but the lack of rain this season is making the drought worse. It's critical over here. Usually winter we get rain but not this year. It's dreadful.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Yes.

Daffodils generally start blooming towards end of August. Jonquils a few weeks prior.

Yes it snows here. Generally not in most places. Decent falls in the southern mountains. Small falls now and then for some southern areas.

Once though however, it did snow in central Australia. Which is what most people see as barren hot desert.

Edit: My mistake. Snowed more than once

edit on 28-7-2018 by auroraaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: NJE777

We have snow over here so too lakes freezing but the lack of rain this season is making the drought worse. It's critical over here. Usually winter we get rain but not this year. It's dreadful.

But snow and lakes freezing over only commonly happen in mountain regions, yeah? It only happens anywhere else if theirs an extreme weather anomaly.

Also, you can't talk about typical weather in Australia like you could with say the UK, we go from temperate down south to full blown tropic up north... Its a big land mass and completely different depending on where you are.

The only thing the whole of mainland Australia has in common, weather wise, is that it tends to get notoriously hot during the summer months.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Happens mainly in the Blue Mountains, Victoria... The other States and Territories are warmer.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: NJE777

Happens in Canberra, the Brindabellas, most of south eastern New South zWales, west of blue mountains to a point, most of Vic at least 400meters ish above sea level.

And Tassie.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

That's the thing about climate change.

What was hot is now cold, what was cold is now hot.

Storms get stronger and weather becomes more harsh in all places.

Where I live for 30 years of my life we had hot dry summers and at least 4 months of cold wet winter.

Now for the last 10 years we have had 1 or 2 months of a simi-cold wet winter and it is super hot and raining all the rest of the time.
My city has had floods that they were never equipped to deal with. My own home was destroyed by one.

I don't know why the climate changed the way that it has and so quickly but it cannot be denied at this point that a change has and is happening.

I am still on the fence about how much man has contributed to that change.

I am always on the side of less pollution.

No one told me there was a change. I spend lots of time outdoors and I have seen the change for myself.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
South Africa is also freezing. This climate thing is really getting serious

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Is it change though, or is it simply a cycle ?

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Same thing.

Cycles are examples of change.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join