It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record Cold in Australia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The earth's weather is incredibly polarized as record cold hits Australia at the same time record heat hit's Europe.

Aussieland

"It's coming from a long way south and there's not really any humidity in the air at all, so it's very, very dry… allowing the temperatures to fall away very sharply overnight," Bureau of Meteorology forecaster Rick Threlfall told Weatherzone.

I find it very interesting that our weather patterns are matching our social paradigms currently.

Do you think the stars/ planets have anything to do with it?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

It's a blast of cold air, as for the average the weather is warm, in fact abnormally warm for the middle of winter, I'm still wearing shorts and t shirt during the day, people are swimming in the ocean, granted it's been a little cold in the mornings that's about it though.im on the east coast .
edit on 27-7-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Cold, windy, spiders, snakes and crocodiles. Stay away, this place sucks.

I had to break out the jeans a few weeks ago - not happy Jan.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

lol Thats the one place in the world outside the USA i would like to visit.

Bucket list..

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Yep it started at least a couple of weeks ago. Also Japan is being flooded with two months of rain in just about 10 hours..Other times they are calling it once in a 1000 year event

youtu.be...

edit on 727thk18 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Chilliest temps in decades. Cold=warm therefore must be global warming.

A cold snap has delivered some of the chilliest temperatures in decades to parts of Australia’s east coast, with more frosty mornings to come.
www.9news.com.au...

edit on 27-7-2018 by atsgrounded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

oh I really like that channel and missed the video thanks!

we just got dumped on for a week straight as well, floods everywhere

link   

Solar minimum rearing its ugly head?

But that can't be. Every 'important' scientist out would never link our current weather to that great glowing orb in the sky. Silly me.

link   
a reply to: atsgrounded

I'm on the maunder minimum entering a cooling phase kick

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Solar minimum rearing its ugly head?

But that can't be. Every 'important' scientist out would never link our current weather to that great glowing orb in the sky. Silly me.

our scientist are clueless, you can't use a reductionist method to understand how something that's totally connected works

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I don't know about whats going on further up north, but down here in Melbourne its been an abnormally warm winter, imo.

I work night shift too, so I'm out their in it, during the coldest and darkest part of the day... I think it dropped below freezing maybe once or twice and rarely even hit below 5 degrees during the whole winter.

... Its been an extremely mild winter here, by Melbourne standards.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

www.thesouthafrican.com...

It's been very polarized with extremes varying in both directions and this is global.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Sydney and Brisbane can expect a string of beautiful - and warmer - days from Tuesday, with sunshine-filled maximums in the high teens to low-20s.

Except that it's warming up to very warm for winter temperatures in just a couple of days.

Dubbo's low of -6.0 degrees was its coldest night in 78 years while Lithgow’s -9.3 degrees was the coldest it has been since 1972.

I guess Australia isn't as far south as I thought, if those are the coldest in decades. 🤔

**i just looked at a map. Way, way closer to the equator than I thought.
edit on 27-7-2018 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

Sydney and Bri

Dubbo's low of -6.0 degrees was its coldest night in 78 years while Lithgow’s -9.3 degrees was the coldest it has been since 1972.

I guess Australia isn't as far south as I thought, if those are the coldest in decades. 🤔

**i just looked at a map. Way, way closer to the equator than I thought.

Im actually staying not far from Dubbo and I remember that -6 night vividly, never felt anything like that in my life.
Definitely not normal for this area.
Generally though the days here are much warmer than the average and where once all was green its now brown and dry, rainfall is way below average and farmers are really suffering.
edit on 27-7-2018 by Osirisvset because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

You forgot the Drop Bears.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Global warming will cause increasingly extreme oscillation before it settles at a new stable point.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

LOL, ocean temps vary very little from season to season. I used to catch # for body surfing without a wetsuit in February until I showed my friends that the ocean actually feels warmer than in the summer because the ambient air is closer to the temp of the ocean.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Hottest summer on record in the UK. Records are made to be broken I guess.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Just a blast of Antarctic air and it's winter after all.

I'm at 43 South and I'd class this winter as nowhere near as cold as some previous ones. Haven't even come across any black ice on roads this year and some winters have seen the roads closed because of it

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

I'm living it mate, the media as usual is sensationalist , a couple of cold nights doesn't mean anything at all, like I said it is warmer than the average for this time of year, our winter feels like an English summer.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join