It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record Cold in Australia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

So you expect the weather to return to what you consider normal as the cycle continues then...

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If it is just a natural cycle then no.

Those types of natural cycles last for 100 of years.

If it is just a cycle I expect it to stay like this till the day I die.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Yes the flowering plants certainly know something is going on. The Wattles down here used to be in full bloom by early spring but this year they've been cautiously flowering for a month or so already.

Normally I'd have to take care to not slip down the back steps in the morning because of the ice but so far this year there hasn't been a frost. Looks like summer will be interesting if the European Wasp nests don't get frozen out this year (plague)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It has felt colder this winter but i am getting older

after a look at the bom website it seems temps are about average this winter.

June's mean temp anomaly see's temps at a little above or below average for most of the country.
Monthly mean temperature anomaly for June

From April to June temps have been above average for most of the country.
Three-monthly mean temperature anomaly

While there have been some very cold night this July well below average there has also been some mild days well above average so expect July temps to be around the average also.

originally posted by: Pilgrum
Yes the flowering plants certainly know something is going on. The Wattles down here used to be in full bloom by early spring but this year they've been cautiously flowering for a month or so already.

Some native flora must get over excited for spring and jump the gun when we get a mild winters day. I noticed quite a few plants starting to blossom in the last week as well as insects hatching early. The birds do not seem fooled though as i have not noticed any nesting.

edit on 28-7-2018 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Pilgrum

in America it was the total opposite, it was like we skipped spring and moved right into full blown summer bloom in 2 weeks, oh and it was 2 months later than normal

I had a really hard time finding early season edible mushrooms this year, barely anything
edit on 28-7-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: oddnutz

Actually last week my son and i were walking into town and narrowly missed steppibg on the corpse of a baby bird with bits of shell and some yolk sac still remaining. I think the wild winds we had knocked it out of the tree.

Also in response to you and Pilgrum I had forgotten about Wattle! Usually blooms down here around end of august. Where i live theres no wattle blooming. I know because its one of the few plants i get watery eyes and stuffy nose with.

Speaking of reactions - theres a weed called sticky weed that turns up also just before spring starts. I noticed its already sprouting a few weeks ago.

Also yeah no frosts so far. Had a light frost a couple of weeks ago but that was it.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Ah! This autumn we didnt have many wild mushrooms pop up if at all. The first three months of this year we hardly had any rain so well below monthly averages.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Dunno about record cold where I am in Aus, but it's raining like a mofo, and I love it.

Except being in it. But it sure beats the heat.

Hot water bottle, hot toddy, soothing atmos. Ahhh snuggly!

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

Rain here too - long as it tops up the lakes for us it's all good. Late winter is usually the wettest time of year up to September when the highland snow melts. Got plenty of firewood stored in a dry place so it's not all that bad

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Thank you for the education.
I follow a you tuber who lives in New Zealand and she's talked about torrential rains a few times. I don't suppose your weather is very like New Zealand but again I'm severely unaware and a bit ashamed that I haven't bothered to learn about weather patterns down under. I'm aware of the typhoons that hit the Pacific I'm aware of the storms that hit India.
I know the weather patterns for Europe.
I will do better. It's not for lack of interest. I'm very interested in weather.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

The U.S. is like that . North it's colder and southern Florida is the tropics.
I'm in the middle weather wise. On the east coast south of D.C..
Winters are generally mild . Summers hot and muggy. Autumn is a magic golden season where the weather is mild, the humidity drops and rainfall subsides and the sun is still summer warm. I love fall here in Virginia. We've eaten thanksgiving dinner outdoors quite often.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

We had a nice long lashing of hail this afternoon!

Love the cold. Loathe the increasingly dry, longer, hotter summers.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join