It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found ATS after searching, "Why are so many people still asleep?"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The name I was given is Erick, I was born in a third world, poor, God forsaken tiny country in Central America called Honduras. I was there until the age of about 4, came to the U.S, brought here to reunite with my mother. The world I had known until that time was a very hostile world; I had been abandoned, mistreated, bullied, humiliated, and even molested, often by the same family that was supposed to be looking out for me. Even though I was very young, those memories have stuck with me and played a crucial role in my development.

Once here, I tried to be the prodigal child. I tried to do everything I was told, tried to do my best to impress everyone, to be liked. I went to school and never questioned anything, never was taught to question anything. I played the game and got caught up in the dream, I believed as the majority believed and didn't liked being on the side the opposed the majority. It wasn't until I got out of high school that I began to see the world, the way people whom are trying to make a decent living are treated, because of their lack up resources, therefore lack of voice, lack of power. I had a very strong feeling like this wasn't the problem but rather a symptom of a much larger issue. I heard some people like George Carlin spit the truth so I went home and began something that till this day I still pursue.

That would be the pursuit of knowledge because even fake information is destroyed by knowledge. Since the "education" system had failed me miserably and taught me nothing even after branding me as “ready for the world” as they left me empty, I began searching the largest database of information to attempt to find something, anything that made more sense than the garbage I had been taught to regurgitate at school to get an A+ to make my parents proud.

I began listening to Michael Tellinger, who spoke of the ancient Gold Mines in Africa, millions of them. I began to learn about our Alternate hidden history that isn't taught in school despite the overwhelming evidence. I'd say the majority of people don't know that the Ancient Sumerian/Babylonian cuneiform tablets teach us our true history, truth bombs that people don’t want to hear like that the Bible is a revision of those tablets that has been heavily redacted by the powers at be. They talk about how this race of beings from another world created us in their image. I've learned about the current social operating systems that were implemented by the ruling elite, a very small handful of people, with the agenda of spreading disinformation, maintaining authoritarian rule from the shadows under the guise of a democratic republic that fights for truth and freedom. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Most importantly I learned who I am, I listened to Greg Braden whom has continued to pursue this question much longer than I have been alive, He taught me how the people of long ago knew much more about what it meant to be human than we do nowadays. I learned about the flower of life, how it’s the result of a vibration that creates everything in existence both visible and not and how the first Flowers of life that are all over the world have unknown origins. I learned about sacred geometry, the five elements of all reality. About vortex based mathematics and how numbers themselves are alive and create all of reality as we know it. I began to practice meditation and even joined a Native American tribe to learn more and participate in the Ayahuasca Ceremony which was an unforgettable experience which revealed more truth and perspective about reality in two days than I have had my entire life. I joined various organizations which don't really do much, like the Ubuntu movement and the Zeitgeist movement. I was tore up when Jacque Fresco died; he was truly a brilliant mind this social engineer.

Moving on, I feel as though the majority of my questions have been answered. Before I continue, a little about my surroundings: I live in North Carolina, a small town called Mount Olive (famous for its pickles, I'd know, the whole town reeks of vinegar). Close to Goldsboro which is home of the Seymour Johnson Air Force Base; so, plenty of military brats, personnel and soldiers anytime I go eat out on payday. I don't really talk to them but just observe, I listen to people and watch behavior. I'm 31 years old and I reserve most of my words because I've noticed that people around me just aren't familiar with anything. Not with the true, U.S history and the long list of false flags and imperialism, not with the foods and how their poisoned, not with the current banking cartel, with the money laundering, with the fake propaganda that is spread by the big 5. They're only familiar with their immediate surroundings and I have gained a reputation among "friends" as a crazy. I'm Hispanic so they just say, “Erick esta loco.“
Hahahahaha, I always laugh at this thought and smile because at this point in my life, being labeled as crazy is almost a like a badge of honor; besides, I really stopped caring how people perceived me quite a while back. I've been trying to wake people up to the reality but instead they say that I'm out of touch with reality. So I stopped caring, out of boredom googled an obvious question which sent me here. I hope this is a sign, I know there has to be plenty of people whom care and are aware of things much bigger than their immediate surrounds. I'm happy to be here and hope that I can be a positive influence on all. Maybe I have lost my mind like everyone else in this world, only difference I can really perceive is that I am happy and at peace with myself and made my peace with the world I inhabit. I am no longer against anyone or anything. We are all free beings and some will choose ignorance because ignorance is bliss to them. I will not hate anyone because of the choices they made. Blessings to all.

edit on 27-7-2018 by SpiritWarrior369 because: Typos

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SpiritWarrior369

Welcome..

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Thank you so much. I just want to find, like minded individuals whom are anxious to share knowledge without the hassle of biases. In other words, open minded non-judgmental individuals because quite frankly, the Christian Vs. Atheists "discussions" on FB were at best, ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Nice to meet you. I wouldn't want to live in South America, there are too many bugs down there.

Up where we live, we only get biting bugs about three months of the year, the rest of the time they are too cold to move.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Bienvenido al manicomio.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Holy S#. I second that welcome. I hope you are active because you can throw out some great ideas on how to make this place better.

You have some of the greatest ground work imaginable. You have been on both sides of the world, the yin and yang. You have a great foundation for critical thought, which it appears you utilize often. I would never be remorseful of the experience and the road trip that you have traveled. It also looks like your goal is off in the distance, somewhere far far down the road.

I salute you fellow traveler.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Nice introduction! I think you will find some good conversation here, along with some bickering

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

First welcome to ats.

2ed , my advice is to try and not give out so many personally details such as real name and town you live in. Just safer that way.

3rd, I love here stories like yours. If you wrote this story in a book I would read it. That something to think about if you ever feel like you want to create some art.

4th, please continue your search of truth regardless of what people think.

You sound like the type of person that will bring some good debate to ats and that is always a good thing.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Welcome. To your ''headline'' why are so many people asleep?'' My guess is this is because there are some people who believe themselves to be ''awake'' and some of those people frequent this website and like to proclaim their ''awakeness'' while branding all others as ''being asleep". Oft times those who feel themselves ''awake'' choose to call those who they think are '' asleep'' sheeple in reference to how easily the masses of people seem to be herded and controlled like near mindless farm animals not realizing in their own ''awakeness'' that they too are controlled by by the very same forces.

My take is simple in a way, we are all awake to a degree, just awake to the different needs of our own spiritual inclinations. In this light I suppose that it is necessary for some to feel ''special'' or '''awake'' by comparing themselves to others who are not. I don't know that anyone chooses ignorance, rather they have chosen other forms of intelligence in line with their own higher spiritual experiences in this physical life. I think not hating people for the choices they made is very wise because there may be very little choice in most of the decisions any of us make.

Again, welcome to ATS and here is hoping that you find more of what you search for among the tirades, rants and speculations to be found on these pages.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

without the hassle of biases.

That doesn't exist.
You will find a lot of biased people here. Even those like myself that try real hard not to be can't get away from it.
You to will sound biased sometimes.

Just try and forgive us and see the points that we are trying to make. Look past the bias if you can. It's rare for an ats member to be nothing but bias but there are a few.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

the Christian Vs. Atheists "discussions" on FB were at best, ridiculous.

Don't worry we here tend to not let each other get away with being ridiculous.
We strive for a logic and fact based forum. Even when it comes to religion.

here at ats if you claim jesus had blond hair and blue eyes you better have an essays worth of info to back it up. lol

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Best intro ever!!!

Bienvenido a nuestros foros

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Yeah, I hope to see this guy in our international discussions.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Welcome SpiritWarrior369. Looking forward to reading what you share on these forums and wishing you many blessings and peace in your life.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Welcome.

Newbie myself...

Did you ever see any Machine Elves??

And I know those pickles you speak of; always got in trouble with the parents for sticking my arm down into the pickle jar, grabbing those whole, pickled dill cucumbers

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
DP
edit on 27-7-2018 by Cravens because: DP

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I have to say, it sounds like Honduras lost a good one when you left ! Welcome.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky I apologize for my ignorance, I haven't ever really been involved in forums but have often wanted to. My access to the internet is at the mercy of my providers for the time being since I live more in the rural area. I thank you for your very friendly welcome. I'd love to develop a presence in the internet community among truth seekers. Quick question, How do I add people I'd like to follow up here?

Thank all of you whom have taken the time to welcome me. I really appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

I've visited the place not to long ago to meet family members. I hate to say this but despite the unlivable conditions, the corrupt "law enforcement" agencies. Honduras is about 50 years back because of the whole Male Chauvinism culture. Women are often viewed as objects to be owned.

I'm not trying to judge but, If I'm crazy here . . . Down there, I'm completely lost and gone from their reality. They would never understand. Even my family whom is doing well off for themselves money wise seems to be struggling with their own inner demons. Intoxication is almost an everyday thing, I was just the pretext at the moment lol.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Damn, you might actually stay around for a while? Excellent. I admit, reading through your OP, it almost seemed too good to be true, but you are the real deal huh?

There are a few ways that I follow. One of my favorite is clicking on the 'myATS' icon in the upper right hand corner and that will bring you to a custom like page that will have your subscriptions (I think you have to click on the flag of a thread to save is as such). I usually subscribe to threads I comment on, making it easier to track this way.

A simple option is to just click on a username or handle. That will bring you into that users profile with all responses and threads they have created.

The last option that I use is to add someone as a friend if you wanted to follow them or announce some type of affiliation. You would click on their username/profile, navigate to the tab labeled as 'wall', then you can click and add them as a friend. Then you can just click on your own username/handle and navigate to your wall and all of those users will be just a click away.

Good luck!! ... Maybe others will share how they navigate this site, it would be interesting to see how others stay in touch.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join