It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is your game strong?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I hope I have the right forum for this, I am curious as well. Lets put ALL politics aside for once, I have a real question.
What game system do you play on and what games do you favor. If there are any that play what I play lets play!
Also, what set up do you have or you plan to get or just dream of having?

I am an xbox one gamer, I am pretty much into shooters racing and puzzle games, im not as awesome as I once was because I am getting older and my son is showing me up on my age (sometimes) But I am stoked for Halo 6, im a big Halo person, I was the guy lugging my box tv around and LANNING up for an all nighter of Halo CE. I loved Conkers bad fur day, Quake, Doom, Turok Rage Wars, 007, Perfect Dark, oldies but goodies.

Ok, now I just play, some fortnight, doom, Halo, Halo wars, Division, im giving destiny my middle finger and boycotting them, rocket league, GTA 5, Far Cry 5, im sure there are others just cant think of them all. I am anticipating Halo infinite, Anthem, and Crackdown 3 fa show.

Right now I have my 55inch, HDR gaming looks pretty rad, but now that I have my house my basement will get a new 65" in the fall, im going to buy a good one this time, i've always bought budget TV's but im looking for one with atleast 120HZ, HDR, 4K, etc, I have my eyes on one right now, i'll be bringing my 55" downstairs aswell for my computer so i'll have them both side by side, my switch will be hooked up to it. I have my Yamaha receiver with my two 12" MTX pro speakers which will be blowing the sound away, I know it's not surround but maybe eventually i'll get surround sound in the future. My dream set would be stupid, im not going to get into that. If anybody plays what I play on the xbox inbox me.

What is it you prefer my lovely people of ATS?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I'm a PC gamer.
Grew up playing:
Half Life
Counter Strike
Day of Defeat
Ricochet

MY FAVORITE OF THEM ALL TEAM FORTRESS CLASSIC (EFF TF2 THAT GAME WAS CRAP COMPARED)
etc...

Then in my teen years I played the hell out of Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2. I think I have about 2k hours on each.

Then I burnt myself out on Steam and the last 2 years I've been playing...... wait for it.... please don't laugh... well don't do it in my face.....

ROBLOX!

Yes. I like the first person shooters/ counter strike rip offs/ on there. My 3 year old likes to watch me play. Except he's usually shouting "PLAY AN OBBY! OBBY! oBbY MoMmY!!!!"

Lord.

I also recently got us a VR headset....... but.... I don't care for many of the games yet so... someone's father uses it for.... adult purposes when I'm away LOL

His dad has an xbox one but I'm honestly a crappy console player. I would stomp anyone out on the original halo multiplayer but.... not any of these new games!

What's next? Well, we'd really like to try out the PS4. We had a PS3 for a few months before it bluescreened and became a good target for firing guns on his families farm.

I'd really like to see my son get into PC gaming because I think it will be a fantastic submersion into the world of technology. I know it was for me. I wouldn't be the great keyboard typist that I am without having had such experiences. I wouldn't know jack about HTML or CSS or JAVA etc.... if not for getting into games.... (and maybe trying to figure out how I could hack like the best of them when I was a frustrated youngster.... plus MODS. MODS were kind of tricky to install back then, now you just use the steam workshop)

-Alee
edit on 7/24/2018 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Nice, my oldest son is 13 today actually, he prefers console gaming, my youngest son is 10 (4:20 baby) he prefers gaming PC. I built them a computer last Christmas and my youngest prefers keyboard and mouse, so I opened a steam account for him and he plays Five nights at freddy's, minecraft, fort nite and ..... you guessed it, roblox lol. The VR has always been curious for me but I figured I will wait until it starts to become more mainstream.

OH btw, I use to play the crap out of left for dead too, I almost forgot about those games, intense!!!
edit on 24-7-2018 by xBWOMPx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: xBWOMPx

My game used to be strong

Back about 10-11 years ago I was constantly playing COD and Fifa online on 360 and texas hold them on the internet.

Fast forward 11 years... Married professional (so they say) not much time to game anymore. Still have my 360, have a ps4 and some games I play with. COD Nazi Zombies the first maps are still my fav to this day. Occasional GTA 5 when I am pissed off and just wanna do random damage
No Man's Sky if I have a few hours to do the same thing over and over again... Fallout 4, because I loved 3

And to my surprise, now I get bored of them games pretty quickly (except Nazi zombies I can play that online for days)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

Yee, I find myself getting bored, I think im on more or less for the social aspect of it, if nobody is online im not really playing as much as I use too... Until Halo infinite comes out, i'll be banging that game out like a 16 year old in lust!

You ever wanna do random damage on GTA 5 HMU and we will do the best we can!

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

My thing will be DayZ Standalone if it ever comes out on any consol, hoping it will be PS4. As sick as it may be, I've watched hours of YT vids about that game, there are some dudes who are making episodes, kinda like a tv show, of their gameplay and some of them are pretty amazin

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Playstation, always been my favourite, though I have pretty much had every console since I was like 5 years old in the 90s. Nowadays though I just stick to my ps4, I've gamed on pc here and there but mostly find it annoying, I love the ''everything just works'' world of consoles more!

My preffered games are, single player, stealth, fantasy, RPG, sci fi, horror etc I am not a big fan of shooters, besides Wolfenstein. I love story driven games .. as much as I love gameplay, probably why the Last of us is my most favourite game ever!

A few of my favourite modern games ..

The last of us
Dishonored 1 and 2
Batman Arkham games
Uncharted games
Bioshock (just the first one ...3 was ok)
The witcher series
Infamous ...specifically number 2
Half life 2
Assassins creed franchise
Trials ... it's just fun and frustrating

Just off the top of my head

edit on VamTuesday53am731 by valiant because: Batman

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I still play my SNES. Tecmo Superbowl and Monopoly.
I have a Saturn too but it's a pain to hook up.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Trials is most definitely fun and frustrating, makes your body move and your tongue stick out!

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

LOL time to update your game bro!

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I ruined a controller playing Trials fusion ... I won't elaborate on that

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: valiant

I ruined a controller playing Trials fusion ... I won't elaborate on that

You dont have to, I feel you!
but when you win its rewarding!

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: xBWOMPx

LOL time to update you game bro!

I had fun with the Wii before my body gave out.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: xBWOMPx

LOL time to update you game bro!

I had fun with the Wii before my body gave out.

Switch to the switch

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Nothing ruins controllers, tv screens, or the game disk itself more than Fifa

And I won't elaborate on that either....

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

I know your pain, I swear every year I'm not getting it, then I do ... and lose my sanity!

I'm not getting fifa 19 .... Ahem

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

You decide:

vimeo.com...

A little promo vid for a friend, 4K clicks strong.

Then there was BF2, I had a real blaze with all the teamwork in Project Reality. At some point I wrecked my cheap wheel and decided to jump on sims like CIV5, which was bad, and EU4. Awesome stuff, the revolutionary Commies from Dithmarschen rule the trade from Malakka to Europe at this point.

I'm thinking about a new wheel and I-Racing, any tips from insiders?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I still have my old 3lb gray Gameboy with the green screen.
And the original Tetris.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Wrong ‘game’, I read thread title and thought of my ‘panty-dropping game’...carry on.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I'm still rocking the xbox 360 playing Lego starwars.
But I do have HDTV, I'm not a monster.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join