It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops called on women breastfeeding their kids, then dozens of breastfeeding moms show up to protest

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

yea i get your point.

However in the majority of civilized societies i do not think breast feeding in public has been accepted as the norm as far as doing it uncovered.

I am not saying that nude beaches do not exist in a civilized society or that your is not civilized. I am saying that overall most societies where it is somewhat taboo to show female breast have always sought cover of some sort when it comes to breast feeding.

We have laws in the usa that say it is illegal to be in public while nude. Personally i think a woman is legally free in the usa to breast feed wherever she wants but should use some form of cover when doing it in full view of others.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

It's not a new concept. Women did it through all of history except for a few short decades in the middle of the 20th century as the western world embraced the pre-packaged food mentality. Then we realized mother nature probably got it more right than we did.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Why is it taboo for females to go topless in your world? It is not taboo in my world, and breastfeeding, as I said, meh, the breast is a functional tool then, feel more sorry for the mother who is doing it, sore nipples and all the rest of it.
Nobody bats an eyelid here if a woman is feeding her child in public. It seems weird to me that anyone would have a problem, but then I grew up like that so it's normal to see a mother feeding her child.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I think conditioning is the reason why. It is mostly done through tv by not allowing such on the public waves. Of coarse my ats reason is that we have different operating parameters and such taboos are just an aspect of our programming in order to garner different types of energy. It stems from all the ladies and gentleman rules we were givin by the brits i suppose. It is considered proper.

Now givin our conditioning in the usa it is not prudent for a woman to show her goodies because we have been sheltered from such. Think of it like eating in front of a starving person without offering any food to them. It likely creates ill thoughts in the mind of the one starving of just taking what is needed and what is being kept from them.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: riiver

It's not a new concept. Women did it through all of history except for a few short decades in the middle of the 20th century as the western world embraced the pre-packaged food mentality. Then we realized mother nature probably got it more right than we did.

I am gonna have to research this a bit. I hear what you are saying but on the other hand i am thinking that most cultures knew that there is much energy involved and while feeding. I am off to do a first...read about boobies

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
If people think this is nasty, consider the fact we are the only mammals that drink milk from another species breasts or (utters). We don't even drink milk from our own species after infancy which should be the end to drinking milk after that. Humans are weird I tell ya.

If people think this is nasty, tell them about the Dr. who got stuck in his minivan with a six month old son for ten days in the woods due to a blizzard.

When they located the car and grabbed the Vicks to wipe under the nose and pull some peoplecicles out however the man and his son both emerged from the car alive. Weak and hungry, but alive.

It turns out that this doctor was aware of a little known, both strangely yucky and beautiful as can be fact and that is if a father is in a situation where his body is aware that his offspring is in a life or death situation, allowing the baby to suckle and making him keep at it will trigger hormones in the nipple to go to the brain and force lactation so he could feed his baby...nothing near what a mother could but just enough to keep him alive through the week and a few days where the baby would have certainly died had he not known this since people can go 21-28 days and maybe a few days more with no food but infants aren't able to put such a necessity on the back burner like someone with a lifetime of stored fat can.

Breastfeeding is nothing short of a gift from God and from what it seems, just about as intimate and one on one a connection that two mammals can establish between one another. It is both a chore for mom which might become just a habit and scheduled practice but to the baby, it is the one place where he just relaxes into a state of absolute security and comfort as he begins to learn what it is not know someone and develop a social relationship with someone and the act itself the easiest way to protect him and his health years down the road and to give him the affection needed to stay alive as was proved by the famous experiment at the turn of the century where a hundred orphans were held by nuns and caressed while having a bottle, told, "I love you," and tucked into bed and then 100 orphans who were fed silently and by the same nuns while wearing gloves and then put to bed. At the end of the experiment, 97 babies were alive and well from the former group where every one of the babies died in the course of the experiment who were not given the affection the others were which solved a philosophical and scientific question people had always wondered, do we require food, air and water to survive or food, air, water, and love? I'd go into how this is important in regards to a few modern day unfortunate realities as the implications are outrageous and tragic but I am off topic enough as it is.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Not really sure why this is even an issue. Nothing unusual about nursing or childcare

Glad to see so many mothers nursing naturally, though

...and for those who have an issue with this? I guess look away. Although I can't imagine why it would truly be an issue. Back in the day the whole lot of us would shower together after our shifts ended, and believe me I saw things I wish I didn't... but at the end of the day, who cares? It is human anatomy. Nothing new, strange or unusual there. As I'd always think to myself: "if that is the worst thing that happens to you today..........thank the Lord"

Sure, maybe on occasion you won't be able to keep food down for a few hours (har har) but this seems to be folks making an issue of something for the sake of making an issue

(as a side note, I'd personally be more concerned with those choosing to stare rather than simply look away/mind their own business)
edit on 7/29/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Not really sure why this is even an issue. Nothing unusual about nursing or childcare
Glad to see so many mothers nursing naturally, though

To each their own I say say ..... ......it is or should be a a matter of

personal choice

A doctor who is often on TV and in the news to discuss medical matters said

on a programme that it was OK to bottle feed, as it wasn't so easy for all

women for different reasons to breast feed, and said there was a lot of hype

about the benefits of doing so that were exaggerated and being pushed by

*the brestfeeding mafia.* that was her personal medical opinion.

Now these 'militant' sjw breast feeding mafia are calling for her to be

disbarred.

If we are not careful we soon will not on any subject have any

*FREEDOM OF CHOICE*

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Thankfully, these self-righteous, authority alerting busy bodies are starting to be forced into extinction. It is going to take a bit more time, but the writing is on the wall. It is a new morality, and one that uses logic as a sounding board.

Nurturing a child by breast feeding is humanity, and if the mother decides to show it, you have the right to look or turn away.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join