It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yikes! Tesla is asking suppliers to REFUND PAYMENTS.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Give it time. After the global crash coming within eight to twelve months, Apple is going down, despite current perceptions.

Have you ever been in a professional recording studio, or anywhere where anybody does visual arts, video editing, or recording on a professional level?

I'm no Apple fan, but they're not going anywhere.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
This is their problem. They are no longer cutting edge. The new phones aren't really compelling over older phones.

It doesn't matter to many, it's still their 'go to' manufacturer. Just like there used to be, and still are, 'Ford people' and 'Chevy people'. Both companies turned out crap for awhile compared to other companies yet it took decades for that to catch up to them.

It's a cult of personality which accomplishes the goal they wanted, they could sell some people a iPrincess Phone and still probably make a boatload, it's not a rational purchase, it's emotional.

ETA: We're all kinda going off-topic, the thread is about the snake oil salesman Musk, not Apple.

edit on 23-7-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Tesla makes a great product. While I know why they went public, it was their biggest mistake imho. They are under too much pressure from short term investors.

They should have just focused on quality and manufacturing instead of rushing to get so many model 3 cars out the door. So what if there is a long wait. Just makes the car that much more desirable.

The capital required to start a mass market car company from scratch is extreme. It hasn't been done in like 100 years.

I suspect Tesla will get acquired by another car company as a subbrand.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Apple is next.
A grand for a phone...ugh

One could only hope. I used to sell phones, and I never once understood why people chose those over the other options. You could point out other options that were not only cheaper, but had more options at the time, and the most common rebuttal was "but it's an iphone".

So here's to hoping you're right.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

In my original post I said the Tesla cool aid is wearing off and apple is next.
I stand by that.
Tesla has never been profitable.
Apple has been.

Both companies sold an image.
Only one ever delivered.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Give it time. After the global crash coming within eight to twelve months, Apple is going down, despite current perceptions.

Have you ever been in a professional recording studio, or anywhere where anybody does visual arts, video editing, or recording on a professional level?

A lot of IT professionals use Apple MacBooks as well. Super reliable products with an Operating System that is much better than Windows. The only reason I’d buy a PC laptop would be for gaming, but even now with eGPU support, that’s now possible with macOS..(But crazy expensive).

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

ETA: We're all kinda going off-topic, the thread is about the snake oil salesman Musk, not Apple.

You're correct. So, I'll use an analogy to hopefully get from Apple to Tesla (and back on-topic)

Apple exists (now) because it deals with what I would characterize as 'analog environments' better than MS or LINUX which are openly 'digital environments'. Tesla doesn't have this same stark contrast to use as an identifier or distinguishing factor. Yes, their cars are electric and most others are combustion engines or hybrids, but that's not enough today. People are realizing it's the battery technology which is the constraint (probably the larger part of Musks business ventures / direction now). "Tesla" is the driving force why they went into this to begin with. Those battery constraints (cost, environmental and useful lifespan) put the electric car right back into the same focus as the combustion engine just with different factors.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

In my original post I said the Tesla cool aid is wearing off and apple is next.
I stand by that.
Tesla has never been profitable.
Apple has been.

Both companies sold an image.
Only one ever delivered.

Apple was close to going out of business. I remember when shares were in the teens during John sculley tenure.

They were never a major PC player outside of arts.

Never really made money until around late 90s early 2000s with introduction of iMac and they beat everyone to the punch with ipod and apple music.

Apple thrived due to demographic shift and consumer taste catching up to what they were offering.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I brought this idea up in another Tesla is doomed thread about Ford or Chrysler buying them out. Regardless of the Musk-man, I would like to see Tesla's IDEAs carry on. I fear this is along the lines of a "who killed the electric car" conspiracy.

Interestingly, Apple probably has enough cash reserves to buy Tesla and fund mass production. Hello worls....meet the new I-car. Just plug in your I pad and go.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Tesla has shown there is a market for well designed electric cars and that electric cars are not slow.

They reality is that 99 percent of drivers dont need a range longer than is available now. People want normal and performance cars that are electric, not glorified golf carts which is what manufacturers had been pushing prior to tesla.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

The problem is that Tesla hasn't made anything that wasn't already invented by someone else.
Electric cars are basically batteries and a motor.
They haven't made any major advances in those fields.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

I brought this idea up in another Tesla is doomed thread about Ford or Chrysler buying them out. Regardless of the Musk-man, I would like to see Tesla's IDEAs carry on. I fear this is along the lines of a "who killed the electric car" conspiracy.

Interestingly, Apple probably has enough cash reserves to buy Tesla and fund mass production. Hello worls....meet the new I-car. Just plug in your I pad and go.

The big issue with Tesla being acquired is that I think legacy car companies dont get it... meaning they'd kill all the things that make Tesla appealing. Think about the dealership model and how it is loathed by consumers. Tesla went against that... think about how you can upgrade a Tesla system whereas legacy cars basically want you to buy a new car.

I think once Tesla figures out the mfg processor on a large scale they could survive. Their biggest threat will be legacy companies offering competitive products. Right now I'd you want a sexy or fast electric car there aren't any other options.

Jaguars ipace has been getting good reviews though.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

I should’ve been more specific, was referring to the phone.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

My neighbor has one and the Ludicrous mode is just that! Someone in the US best step up cuz the Germans are catching up fast. We had a big head start as Europe pushed for the nasty-arse diesel crap, and now we are gonna piss it away. We could put up a wind turbine at every gas station along the highways for a start. What happened to Tesla's Semi truck????

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

The semi truck is a joke.
The weight of the battery would be half of the allowed payload capacity.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Huh? That's like comparing a Me-262 to an F-22. You ridden in a new Tesla?????

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

True that. GM let the oil companies ruin their electric car. Even each state had issues with him selling across state line. I think its a case of when gasoline replaced the horse...horse peeps were mad.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

No, I'm still waiting for delivery like everyone else

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

The payload is on the trailer. You ever picked up a Cummins diesel and transmission?? Plus the 300 gallon saddle tanks?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Post your order form. As mentioned, my neighbor had his.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join