It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Lagomorphe
I see your cheesy tune and raise you with this...

Raised :

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I actually liked the Star Trecking song...but I was only a child when it was on the radio lol

...right, off to the beach, quick dip cool down, I look forward to the musical gems y'all can find on the jukebox

EDIT
Hahaha!!!
edit on 3-8-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I actually liked the Star Trecking song...but I was only a child when it was on the radio lol

...right, off to the beach, quick dip cool down, I look forward to the musical gems y'all can find on the jukebox

Smarmy sod...

Right, off to put my feet in a bowl of cold water...

Whos going to be jealous when i'm down in the South of France in 2 weeks... Buwhahahaha

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Have some of this:

Motorhead covers David Bowie "Heroes"

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Looks like everyone has buggered off for a dip or something so I am heading home for a G&T in the paddling pool.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Back now refreshed

South of France? Meh, I probably would be jealous if it was so full of French people haha

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
Brilliant cover! Better than Bowie's in my opinion

a reply to: oldcarpy
Who needs the sea when youhave a paddling pool and G&T's...girls drink mind you, but I get the spirit of it!

EDIT
I despair with our society!
I was just reading an article about the new craze for 'wild swimming', I mean WTF???!!!
It's just swimming, be it the sea, a lake, or a river, something people outside of inland cities have probably done all their lives, I have.
Typical middle class bull# buzzword to make something people have done for thousands of years seem like a cool and trendy hipster thing to do.
I can imagine it now, guys with hipster beards and man-bun hair saying "Ya man, let's go wild swimming, and have a few Prosecco's after, it will be an adventure". Give me a break, wild swimming like it's a special thing now, it's called swimming, nothing wild about it, pathetic.
[/rant]

edit on 3-8-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuyProsecco??? Prosecco???? No, no their in drink is pink gin. Why can't they have a manly drink like baileys with ice. Ooooooh, chase me.
Just had fries liver and onions with new potatoes and garden peas. Please put that on the menu.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
Pink Gin hahaha! Yes!
How they manage to do any actual 'wild' swimming in between taking selfies though I can only imagine, maybe waterproof cameras?
Fried liver and onions with new potatoes and garden peas is now on the menu £4.50 Adults, Childrens deal £3.00. I won't touch it though, liver, ugh yuck!
Now a song on the jukebox dedicated to hipster 'wild' swimmers everywhere...

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
All cutlery is cleaned to perfection in the banter cafe, our Macedonian dishwasher makes sure of it or it's a phonecall to the UK immigration service.
This is how much we value cleanliness at this caff...

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Oh Ed Milliband popped in for a bacon sandwich earlier, he couldn't quite handle it though, good job he didn't supersize it lol
(For non UK members, he was leader of the opposition 'left' party of Britain)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
is this place still open?

my family is on vacation and my daughter and I are hungry but the wife is napping. might as well pop in for a coffee while I wait for her to wake up. we're thinking about going to dinner at a place that boasts of their milkshakes. "best in the world", they claim. this is one tourist flytrap I'll happily buzz into.

do those new LED headlights bother anyone else while driving at night? they're SO DAMN BRIGHT! how is it that those things are legal?

I'm no good at small talk, someone help me out here.

edit on 4/8/2018 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses
24 hrs, busy at times more than others

Those LED car headlights! I'm with you, there have been times on single lane backroads I've just held the wheel straight and hoped for the best, blinded!
I do as little driving in darkness as possible, it's not a pleasure at all, I had to drive back from Bradford in the dark and heavy rain, those #ing LED lights were a nightmare...yep, time to march on London and protest!

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
One of the few things I insist on is a traditional Sunday dinner.
However, on my tod today and can't be arsed to cook for myself - normally enjoy cooking but its a lazy Sunday for me.

So, I think its a full Chicken Parmo Hotshot whilst I continue watching The Mighty Leeds.

Going off on a tangent, I recognise that fashions and trends change, as they should, but I don't get the whole beardo thing.
And whilst I'm on it, what's with all these double barrelled surnames?

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
I normally go sloping around my mates house around this time because Sunday dinner is always going there usually. They're away camping this weekend though, and I can't be arsed cooking one for myself.
Oh, Leeds did well

...I've always got some length of beard, I just clip when it annoys me, but some blokes must take longer than my niece does to get ready in the morning, preening and shaping their face-bushes lol

I nearly did a double barrelled name with my ex-wife for a laugh when we got married. Mine has 5 syllables and her 4 though so it wasn't really practical.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Nothing really against the normal sort of beard - its the whole hipster beardo bollocks I don't get.

I really hope I don't sound like my parents when I say that!

Double barrelled names - they're simply a mouthful.
They were a rarity when I was growing up and those that had them tended come from the more affluent sections of society.
Now, they're ten a penny, everyone seems to have one.

Maybe I'm more set in my ways than I care to admit!

The Mighty Leeds were impressive - early days but maybe, just maybe, things are looking up.
And Celtic seeking an amazing treble treble, promises to be a great season.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Wild swimming? Bloody hell - yes, it's just swimming. Coasteering is another nonsense thing.

"Pan-fried" is another that gets me. What else would you fry something in?

LED headlights are indeed a pain. And people that have their rear fog lights on in the rain.

And of course BMW and Audi A3 drivers in general.

Grrrr…..

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   

a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses
there have been times on single lane backroads I've just held the wheel straight and hoped for the best, blinded!

Same. I have actually had the thought "I don't feel as if I've fulfilled my spiritual mission on earth but if the good lord wants to take me now, who am I to argue?"

It's a strange thought to have when you're running out for French fries.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: CornishCeltGuyProsecco??? Prosecco???? No, no their in drink is pink gin. Why can't they have a manly drink like baileys with ice. Ooooooh, chase me.
Just had fries liver and onions with new potatoes and garden peas. Please put that on the menu.

Oh dear... and I thought I was posh (or some of my old Yorkshire mates like to put it) "A bit of a shirt lifter" for enjoying a nice glass of red wine...

Now I feel that I could rip a tissue or crush a grape after reading that!

Baileys and bloody ice... for heavens sake man... slap a cognac in that glass too!

Warmest manly regards.

Lags

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

"I don't feel as if I've fulfilled my spiritual mission on earth but if the good lord wants to take me now, who am I to argue?"

When the bottom is falling out of your world and you wish to fulfil your spiritual mission here on earth :

DrinK Guinness (about 7 pints) and try a Bradford Korma.

And the world will fall out of your bottom...

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join