It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe
In a Korma for 2 days FFS! Hahaha I love me a cheesy joke!
I'm a mild Indian curry guy myself, can't do burn my mouth out stuff.
May make a curry tonight, haven't had one in ages, been more into Chinese lately, street a few minutes walk from me has food places from all over the world Italian, Napalese, Thai, Chinese, Indian, Greek, Turkish, French, Morroco, Japanese (which all locks yuck), Ethiopean, even Israeli/arab food.
...but there's no banter cafe so no competition for us here lol

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
In a Korma for 2 days FFS! Hahaha I love me a cheesy joke!
I'm a mild Indian curry guy myself, can't do burn my mouth out stuff.
May make a curry tonight, haven't had one in ages, been more into Chinese lately, street a few minutes walk from me has food places from all over the world Italian, Napalese, Thai, Chinese, Indian, Greek, Turkish, French, Morroco, Japanese (which all locks yuck), Ethiopean, even Israeli/arab food.
...but there's no banter cafe so no competition for us here lol

How I miss cold curry sarnies on Sunday mornings when one has carpet mouth syndrome...

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Haha, I do that as well, also works with chicken chow mein

How's the weather in Frenchland mate? Still sunny and hot here, I think I'n hallucinating, Britain has never had a summer like this...I hear talk of the summer of '76 but I don't believe the tales, pics or it didn't happen lol

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Haha, I do that as well, also works with chicken chow mein

How's the weather in Frenchland mate? Still sunny and hot here, I think I'n hallucinating, Britain has never had a summer like this...I hear talk of the summer of '76 but I don't believe the tales, pics or it didn't happen lol

Blummin hot here with temperatures down south near Marseille and Nimes around 40°.

We currently have 36° today and expecting hotter tomorrow and this weekend.

I remember 76 very well in Butlins Filey... I was 7 years old... Peeled my arse off and had my heart broken by a girl who was 5 years older than me and was the local holiday camp "fat slag..." who snogged everyones faces off after the Tuesday evening disco nights closure at 10:00 pm...

Warmest

Lags

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Haha brilliant story mate!

We went to Butlins as a kid, can you imagine people putting up with 70s/80's Butlins standards these days?
Didn't they have a 'baby listening' service where Redcoats walked around listening for babies who might be crying while the parents were in the entertainments hall getting pissed?!
Different worlds lol

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Yeah - cold Chinese next morning out of fridge or (sometimes) the bin if forgot to fridge it (only if lids are still on, mind). I know, I'm totally skanky.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

That is indeed a crap summer song. Cliff Richard? You sadistic bastard.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Been a slight tetchy today - the daughters car broke down.
Obviously I had to arrange the recovery vehicle and organise getting it repaired.

Dear me, nearly forgot the minor detail of paying for the repair as well.

And just for good measure I've bought a little runaround as some sort of back up.

Oh, and I've been looking after the grandson all day as well - not a hardship at all.

I'll use the runaround and my daughter will pay me back.

So, got time for a quick sandwich and cup o'char.

Then it'll be pub o'clock just for a change.... well earned pint is definitely in order tonight.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Pesky kids eh

Pub o'clock you? Never!
I've been off work, took a walk at the beach for a paddle of the feet, coffee and chat with a girl friend at the cafe there in the sun, nice day.
We hook up regularly, it's a flirtatious pretend platonic relationship we have, anyone seeing us out would think we were together, and if after a few beers we sometimes cross into intimacy sometimes, neither of us want the restrictions of a relationship, just the best bits with different people.

I've spoken about stuff like that in relationship threads and I've been crucified by some of the bible thumping and morallity preachers on ATS. Then when I've said it's quite normal and accepted in my society, one member called my society Sodom and Gomorrah PMSL!
It's mad how different we all are as people around the world, oh and quick fact for you, as verified in a peer reviewed study, the sum of people outraged in a society is inversely proportional to the sum of people in a society who enjoy banter.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I am Agnostic.

People can believe what they want, and that's how it should be.

But these overtly religious types boil my piss.

Never heard of 'Let he without sin' and all that?

Who on earth am I, or anyone, to judge anyone else.

What consenting adults getup together has got absolutely nothing to do with me or anybody else.

So keen to impose their moral code on others.....really wish there was a 'shaking your head in disbelief' emoji.

.... the sum of people outraged in a society is inversely proportional to the sum of people in a society who enjoy banter.

I'm sure I'll share this little known pearl-of-wisdom and scientifically verified fact with all and sundry tonight!

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

You're going to make us wait weeks to tell us about your experience? Nothing like keeping us in suspense!

Ooooh, love that song! Thanks for the video!

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

LOL! Ummm...no, I just don't like food that is so hot my mouth is on fire! I'm a more of a sweets kind of gal. Why can't we just live on things like cake and ice cream?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Haha, a shaking head in disbelief emoticon would be cool, I do use SMH sometimes though.
I do put myself out there on ATS about personal stuff like that knowing some folk will be morally outraged. It makes for a fun exchange of replies sometimes, reminds me that there are some societies I wouldn't want to live in lol

...even Snopes haven't found anything to debunk that study about societies which lack banter. Another study indicates that people who live in morally outraged societies live shorter lives due the stress of bio-emotional strains on the heart and central nervous system. It's inconclusive as yet but further research is being carried out.

Enjoy your pint at pub o'clock mate
edit on 2-8-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: typo

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
A pigeon landed right next to me.
He had eyes on my potato chips.
I pulled its head off and had it for lunch.
I am an animal.
No apologies.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
You're going to make us wait weeks to tell us about your experience? Nothing like keeping us in suspense!

Ooooh, love that song! Thanks for the video!

It is a crazy personal story which many people are likely to identify with, and will need to be a thread to be told properly.
We can banter about it in the cafe after I've posted it lol! I kmow, I'm a tease haha.

originally posted by: Night Star
LOL! Ummm...no, I just don't like food that is so hot my mouth is on fire! I'm a more of a sweets kind of gal. Why can't we just live on things like cake and ice cream?
I'm same with spicy food, I want taste, not a burned tongue lol
...and you sound like a friend of mine with the cakes and ice cream

edit on 2-8-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
Haha, I've eaten pigeon, not much meat on them but decent taste.
You should try seagulls from my area mate, they'll divebomb and steal from your hand if you let your guard down and don't keep your burger or whatever close to your chest.

edit on 2-8-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: typo

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Pigeons are flying rats. Seagulls are flying thieves. And they are big and aggressive. Me no like.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
Haha! They clean up all the kebabs and pizza type fast food crap on the pavements after weekend party nights though, they perform a public service lol

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I would be up for some 24/7 banter if there were some folks from a while back still kicking around in a different guise or 2.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

a reply to: nonspecific
Welcome to the cafe fella, people pop in and out all the time so you never know.
Now what'll it be? We haven't got an alcohol licence here but bring your own is ok if you buy food...you need to be specific with your order though.

edit on 2-8-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join