It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There Life After Death? A 2018 Discussion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Words

originally posted by: vinifalou
a reply to: Words

This is what happens to our body.

We're wondering what happens to our consciousness.

Your consciousness is your body.

Wrong.

How can you leave your body and see things outside of it?

It's your consciousness.

You're dismissing the fact that millions of people in the whole world, including members from ATS, have had this experience and you're telling them it's all false/fake?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: xBWOMPx
a reply to: amazing

I have my faith, it took me 35 years to find it, but I have it.

Faith in What? Serious Question.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Christianity, Jesus, im not good at it but im trying, im working on it.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Wrong.

It's your consciousness.

You're dismissing the fact that millions of people in the whole world, including members from ATS, have had this experience and you're telling them it's all false/fake?

You don't leave your body. You just think you did.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Christianity, Jesus, im not good at it but im trying, im working on it.

Without going too deep. How did you find it?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Wrong.

It's your consciousness.

You don't know that though. You'd have be agnostic about the phenomenon, yeah?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

That's your opinion, if everybody knew do you think this question would be asked? Who are you to tell anybody they are wrong?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I do know that because it is impossible and absurd.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I missed it on this thread but your thoughts on life after death are the same? Impossible and absurd?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

I missed it on this thread but your thoughts on life after death are the same? Impossible and absurd?

My thoughts are that we know what happens to us after death, and we have the cadavers to prove it.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Again that's your opinion, why do people think thay have the answer to this??? you would be a million air if you did...
edit on 23-7-2018 by xBWOMPx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

My thoughts are that we know what happens to us after death, and we have the cadavers to prove it.

I get that. I disagree on our consciousness though. I don't think we know anything about that. I think seeing our brain and body functions shut down, doesn't necessarily corroborate to what happens to our consciousness.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Wrong.

It's your consciousness.

OBE's have been successfully recreated through experiments and are found to eminate in the hippocampus. 'GPS' cells and the posterior cingulate cortex have also been linked to this phenomenom.

Interestingly though, people 'see' and experience other such human conditions when in fact, if they were out of their body in some capacity, the very act of seeing wouldnt occur as we know it, or, it would be an entirely different level of perception. One cannot 'see' or 'hear' in the biological sense without the brain and our biological interpretation of the external world so if one was to experience a certain something, it would be entirely alien to everyday experience since the 'vessel' you normally use would effectivly be non-functional and not deciphering anything.

When you look at these things, it does, for me at least sort of prove that these are 'mortal biological experiences'. That in itself doesn't prove there's no afterlife however. If there is, then it must be an entirely unfathomable experience that does not rely on the limitation of sensory perception.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
After my post, someone said prove it, this only brings a smile. The reason is, even if I were to do so there would be denial as it would be so far out of a persons experience. I remember spinning two to three discs on demand in the company of others, then announce they are going to stop, they did. Then I would ask them to think them into motion and it worked. Truly I am unsure if it was my influence or they did it.

What I learned from this was they knew no trickery was afoot, it was real, but in their minds, they turned off with no further interest, even as they also knew it was impossible. Even my grandkids shrugged and walked away. So my conclusion no proof would work for some folks which is ok, reality is the reality and does not need others approval. By the way, my cat is my witness but died some years ago, yet Kelly is still alive and would repeat what she saw LOL>

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Again that's your opinion, why do people think thay have the answer to this??? you would be a million air if you did...

It's not an opinion. It is a demonstrable fact. After death, we return to the earth.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

So, go die then and come back with a new life and tell me all about it.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: sailormon

I said prove it, because nobody can, there are only theories,ideas, opinions. I have my faith, but I can not prove it. This is the ultimate question NOBODY has the answer to. If you did 110% do you think you would still be here? It is only an opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I get that. I disagree on our consciousness though. I don't think we know anything about that. I think seeing our brain and body functions shut down, doesn't necessarily corroborate to what happens to our consciousness.

Try not to get confused by the language here. "Conscious" is an adjective describing aware beings. When we use the term, we're describing living beings, bodies, organisms, and not souls, minds and the like.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

So, go die then and come back with a new life and tell me all about it.

I'll go die and you can watch what happens to me.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Try not to get confused by the language here. "Conscious" is an adjective describing aware beings. When we use the term, we're describing living beings, bodies, organisms, and not souls, minds and the like.

Now your nit picking fights, keep it simple, you knew what they meant, pffft, people and small stuff... You have nothing to prove to anybody here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join