It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Gunn fired as 'Guardians of the Galaxy 3' director after 'indefensible' tweets resurface

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

It's getting a little annoying. I actually think I'm fairly split down the middle on most big issues.

Current political climate is terrible. It's especially terrible online. I don't care who "started it". It's BS and we all need to work on it, even if the offender is "on our side". I've never had someone actually freak out on me in person, even if I took the complete opposite side. I really think a lot of it is approval based, people want those internet points and tend to cater to them, often at the expense of reason and respect.

My Grandmother and I used to argue politics all the time, but there was no disrespect at all. I love her, she loves me, and we both love being able to appreciate the other's argument. What happened to that? Not all people are nazis or liberal candyasses.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Holy snap their folks! It went from 10 years to 5 years in only 1 full page of comments!!! Next it will be 6 months to 2 weeks he hasnt said something relating to NAMBLA NAMBLA NAMBLA mobile.twitter.com...
mobile.twitter.com...
mobile.twitter.com...
mobile.twitter.com...

okay just in case you couldnt open the first few please re read. Unless your apart of the problem please start reading and opening your eye

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
He has been made guilty of speech and thought crimes, and we should defend anyone who falls victim to the thought police. Unless Gunn has committed the acts he has joked about, he is not the evil one.

We dont agree much, but we agree on this point for sure.

The man , disgusting as his comments may be, has comitted no crime.

At what point do we put an end to court held by public opinion?

Are we to abandon our constitution and right to due process?

The speech that needs to be protected is the speech we despise.

No one should be immune to the CONSEQUENCES of what they say, but this case isnt that, this case was TARGETTED, BEGINNING, because he said things about Trump that people didnt like. So they went after him.

Despite the fact that NOTHING of the sort has happened of the like 5yrs on now, nor has he committed any crimes.

Oh and let me guess you only wanna believe in the constitution when it pertains to your 1st amendment but not your 2nd? Look if I'm wrong about that then I am truly sorry and I retract. But if I'm not wrong... maybe you should look at your true self in a mirror

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Yes, this was a slanderous display of bad faith.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Pretty soon they'll be no men left in Hollywood or even in the entertainment field.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: andyr1112

That's pretty rough stuff. They allow that kind of discourse on Twitter? Shouldn't Twitter be blamed too?
edit on 20-7-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

He hasnt committed any crimes you got me their, it that doesnt come anywhere close to excusing his disgraceful comments... it really saddens me to read so many responses supporting this kind of behavior... it's like that recent viral video of ice agents raiding of a known child sex traffickers home and protesters were everywhere in support of this monster just because he was an illegal alien!?!?!? Did People totally miss the sex trafficking part or what?!?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Your right, committing a crime has nothing to do with this vile stuff.

Disney has every right to fire him, having nothing to do with any criminal acts.

Of course, they didn’t have to fire him... but Disney, and their child audience, it’s a no-brainer.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

That's pretty rough stuff. They allow that kind of discourse on Twitter? Shouldn't Twitter be blamed too?

Twitter is sick. Let me enlighten you on something I was told... not sure if it sounds insane or not ugh you be the judge.... so twitters age limit to joining is I believe 13. Well what do twitter and snap chat and facebook all have in common? They ask for permission for all of your files/pictures b4 your allowed access to them yes? Well i remember when I was in high school how popular and new it was to send naked photos of ones self to their bf/gf well that same thing is still very very popular causing controversy for awhile and who has access to all of that none other then twitter/fb/snapchat/Instagram... idk maybe I'm just being a bit nuts but with all this craziness in the world I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.... tinfoil hat is off now

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: andyr1112

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
He has been made guilty of speech and thought crimes, and we should defend anyone who falls victim to the thought police. Unless Gunn has committed the acts he has joked about, he is not the evil one.

We dont agree much, but we agree on this point for sure.

The man , disgusting as his comments may be, has comitted no crime.

At what point do we put an end to court held by public opinion?

Are we to abandon our constitution and right to due process?

The speech that needs to be protected is the speech we despise.

No one should be immune to the CONSEQUENCES of what they say, but this case isnt that, this case was TARGETTED, BEGINNING, because he said things about Trump that people didnt like. So they went after him.

Despite the fact that NOTHING of the sort has happened of the like 5yrs on now, nor has he committed any crimes.

Oh and let me guess you only wanna believe in the constitution when it pertains to your 1st amendment but not your 2nd? Look if I'm wrong about that then I am truly sorry and I retract. But if I'm not wrong... maybe you should look at your true self in a mirror

Youre wrong, but thanks for the accusation.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

There has been absolutely NO support of the behavior actually.

Please feel free to post ANYONE who supported the diatribe.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Disney has every right to fire him, having nothing to do with any criminal acts.

Of course, they didn’t have to fire him... but Disney, and their child audience, it’s a no-brainer.

I dont think Disney should be able to skate either... we as a whole need to out all of these sick people they shouldn't be able to profit when it seems their connected this is all I'm sayin... I've seen recently that Disney had some raids in Florida was it connected to some sick ish.... it's literally everywhere

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

The same company who has repeatedly put penises in their animated films? I find the moral soap box a bit disgusting.

Especially since this film maker has done absolutely nothing in any of his films to betray their "message"

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I’ve never tweeted in my life, and I think I’ll continue staying out of twitter.

I joined to yell at Glenn Greenwald over some political issue, and haven’t yet got to it.

Where in the dark ages

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

There has been absolutely NO support of the behavior actually.

Please feel free to post ANYONE who supported the diatribe.

Your supporting him by saying he shouldn't be fired...? Am I wrong? Sure your not giving him money or anything but you think it's okay.... hahaha I'm srry but this now makes me think of Grab.H.B.T.P. which trump said in an interview and I'll be honest I dont support that 1 bit but I dont think he should be fired god I'm terrible.... idk maybe because he didnt say grab her (her being a child) is why it doesnt upset me as much... hurting little kids is just not okay in my book and again it stems from being in those shoes it effing sucks having to think about that day in and out... so if somebody is gonna say something pedo like if I read about it expect to here my view points lol you people r great

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I’ve never tweeted in my life, and I think I’ll continue staying out of twitter.

I joined to yell at Glenn Greenwald over some political issue, and haven’t yet got to it.

Where in the dark ages

Within reason, I dont believe in targeting people for what theyve said in long past, unless they are actively LIVING that sentiment.

This whole "gotcha" movement is nothing but destructive thinking to manipulate the weak of mind and stir up outrage.

Everyone is addicted to outrage, yet most cant even form a cognitive response as to why or why its justified.

This thread is case in point.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

The same company who has repeatedly put penises in their animated films? I find the moral soap box a bit disgusting.

Especially since this film maker has done absolutely nothing in any of his films to betray their "message"

They have a youthful audience tradition, its no way in hell they're not going to fire a guy who tweets this kind of stuff.

I hope he isn’t blackballed; he deserves to be able to make a living

But it’s about the reputation and a large group of parents holding them to account.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Your supporting him by saying he shouldn't be fired...?

Supporting him? no, supporting free speech with absolutely NO proof that he believes or lives out this philosophy, it was years and years ago.

Sure your not giving him money or anything but you think it's okay..

False accusation, never said it was ok, infact I said many times I dont agree and what he said was in bad taste, but then again, you probably read what you want to.

hahaha I'm srry but this now makes me think of Grab.H.B.T.P. which trump said in an interview and I'll be honest I dont support that 1 bit but I dont think he should be fired god I'm terrible.

Is this suppose to be coherent?

idk maybe because he didnt say grab her (her being a child) is why it doesnt upset me as much.

What offends some does not offend others. its all subjective, no one dictates my emotions or what offends me, only I have control over that.

. hurting little kids is just not okay in my book and again it stems from being in those shoes it effing sucks having to think about that day in and out.

Thats your experience how ever horrible it is, that doesnt mean that this person is actually doing that, youre projecting your experience on to someone else because they said something that offended you, that doesnt make it fact.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

They have a youthful audience tradition, its no way in hell they're not going to fire a guy who tweets this kind of stuff.

I hope he isn’t blackballed; he deserves to be able to make a living

But it’s about the reputation and a large group of parents holding them to account.

Its not about reputation, if it was about reputation they wouldnt have fired him.

He has done nothing so far as we can see in his past to even let on he has a reputation of molesting children or anything else.

Its about OPTICS, which does not constitute fact.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I really believe it’s about Disney’s reputation and potential audience backlash.

In other words, the cash

I don’t think this has social ramifications.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join