It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Gunn fired as 'Guardians of the Galaxy 3' director after 'indefensible' tweets resurface

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
I don't see how you can support this guy, an occasional bad joke amongst friends, ok. but dozens of deeply questionable tweets, I don't think so.
creepy tweets aren't illegal , but certainly give a clear insight to this guys character.

Me either.

No one I know jokes around like that , is was disturbing just reading them,

But I was a victim of child sex abuse, and it makes me want to puke

edit on 20-7-2018 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2018 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

Indeed. And a very wise person once said "we have to forgive each other for being young".
And also having bouts of stupidity.

I couldn't find what he said though? Do you have a link?

I didnt want to link what he said because I didnt want the thread shut down, you can google it if you so wish.

Some of it was quite disgusting, but still, I dont agree anyone should be shunned for being crass, or stupid in what they say, despite what side they are on, UNLESS they have a history of following through with those statements, theres a huge difference.

Pure and simple, its just pandering on both sides and "gotcha" BS.

Left and right, setting fire to our republic, no caring that they are creating a place none of us will want to live in.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Oh man. This dude has some serious issues. I'll just leave it at that.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

We disagree. That's fine. Have your idealism.

Go look for dirt on me, you won't find anything of the caliber of Mr Gunn. It's the world we are in now, for better or worse. People get pillored for things they did eons ago. Expect it to get worse not better.

He wasn't some teenager, he was about 46 years old when he did the Comments people are talking about. Don't make it like he wasn't a fully formed adult.

Nobody forces people to comment on the internet.

There's a lesson there somewhere.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
He has been made guilty of speech and thought crimes, and we should defend anyone who falls victim to the thought police. Unless Gunn has committed the acts he has joked about, he is not the evil one.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Mmmm, Ive just read some of his tweets in another article, well he is a little "out there" but no worse than many, many people around now, or in the past.

Im more worried about a lot of comments on ATS, are you all turning into prudes? Have you all become puritans, and wear those little bonnets now?

Heaven forbid what you must think of the previous generations....you know, the Free Love, Tune In, Drop out, Mod squad mob.

They are all in their 70s now....many are your grannies....

They appeared to have lived a much wilder life than many commentators here....

Funny, I remember when American humour was smacking each other in the face, hit ones head with a hammer, falling over etc etc....even Cartoons had that "Slap Stick" humour.....yes even some Disney ones.

The US is one of contrasts, you can have freedom of speech, but as long as you say what "Some" people want you to.

You espouse World Peace, yet you have the most amount of Destructive Weapons, biggest Military, most hatred of any normal country.

What Gunn said is tame, compared to what even Chris Rock and Eddie Murphy have said in their routines.

I think Americans should Mellow again....like the old days.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

Yeah I honestly dont get how anybody wants to stick up for this dude being let go, in my opinion he should have never been hired...... how are you going to tell me your okay having this dude direct films which your kids may watch when hes tweeting about pedo crap? He wants a tree to grow back to give a kid a you know what? Please look at his tweets to get that, but Seriously people open your eyes so that we can rid ourselves of something that should never have been started

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

You support this guys views on making a story about a tree doing things to kids? Cuz let's be real amigo, if he had people supporting him then dollars to donuts says he'd be producing such a flick. That's not only creepy, but illegal. Wasnt their a Disney flick or maybe Pixar that got the boot because it had some lines in it that pertained to pedophilia? I wanna say it was like about animals or something & it got canned because of the same shiza

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

mobile.twitter.com...
I saw this earlier today... and I read every single one.... what's your thoughts on his nambla joke? Or his tweet from 2011.... that's 7 years ago not 10 and let's be really real this guy isnt the only one with such feelings in higher places... amazing what's being shown/hidden

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

I don't remember Chris Rock or Eddie Murphy often talking about raping underage kids, did they? Refresh my memory.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
mobile.twitter.com...

Check this out if you havent seen it yet its despicable man....

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil
mobile.twitter.com...

Double post sorry but check this out amigo if u havent seen
It already

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Same shoes as you friend. I only had it happen to me twice in my life time and I'll never forget it ever. Think about it every darn day. And because of that, I choose to stand the heck up and voice my opinion on this. I think my gf hates me because I'm always showing her these types of articles showing her how messed up our little planet really is.... stay up my friend

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
He has been made guilty of speech and thought crimes, and we should defend anyone who falls victim to the thought police. Unless Gunn has committed the acts he has joked about, he is not the evil one.

We dont agree much, but we agree on this point for sure.

The man , disgusting as his comments may be, has comitted no crime.

At what point do we put an end to court held by public opinion?

Are we to abandon our constitution and right to due process?

The speech that needs to be protected is the speech we despise.

No one should be immune to the CONSEQUENCES of what they say, but this case isnt that, this case was TARGETTED, BEGINNING, because he said things about Trump that people didnt like. So they went after him.

Despite the fact that NOTHING of the sort has happened of the like 5yrs on now, nor has he committed any crimes.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

I don't remember Chris Rock or Eddie Murphy often talking about raping underage kids, did they? Refresh my memory.

Theyve both made jokes , as many others have on things that people would find offensive.

So has richard prior, race relations, white people black people.

All comedians target the status quo thats how they get their laughs.

You dont have the barometer on whats offensive, what might not be offensive to you, might be to someone else.
Perhaps you should lose your job or your livlihood?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: andyr1112
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Same shoes as you friend. I only had it happen to me twice in my life time and I'll never forget it ever. Think about it every darn day. And because of that, I choose to stand the heck up and voice my opinion on this. I think my gf hates me because I'm always showing her these types of articles showing her how messed up our little planet really is.... stay up my friend

What crime did he commit?

Im sorry for what happened to you, and no you dont find it funny, and its distasteful, but who has he accosted? Who has he abused? What crime did he commit?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Eh, look at Roseanne.

If she's not allowed to "make mistakes," then neither is he.

The truth is that you all were warned and have been warned repeatedly that mob policing was a very bad idea when it began, but because the mob was aimed at people and ideas most leftists didn't like, you all told us we were over-reacting and to stop defending haters.

Now it's coming for people you do like. We told you this would happen. None of us can live secure if we don't stay in the bounds of what the SJW, PC police consider to be moral these days. You can have your entire life destroyed for making the tiniest mistake in wording.

Good job, folks.
edit on 20-7-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

originally posted by: pavil

You dont have the barometer on whats offensive, what might not be offensive to you, might be to someone else.
Perhaps you should lose your job or your livlihood?

Well I draw a line at pedophilia related "jokes".

Again where did those comedians talk about raping children?

It's funny isn't it?

I would expect to be shunned by most for making such jokes. Most people don't seem to think raping kids is funny or edgy.

Call me old fashioned that way.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

totally agree enough is enough

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

In Shakespeare's day, actors got away with cr@p on stage that would literally have cost them their heads, if pulled out on the streets of Ol' London Town. And the Royals' head choppers were sitting up in the booths, at the Globe Theater. Tweet Storms are public utterances, not some thespians' arts.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join