It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Dear John, What Happened To John Deer?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
There was a John Deer dealership across from my high school..

..you see the equipmint and signs all over the place 'round these parts.

We overland all over the US (back-country wheelin') and Deer equipmient is everywhere.

Then one day, everything changed...

..And just like that - John Deer has always been John Deere.

If you remember "Deer" - go check it out - it's freaky to look at.

If you remember "Deere" - then there's no need to look it up, your Deere still says Deere.

Anyone else remember John Deer?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

People confusing an unusual spelling with a common one. Shocking. Must be the result of universes colliding.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It's a Reptilian plot!

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Maybe reptiles eat Deere (people) and they cleverly use the deer logo which we think of as food.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Surely the multiverses are colliding tonight. Or this morning, depending on where you are. But does it really matter?

2 mandela threads of equal importance in the space of.. 3 threads.. or 4.. depending on when the convergence merges. with yours, that is.

I wonder what they call the mandela effect in timelines where mandela never existed.... the tesla effect? the theresa effect? the gates effect?

Who knows...

At least it does make a change from the trump effect !

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

People confusing an unusual spelling with a common one. Shocking. Must be the result of universes colliding.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You what???

O.o

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

When I was a little kid "in the late 70's" I remember thinking that they spelled the name wrong because of the extra e on the end.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Hmmm.... well.....

1941:

And again, 1941:

1941 poster based on the above photo:

1953:

1963:

Pretty sure it's just people thinking there is no "E" on the end because it's easy to forget it. Doubt the universe decided to change anything.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Me too. Always has been Deere. ME is tedious.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I used JD equipment almost every day from the time I was about 7-8yrs old and then I worked selling the equipment for almost a year in college. I remember the first time I saw the "Deere" (online ad), I started looking online for the company thinking it was maybe the European spelling and I saw that the entire company was named this which is not what I saw every day. I grew up in one of the largest farming area's in the US and there were John Deer tractors everywhere, our equipment was JD.

Words have a feeling, especially when there is symmetry in words, like a two word name where each word has 4 letters. It has a different feeling than a name that has a 4 letter word and then 5 letter word. On top of that being an area with a lot of deer, I would have been very aware of a different spelling from the animal, especially since their logo IS a deer, not a "deere" or "Dee-Re".

When I looked up the company online I found a HUGE European company (based in France I think) that made farm equipment that looked exactly the same as JD equipment. It used the same color scheme and the exact same color tones of the green and yellow. I remember looking at the valuation of the company and the profit and it was actually much larger than JD, which I was really surprised. In fact, there was almost no John Deer products sold in Europe in comparison to this company. Now when I look for this company or any of the equipment I am unable to find anything related to it but I find LOTS of John Deere dealers and equipment in Europe, where it wasn't showing up before. It's like this other company disappeared and JD took it's place in present and historically. I would have never known about this had I not been unsettled by seeing the Deere and done research into the company names and equipment used in Europe.

I'm certain this used to be John Deer and the first time I saw it I also had the thoughts that the chinese were trying to counterfeit John Deer stuff and I remeber my first thought of "wow, they are getting quite bold, they aren't even trying to hide it any more. I can't see this not going to court" but then when I looked into the name, I knew there was something really wrong, asked some family (who are bots I think - they never notice anything or have opinions not given by MSM..) who use the equipment a lot, and they remembered it as Deere. I have a neighbor who wore a JD hat and shirt all the time with the Deer spelling and they remember it clearly as Deer.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I was born in early 70s.

Always been Deere. OP simply can't admit memories can be faulty.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Waiting for the Mandela Effect people to forget about the Mandela Effect, as with all the other forgotten stuff.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I too have always laughed at the extra E on john deere equipment.

But the beauty of ME is they can just say we're from a different timeline and were unaffected. Impossible to dispute.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I remember them as Dear Johns, the port-o-potty manufacturer.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

I made a post. Did you bother to read it?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Showing pictures of documents going back decades proves nothing, for either side. It only proves that it was this way in one timeline where the documents were created. It just shows that that aspect of the timeline has carried over to the current one. It does not disprove that the "original" spelling wasn't used - original to the people who think it has changed.

I think people who dismiss others who remember it differently are short sighted and arrogant. For you to think that others are so unobservant and stupid to not be able to comprehend spelling changes in names they see maybe hundreds of times a day, really shows your true colors.

This phenomenon is happening and those that dismiss it as "bad memory" or that people aren't capable of discerning spellings, is maybe one of the more troubling aspects of people today, they so easily dismiss others experiences simply because they don't agree with them or aren't experiencing it themselves.

Maybe it is easier to change people's "memories" who had very little exposure to the original spelling where it is impossible to change the memories of people who were exposed to it every day of their lives. That seems to make sense. This may have to do with the exposure level of the person to the name/brand.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Dear Johns was crappy when compared to Port-A-Can. Or was it the other way around. Wait, what timeline are we experiencing at this moment?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Yah, posting pics showing the OP is wrong doesn't prove anything, simply because ME threads are the PERFECT "troll" thread.

See, in MY universe (that I some how was teleported from), It was John Pony, and had a unicorn leaping in the air.

Prove me wrong,' cause see, it was all in MY universe, so THIS universe will be different, and I swear to you that's how it was in MY universe......cross my heart, and yah, no way you can prove me wrong, neener-neener-boo-boo.

In MY universe NASA is run by gnoms, who use lots of steam engines to run things. Prove me wrong.

In MY universe, our heart is located in our heads, and the brains are located in the middle of the chest. Prove me wrong.

In MY universe, Africa is where South America is, and England is a tropical island in the Indian Ocean. Prove me wrong.

ME threads are just a great example of how one can troll online discussion boards. And troll they do.

Prove me wrong.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Grew up in country Australia, farming equipment everywhere.... Its John Deere, sorry.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Some people are indeed unobservant and stupid - sorry and all, but I'm afraid it's a fact of life.

Different timelines, eh? OK......

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join