It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Dear John, What Happened To John Deer?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I have to say, I learned to drive a motor vehicle on a John Deere 95 harvester.

The county where I grew up, your politics didn't matter. Hell, we had a resident communist that wrote regular expositions on Marxism to the editor of the county paper. Your party didn't matter, it was the color of your gimme cap.

The west side of the county was all Green (...in John Deere green...). East side was red (case, then International harvester north star or whatever the hell.). I started work as a teenager on a "green" farm & ranch. I couldn't even get hired to build fence on a red ranch. They said I couldn't plow a straight row if I didn't have a pair of off-center pipes sticking out of the cowling.

It's always been Deere. At least in this here timeline.

Try to make it back to the tardis, before the singularity collapses, OP

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

As a lifelong Illinois resident, John Deere has ALWAYS been John Deere. Never anything else.
Perhaps you saw a typo or are misremembering?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Anyone else remember John Deer?

You have to be rich to buy one.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I always remember it as Deere, had a summer job doing forestry when I was 14 and drove an old tractor with no roll bar for a while, definitely spelled Deere.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The last E is silent. And in your area I guess its invisible too ...lol

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Gravelbone

Don't suggest he might be "misremembering". He gets annoyed about that.....

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I think it has always been spelled John Deere. We might see Deer, but that would be an association problem with how it is pronounced.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Have you bothered to the slightest bit of research regarding your ME? Or are you just posting complete rubbish like the rest of your threads

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
(big sigh) It's ALWAYS been John Deere.

And, they're green for a reason!

What happened to 'John Deer'? Well, they never existed!
edit on 7/19/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
that's not a Deere - it's a Babycham!

(or was it Baby Cham?)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: SummerRain

I made a post. Did you bother to read it?

I did, a good 50 mins before this one, where you asked a simple question.

But equated it to ME.

What did I miss?

This is my ME. I specifically remember a made for TV wizard of Oz with Jason Alexander of Seinfeld fame and he was dancing and I was impressed with his moves. This would have been probably early 90s. Nothing in his imdb though. Anyone else remember this?

But you're here, giving this OP curry for the same thing...

Either your level of sarcasm is beyond time and scope, or I am just.. missing something.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity

Hmmm.... well...

Pretty sure it's just people thinking there is no "E" on the end because it's easy to forget it. Doubt the universe decided to change anything.

Facts and logic have never mattered with the ME.

All you will get is "blah blah in my timelines its always been ... "

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Don't you think that maybe...just maybe...your brain associated the name "John Deere" with the name of the animal "deer", and that's why you remember it that way?

For example, I used to think it was "John Bon Jovi" rather than "Jon Bon Jovi", but I am quite sure that I simply mistakenly remembered it as being the mire common spelling of "John" -- NOT that there was some weird time slip or alternate reality where the "h" mysteriously disappeared.

I'm not so irrational that I can't fathom my memory being fallible and prone to occasional mistakes (i.e., "normal").

edit on 19/7/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Shocking! So strange! Multiple dimensions! Multiple universes with multiple dimensions, with multiple conspiracies!

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: SummerRain

I made a post. Did you bother to read it?

I did, a good 50 mins before this one, where you asked a simple question.

But equated it to ME.

What did I miss?

This is my ME. I specifically remember a made for TV wizard of Oz with Jason Alexander of Seinfeld fame and he was dancing and I was impressed with his moves. This would have been probably early 90s. Nothing in his imdb though. Anyone else remember this?

But you're here, giving this OP curry for the same thing...

Either your level of sarcasm is beyond time and scope, or I am just.. missing something.

That depends on what he meant by "ME" when he equated his experience to that term. ME obviously exists as a phenomonon. The question is, what is the cause of ME.

I think ME simply is the result of common (and shared) cultural influences affected our memories combined with how our brains try to associate new input with extsing memories.

Other people think ME is caused by alternative realities and changes to the timeline (I personally think this explanation for ME is ludicrous).

It's similar to the use if the term "UFO". UFOs obviously exist as a phenomenon, but the question isn't if UFOs exist, rather it's "what are UFOs?:
Are they misidentifications of terrestial craft/penomonen, or are they alien?"

That is to say, the term ME does not automatically mean "things that change due to alternative realities and timeline chages", just like the term UFO doesn't automatically mean "alien craft".

edit on 19/7/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I’m old, a Mandela effect supporter, and from what we would refer to as BFE where everybody has tractors. I remember DEERE only and that was also a family name in my area.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I have a John deere chainsaw EV25 that we have had since 1988 and it was made in 83..

Its yellow and its says john deere...
edit on 19-7-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I remember when most tractors used in the USA were made in the USA? And the UK had many independent car makers?

What timeline am I in now?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
For a second, I thought the e had disappeared into the vortex, as I always knew it as "Deere".

Is it sad I'm relieved things stayed upright in the ME realm? I'm still trying to figure out how I *know* I was told school started August 6th, And even looked at a calendar- August 6th was a Tuesday, to now it suddenly is the 8th, and a Wednesday.

ARGH.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join