It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Project Serpo

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
So, I was reading this article about Harry Reid and how open he is about the research, how much he wants it in the open for the public and so on, and one quote in particular made me think about something else. But first, here is the quote from Harry Reid:

Let me give you something that the press has totally failed and conjured. We have hundreds and hundreds of papers, pages of paper, that have been available since this was completed. Most all of it, 80 percent at least, is public. You know something? The press has never even looked at it. Not once. That’s where we are. I wanted it public, it was made public, and you guys have not even looked at it.

So, in short, it’s my belief you guys kind of want to be spoon-fed. You don’t want to do any work on your own. I’ve been around you guys my whole adult life, and on something this big, it’s too bad that the press has been so hammered and don’t have the staff they once had that somebody can be assigned to this. If they give you six months to work this, come back with some work on it. Nobody does anymore. They don’t have the resources, I think.

From a very interesting article, right here.

And that made me wonder, how much are we really missing? How much could have been released that we just forgot about or wrote off as too unbelievable? So I went back to reading about Project Serpo, which I haven't read about in many years. And... it... is... incredible. Still fascinates me, and the details are amazing, down the supplies taken on the trip and so on.

Anyways, I got down through Release 23 last night, out of 33, and I wanted to ask people on here who know more -- has this ever been debunked in any major way? It seems as DIA-6 may actually exist, that the information released could have been real. Where has this gone over the last decade?

Here are the links to Project Serpo for those who have not read about it before.

SERPO Index

I suggest starting here with Release 1.

Thanks for any info or updates!

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Or maybe this

www.serpo.org...

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Here's some:

rationalwiki.org...
www.exopaedia.org...

edit on 7/10/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Project Serpo....That is what addicted me to this site so many years ago.

I think there were some truths sprinkled into all of it, but it got muddied with all the drama.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Basically, it's been majorly debunked. And by former ATS members no less. It's a fascinating look at some of the dubious players behind modern UFO mythology and full of intrigue. Here's a good start from the folk who sniffed it out:

Project Serpo Uncovered

The following is a fascinating thread once you understand the players and back story:

Project Serpo blown wide open - exclusive expose

Big shout out to the fine lady with the exceptional intellect who authored the above OP.

edit on 10-7-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Basically, it's been majorly debunked. And by former ATS members no less. It's a fascinating look at some of the dubious players behind modern UFO mythology and full of intrigue. Here's a good start from the folk who sniffed it out:

Project Serpo Uncovered

This is a fascinating thread once you understand the players and back story:

Project Serpo blown wide open - exclusive expose

Big shout out to the fine lady with the exceptional intellect who authored the above OP.

Awwww that's a shame and thanks for the link. Looks like 14 pages of a thread I need to go through.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Serpo.
Was.
AWESOME!

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Some of the players involved claim there was some truth to it, however once one understands the genesis of the story and those involved it becomes highly unlikely. It has some historical precedent in Project Aquarius and other early mythologies.

I believe it's all a worthy study because it helps to clear up some lingering fictions that have infected modern ufology. An understanding of that aspect, imo, helps to avoid blind alleys and, hopefully, allow one to research in more fruitful directions.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I'll leave the ATS thread for reading in bed tonight. I'm going over all those emails now, that they faked from the yahoo account. This is just as interesting as the project itself!

So it seems, there was an imposter that took over somewhere around release 11? Am I getting that right? Does it mean that it was genuine until then?

Still reading, just antsy to learn more quicker.

Thnx.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

There are some other fascinating emails too---behind the scenes of the "team" involved in getting it out to the public. Those are referred to as the "Team of 5" emails. Some names to know as regards ufology: Hal Puthoff, Kit Green, and Richard Doty. They turn up a lot. As a matter of fact, the first two have some connection to To The Stars Academy that has been making news for the last year or so.

The original "leaker" remains a mystery as far as I know and as such does leave some questions open.

edit on 10-7-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Pretty sure the original story came from Richard C. Doty himself.

T&C prohibits me from telling you what I think about Doty, suffice to say many of the words I'd use start with "F" .

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

Pretty sure the original story came from Richard C. Doty himself.

T&C prohibits me from telling you what I think about Doty, suffice to say many of the words I'd use start with "F" .

Hehe I'll use my imagination.

But what gets me is how many people responded with stories that the details are off but the story is true. In the end, are all those people saying they trained the 12 for endurance in Florida, also part of the hoax? Were they logging in under different IPs and posting all those comments? Or is the story behind it true but muddied up so much in disinfo that it becomes unbelievable?

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Originator, co-originator, or ball carrier---but yeah. Will we ever know why? These cats certainly haven't helped ufology only hurt it. Ticks me off.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

Were they logging in under different IPs and posting all those comments? Or is the story behind it true but muddied up so much in disinfo that it becomes unbelievable?

Where that gang goes, sock puppets are sure to pop up. The Reality Uncovered link goes into a little detail about that aspect if I remember correctly.

While I would LOVE for there to be some grain of truth in it, I ultimately don't believe there is as there has never been any kind of hint of confirmation. It's possible that some of the folk involved believe they came across information in the 70's referred to as "the core story" and have been trying to shake the "truth" behind it loose through projects like Serpo.

You can do a search for Hal Puthoff, Kit Green, & Jacques Vallee along with "core story" and dig in from that angle. It's fun enough to contemplate and hope there's something to it, but when you truly dig into it it falls really flat for most researchers.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I remember read the Serpo releases years ago. I found them interesting. One thing that always bugged me, though. How many cassettes would be required for 11 years of log entries?

Also, the description of the planet and the activities made it sound more like an alien retirement community than the home planet of a space-faring race. I suppose it could be both, though. I imagine in 100,000 years, when most humans are spread throughout the galaxy, the Earth would be reserved for the old and infirm. Allergic to Martian soil? Spend your golden years on Earth. New Arizona (formerly Siberia) has the perfect climate for you!

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Thanks GUT, all good info.

And Victor, I remember reading they were supposed to have taken 6000 tapes with, and some 4.5k were filled up upon return. All 90 minutes tapes. Or so the story goes.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

The Paracast did an interview with Stephen Broadbent who was one of the main guys behind blowing the SERPO hoax open. Give it a listen because he covered all the IP issues and more in less than an hour. It's a good listen and straight to the point.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Yeah...

It wasn't ufology's brightest moment, or year.

SERPO was nightmarish. Here on ATS, even though I wasn't on staff at the time, Thank God!!, I watched otherwise rational cool individuals lose it to the point of being banned.

Even though I'm highly interested in the subject matter of UFO's, and associated phenomena, I didn't even touch SERPO...I knew it was poison from the first read.

...and was pretty much proven correct.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yeah, I'm finding a lot of dead links to those threads back then. Was a lot of it removed to keep peace?

For example, when one goes to serpo.info it talks about events back then connected to ATS but the links all 404. I'm glad I got back into it, I think I've got stuff to read and research for a while. I missed half of what was going on back then.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Here are some links... Whether they're what you're looking for, obviously I don't know.

Happy reading!!

That one has a large number of links to threads related to Serpo...I've no idea how many of them are still active.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join