It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US threatened nations over breastfeeding resolution

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Does the fake stuff come in different flavours like chocolate? because I tried the real stuff recently again and it tastes disgusting.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
The Trump admin apparently tried to kill a UN resolution encouraging breastfeeding, because they don't want baby formula companies to lose any money. When you support corporate profits above babie's health thee is something seriously wrong with your priorities. Family values or compassionate conservatism??

www.cnn.com...

You could look at it another way than big business?......

How about forcing breastfeeding as yet another another way to control women.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
The Trump admin apparently tried to kill a UN resolution encouraging breastfeeding, because they don't want baby formula companies to lose any money. When you support corporate profits above babie's health thee is something seriously wrong with your priorities. Family values or compassionate conservatism??

I don't know what is worst, they OP post, or the 20+ stars...

Really people?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Why the hell does one need a "UN resolution encouraging breastfeeding" really? Do I need an UN resolution to pee? Is this not a natural even in life that doesn't need any kind of Government over sight? I think it has been known for a very long time that women that can breast feed will do so and those that can not very well will supplement with formula. I also do not think formulas makers need lobbyist to suggest that Trump forces women to not breastfeed.

Come on people just think about it for a second past your Trump hate, just once...lol

edit on 9-7-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

I agree that people should not be against that type of resolution. Where did you get that quote?

I think more money should go into figuring out better ways to ensure that women can provide more breast milk and not have to rely so much on formula.

Also, I don't think the marketing for it is any less misleading or inaccurate than pretty much any other product being sold. They know they can't make a product exactly like breaskmilk but they'll sure try and try to get you to buy it. At least this product is healthy for babies and literally keeps them alive

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Solid perspective mouse. All you say seems true enough and finding an opposing point of view would be short on counter points. You say ''
I think that these countries in Europe should worry about their own people and keep their noses out of other countries.

Yes they should. But that should go for not only ''countries'' but ''businesses'' too. I would be naive over look the nature of the worlds business model and how it promotes it's products on the masses, especially the poorer masses. I see the UN measure as a counter to the already strong presence of formula manufacturers and their marketing to women. It is not a matter of American Business or European business, it's a matter of them both together striving to expand their market share in those corners of the world.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Why the hell does one need a "UN resolution encouraging breastfeeding" really? Do I need an UN resolution to pee? Is this not a natural even in life that doesn't need any kind of Government over sight? I think it has been known for a very long time that women that can breast feed will do so and those that can not very well will supplement with formula. I also do not think formulas makers need lobbyist to suggest that Trump forces women to not breastfeed.

Come on people just think about it for a second past your Trump hate, just once...lol

Thank you! What in blue blazes does it matter what the UN thinks about breastfeeding? If ever there were an issue that is extremely personal that would be it. What a bunch of hooey!

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Why the hell does one need a "UN resolution encouraging breastfeeding" really?

exactly what i wanted to say, i mean really? whats next? the UN will govern our houses now?

everyone knows that breast feeding is the best for babies, but not all mothers can provide it, my daughter tried so hard but she couldnt do it for her daughter, so what does that mean now? is she against the resolution and pro Trump?

this is becoming ridiculous

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

the UN, along with the US shoved it's nose into the affairs of the third world nations when it encouraged them to take to the baby formula over breast milk.
While ya, sometimes situations will present themselves when bottle feeding is the only option, breast milk does offer advantages that aren't available in formula. And, more importantly, if you are in one of those third world nations where you don't have access to clean water and sanitary conditions.... conning the villagers that your baby formula is more healthy for their babies than their breast milk could be akin to negligent homicide.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

the UN policies will affect how they reach out and "help" the third world nations, ya know, with their aid organizations and such. and for a time, they were pushing formula onto those areas as a better options, just like they did in the western countries at one time. then they found that hey, this might not be such a good idea... unless of course the people are starving to death and cannot produce the breastmilk.... because their water was clean and bacteria free, the sanitary conditions weren't efficient, ect.
but, like you said, who cares what the UN thinks about breastfeedng, at least us in the first world nations. I mean when was the last time we had to rely on the UN for anything?? so... why such a strong opppsition against a resolution encouraging breast feeding by trump and company?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
This is just disgusting and the USA denying science and using bully boy tactics to protect its corporate friend

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   
This whole breastfeeding thing gets on my t*ts

To be serious though, my wife was never able to produce enough milk to satisfy the hunger of our greedy babies so we used formula and boy, didn't she feel guilty about it.
Too often some women are falling over themselves to tell other women they are somehow deficient if they use formula.
The fact is though that a baby feeding from a bottle will develop every bit as good as one fed from the breast and also, it's far easier for a woman to go and have a life when she knows she can leave the baby with it's dad who can mix up a few bottles and feed it.

Breast isn't best, it's just an option and I don't think that it should be pushed on people the way it is.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
A lot of quoted material there but no names. No sources. The only name there is Trump. Piss pour reporting.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I couldn't produce enough milk either, didn't even try with my second, and went back and at least tried with my third.
but, I had wic vouchers helping me with the cost of the formula, a relatively clean kitchen to sterilize the bottles, treated water running from my tap. along with a pediatrician's office next door to me in case I couldn't understand the directions, clearly written in my native language, on the cans of formula.
what worked for me, might no work out too well for someone else, especially if they don't have the modern day conveniences such as treated tap water, ect.
I really didn't feel pressured one way or another when it came to weather or not to breast feed. I was given enough information to know the advantages and disadvantages of each and left to make my own decision. women before me though, may have felt quite a bit of pressure to bottle feed where as today, is sounds like some feel the pressure to breast feed. I really don't think it matters that much which is chosen, at least not for most of us living in europe and the US.
we're rich compared to those in the developing and third world nations though. and, it seems like it's always the rich that seems to think that what is "best" for them is best for everyone and try to force their way of life onto all. add to that the desire for corporate profits, well... when it came to bottle feeding/breatfeeding... the results were kind of like this:

"The results can be seen in the clinics and hospitals, the slums and graveyards of the Third World," said War on Want. "Children whose bodies have wasted away until all that is left is a big head on top of the shriveled body of an old man."

In the Times, United States Agency for International Development official, Dr. Stephen Joseph, blamed reliance on baby formula for a million infant deaths every year through malnutrition and diarrheal diseases.

www.businessinsider.com...-of-babies-died-from-malnutrition-9

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
This whole breastfeeding thing gets on my t*ts

To be serious though, my wife was never able to produce enough milk to satisfy the hunger of our greedy babies so we used formula and boy, didn't she feel guilty about it.
Too often some women are falling over themselves to tell other women they are somehow deficient if they use formula.
The fact is though that a baby feeding from a bottle will develop every bit as good as one fed from the breast and also, it's far easier for a woman to go and have a life when she knows she can leave the baby with it's dad who can mix up a few bottles and feed it.

Breast isn't best, it's just an option and I don't think that it should be pushed on people the way it is.

I'm going back to the dark ages now ..... when I had my children you spent

between 7 and 10 days in bed and if you had a hospital delivery, the babies

spent their time in a 'nursery' and were brought to you at set feeding times.

My second child was supplemented in the nursery because she cried a lot and

didnt sleep well.

So I asked my mother to buy bottles and formula for my return home, I got

back home at around four in the afternoon with a fretful baby and went straight

to the formula. I had to wake her at 10pm for her night feed and for the first

time since her birth she slept through the night.

She went on to be such a placid sweet and good baby
for formula.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
If I had any respect left for the OP, today I lost it.
You have become a joke.

Hate reading crap like this on ATS.

Its just so disrespectful to and rude to other members, I don't quite get why we can't disagree with each other without getting so hurtful and rude to each other.

The OP is basically just repeating what has been reported by CNN, now if you want to disagree with CNN and therefore with the member fair enough.

But pointless posts like this that add literally nothing to the conversation other than being a little bit annoying and antagonistic.

You can voice your disagreement with the OP without resorting to such silliness.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
If you're going to go to war with the UN breasts are certainly a worthwhile cause to do so.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If you're going to go to war with the UN breasts are certainly a worthwhile cause to do so.

Unless you are bringing man boobs into it.........

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Careful remember the great breast war of 1856 that lead to the minimum and maximum sizing of breasts through the booby regulation and governance act of 1857 in the Netherlands. We don't want to go to war over tattys again so its much better to let the UN dictate what can and can't happen with boobs.
edit on 9-7-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
What business does the U.N. have telling anyone anything about breastfeeding?

Just another topic the govt should have nothing to do with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join