It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I left my crap in San Francisco

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Its just the weather. What better place to live on the streets? If people could hitch to Hawaii it would be way worse there..

So, beyond politics? I understand that.
www.staradvertiser.com...
edit on 7/3/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This is an old article:
www.businessinsider.com...

This is from my Realtor App just now..

1.4million???
Seems if you make less than $120K per year in San Francisco, you are below the poverty level.

No wonder the homeless are ubiquitous.
edit on 3-7-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: TinfoilTP

The only one with streets filled with defacating junkies two blocks from the Twitter HQ and the only one represented by Pelosi.

So the other cities don't count?

Ah because this is happening in other cities it's ok and San Franciscans should just accept it

What?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

a reply to: notsure1

Its just the weather. What better place to live on the streets? If people could hitch to Hawaii it would be way worse there..

So, beyond politics? I understand that.
www.staradvertiser.com...

Well if you gotta be homeless you might as well be on the beach.

Now imagine how bad it would be there if people could hitchhike there..

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Ah because this is happening in other cities it's ok and San Franciscans should just accept it

No.
What would you suggest?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Just imagine some of these people work in high class restaurants washing your dishes. Sad to say but rich flight will happen with-in the next 3 years for SF. This homelessness is happening in a world class nation. But America needs to worry about taking care of all the children in Africa, which later become criminals.

Are these high class restaurants hiring? If they pay enough to afford maintaining a heroin habit, I could live damn good on that kind of $$$$$.
(Sorry, couldn't resist, I actually have a BS in IT, and I deliver pizzas for a national chain b/c it pays better)
The rich people are coming to small Midwestern farm towns, already depressed, and buying rentals, local businesses, etc., and becoming like emperors....I wish the liberal hell holes like S.F. would keep them.

I agree w/ your like a/b Africa.....Thousands of homeless vets, etc., and we worry about someone in ooga-booga land.

Also the same thing is happening in Russia big time.

I think the herion import at this level just can't happen without some kind of govt. planes help from poppy fields around the world.

My uncle claimed CIA was shipping tons of the # from Vietnam in the late 60s / early 70s, in the coffins/bodies of dead soldiers.....he even claimed that some names/identities were faked, to have a full empty coffin to use.

I notice no Asians on the streets.

When will all this stop. It won't till something big hits the streets, like an earthquake and then the homeless will have a great party on the rich that finally said "screw it, you can have it all". The Philippines and India come to mind what shanty towns look like.

Have you seen some of the smaller inner cities in places like Gary, Indiana...Anniston Alabama.....Small Town Hopkins Park, Illinois? I grew up acc. the state line from the latter. Houses the size of a garden shed built of pallet parts.....one old black man actually bought one of those wooden sheds you see for sale in every small town, wired it, basic plumbing, etc....its literally 10x15....he was living in it until he died, for about 30 years.

Its too easy to blame drugs

I was a bad drunk for 20 years (10 yrs sober, now, TG). I still maintained my house, did my job, etc.......while drinking gallons of booze/beer every week. Not once did I throw my beer bottles on the sidewalk, crap on the street, sleep in a public place (unless you include a campground while on a weekend fishing trip).

Of course the drugs don't help; but the problem is far more than that.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

That has a lot to do with what's happening here as well. Median single family home prices is $750k+. Rents are commensurate.

Owner can turn a big profit (I have no problem with that) so they do. Family that was renting the house, is out and can't pay rent for another.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That Phillipines solution comes to mind

Ignoring it, saying it happens in other cities, suggesting it's normal doesn't come to mind

I don't have the answer, I didn't run for a political office with a solution, I don't think it should be ignored because it happens in other places

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Shoot them.

Is that what Christ would do?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Shoot them.

Is that what Christ would do?

What now am I forcing my Christian values on your secular society
Do you want me to

No Christ wouldn't, we both know that
That means you know what Christians are morally expected to do.

Love, help and support is what Christians are expected to do, but we are dealing with a secular society and a secular issue.
I suggested a secular solution, partly in jest and partly seriously, it seems to be working in the philipines

See phage
Christianity works among Christians
Secular society needs a different approach because it's not Christian

I am fine with Gay marriage, secular issue
Abortion, again secular issue
Free will and choice, I won't take another's free will and choice away in most circumstances

I believe the church and state should be separate
We are to serve, not rule
Priests are called to serve not rule
Please don't feign a Christian knowledge, you dont have one

If society decided the death penalty for drug pushers, it would help society
I wouldn't support it, neither would I fight it, it's a secular society issue

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I suggested a secular solution, partly in jest and partly seriously, it seems to be working in the philipines

Right. Everything is rosy in the Philippines.

Judges? We don't need no stinkin' Judges.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Ignoring it, saying it happens in other cities, suggesting it's normal doesn't come to mind

I don't have the answer, I didn't run for a political office with a solution, I don't think it should be ignored because it happens in other places

WTH?!
Yeah right, then might as well make the cities full fledged third world countries. Make sure to use drones to hunt anyone who looks like a bum.

Seems like the more simple idea would be MORE Bathrooms! Instead of people being turned away at businesses to use the facilities(minus Starsucks) who are likely the ones dumping the sidewalks and streets. Wouldn't that cost less than cleaning the feces and trying to contain the hepatitis epidemics such as in San Diego.
edit on 3-7-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Are we talking island realistate?

This was my bucket list.. it's gone now
HAWAI‘I – WAI‘ŌPAE TIDEPOOLS

2 bedroom 1 bath $680K...

Something does not ad up when I could buy Pacific Beachfront for less than a shanty in San Francisco..

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Buy now!

Oh, wait.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Right. Everything is rosy in the Philippines.

Judges? We don't need no stinkin' Judges.

As I said clearly, I don't have an answer, remember that part, I think you do

I had a suggestion, right or wrong, nobody has to act on it

But just saying "it happens everywhere" what does that achieve
You don't seem to care about the people it's destroying or the societies it's effecting

Just acting all righteous and indifferent, what does that achieve

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
Are the soldiers there to protect the fields so unscrupulous people can garnish the last buck from the addicted and dispossessed ?

Why are American Soldiers protecting the Opium Fields if the biggest market is in America? Doesn't that sound like our soldiers are complicit?

In fact, America went to war with Afghanistan many years ago...why? To help these guys get onto Forbes list?

www.newyorker.com...

Purdue launched OxyContin with a marketing campaign that attempted to counter this attitude and change the prescribing habits of doctors. The company funded research and paid doctors to make the case that concerns about opioid addiction were overblown, and that OxyContin could safely treat an ever-wider range of maladies. Sales representatives marketed OxyContin as a product “to start with and to stay with.” Millions of patients found the drug to be a vital salve for excruciating pain. But many others grew so hooked on it that, between doses, they experienced debilitating withdrawal.

Why are you blaming San Francisco when this is a national problem? Further, why don't you blame Purdue?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Well just looking at the video, they are third world. Tents, drugs, sidewalks are open sewers hep diseases rampant
Harsher penalties for drug pushers, simple?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Just acting all righteous and indifferent, what does that achieve

You are mistaken.

It is those who blame it on sanctuary cities, and liberal politics who are indifferent.

Those who see an image of someone defecating on a sidewalk and think only, "oh, gross." Those who "jokingly" say, "the Philippines solution" who are indifferent.

Those who say "A junkie, their own fault." They are the ones who are indifferent.

I don't pretend to have answers, but I don't denigrate those on the street.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Buy now!

Oh, wait.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

No.
What would you suggest?

Put some money into a monitored, group living situation. Doesnt even have to be that nice. Even a barracks-like complex in each major city would work. Hell, build it underground to save on heating and cooling costs.

House the homeless there.

The stipulation is that that they work at least 20 hours a week at a job selected and provided for them. The work could be anything from community service type stuff, to tending to/working community gardens, heck, could even have some of them work higher skill jobs if they have the background...

The idea is to give them a chance to bounce back.

Homelesslness can, and often is an absolutely inescapable blackhole, where these people have been given up on, by family, by friends...they turn to drugs, and/or feel no sense in trying to quit, they feel HOPELESS. And to make matters worse, all of the ignorant pieces of #ing # that sneer and scoff, even laugh at these poor SOB's. Many of them are veterans suffering flashbacks from war...and more.

edit on 732018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join