It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I left my crap in San Francisco

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I have been reading a lot about this lately. But hey, if you dont live in SF, who gives a .........crap? (no pun intended). SF is just the perfect example of Leftist government policies and considering the number of Uber Wealthy that live there, I cant help a bit of schadenfreud. If I were mayor of some other city, I would put the homeless on a bus to SF where they can get all there drugs plus free needles.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
The byproducts of 'sanctuarism'.

No this is a by product of a sick and broken culture.

We have chasms between different sects of our population where people are experiencing such different realities that they are unrelatable to others in different paradigms.

The rich and the poor as 1 popular example.

The rich are not capable of relating to the experience of poor people in the US even though they may live only blocks from 1 another.

This exist in many forms in both micro and macro cosms in the US. So what's happening is because we have such vast cultural differences.

Do you see how people in this thread cannot relate to the experience of the homeless people in SF and LA?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
San Fran has a lot of homeless because of the weather and general liberal attitudes that encourage it's proliferation.

To be clear, these are not lower paid tech workers who simply can't afford the astronomical cost of living. These are bums suffering from mental and drug problems. Regardless of the booming economy and even if cost of living were cheaper, these bums would still be living on the street.

I hate to say, but the homeless are like pigeons. You start feeding them, they will just congregate and eventually become pests. I live in a very liberal town outside of Chicago. The homeless get on the subway to come here to beg/scam because the village encourages it. Liberals have this notion that the homeless are all just down on their luck. Most of these guys are professional bums. I've literally seen the same homeless guys for like almost a decade.

There are plenty of local social services available so that they have shelter and food. However, they don't take advantage of it because the issue is drug use and mental problems.

The reality is that unless society is willing to violate the rights of the homeless and literally forcibly remove them from the streets and throw them in rehab OR a looney bin, there is absolutely nothing that can really be done to get them off the streets. Raising the minimum wage and affordable housing is not going to help a guy who can't hold a job because he has five different personalities that fight each other. Nor is it going to help some guy addicted to pills and opiates who has not yet hit rock bottom and truly wants to get clean.
edit on 3-7-2018 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I hate homeless people. Always crapping and shooting up heroin on my sidewalk.

Yeah, each and every one of them. Why can't they just lock them all up so I don't have to think about them and their useless lives.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Just imagine some of these people work in high class restaurants washing your dishes. Sad to say but rich flight will happen with-in the next 3 years for SF. This homelessness is happening in a world class nation. But America needs to worry about taking care of all the children in Africa, which later become criminals.

Also the same thing is happening in Russia big time.

I think the herion import at this level just can't happen without some kind of govt. planes help from poppy fields around the world.

I notice no Asians on the streets.

When will all this stop. It won't till something big hits the streets, like an earthquake and then the homeless will have a great party on the rich that finally said "screw it, you can have it all". The Philippines and India come to mind what shanty towns look like.

No, but "illegal immigration is the only problem in this country."

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Culture problem. My last post was essentially indecipherable to someone else but me.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: TinfoilTP
Yeah. Because only San Francisco has homeless opiate addicts.

To that degree? Yes, I'm pretty sure SF is the only city in America where homeless opiate addicts have set up tent cities everywhere you go.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: TinfoilTP
Yeah. Because only San Francisco has homeless opiate addicts.

In America Only Cali has it this bad.

I always said if I am ever homeless Im moving to Cali. Alot of people think like that I guess lol..

Huh... I could be homeless and move to Cali... but they'd stop me at the friggen border at Los Angeles, saying I might be intending over stay my Australian visa for work.

Idiots... like I'd move to America to work..

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

It's a growing phenomenon in the West at some point radical and extreme measures will have to be applied, simply because the problem has grown to the point where money will have to be spent.

How do you see throwing money at this issue solving the problem? Exactly who’s money do you intend to spend?

Are you not a nation united?

Or is it until bob can't pay his rent, then throw him overboard?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I was considering working for the State of Hawaii a couple of years ago. I set up an appointment to interview for the job. After looking at the cost of living in Oahu, $2500 per month for a very small studio apartment, no AC with a hot plate for a stove, I had to cancel because 50k per year just wasn't enough to live on and maintain a decent standard of living.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Is Colin Kaepernick a part of this?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Are we talking island realistate?

This was my bucket list.. it's gone now
HAWAI‘I – WAI‘ŌPAE TIDEPOOLS

2 bedroom 1 bath $680K...

Something does not ad up when I could buy Pacific Beachfront for less than a shanty in San Francisco..

This was 4 month prior to the volcano eruption. The cost of living in California is ridiculous...
What are they weeding out?

Investors from China are buying up properties in San Francisco and the Bay Area as blind investments. At the same time the population in the Bay Area is getting older and those between 40 and 60 don't want to move homes. Then there are those buying up homes and renting them out to singles for $1500/room per month.

geocurrents.info...

You only need to see a density map of the Bay Area to see that while San Francisco has super-high population density of over 15.00 to 146.00 people per 900 square/meters, other parts of the Bay Area are completely uninhabited due to being zoned as national parks and being mountain ranges.

Those less inhabitated areas, say, the East Bay for example, are becoming over developed as well.

Im from there. Spoke to an elderly man that lived there all the way back during the 1950s. Said it was beautiful, nothing but rolling golden hills as far as the eye could see. The east bay that is.

Now, youll see suburbs everywhere. The suburbs built up to the 90's were ok, but the newer developments are no-yard properties, all the houses look identical, and are built 10 feet from the next house.

One example is a place called Windemere. Thousands of these shoebox houses built in what used to be a beauitul set of rolling hills.

What ls interesting is the demographic. In the area I lived in about 10 miles away, it was a mix of people, but the majority of folks were caucasian. The high school i attended was about 50% caucasian, 30% asian, 10% latino, 5% african american and 5% mixed.

Windemere is entirely different and shows what a previous poster was talking about, regarding the Chinese investors.

Windemere is at the very least, 95% asian. Thats not an exaggeration.

A friend of mine had to have his son transfer to their high school, and he said the demographic matches the neighborhood. Its about 95% asian, and roughly 80% of that number is Chinese and Indian. Apparently the intellectual snobbery coming from these groups towards anyone who isnt asian is very real.

I dont really care to be honest, but i always found it interesting that people with my skin color were called racist bigots by "minorities" in that area, despite the fact that we had good friends that were of many different ancestrys.

Both in high school and at the UC i attended, youd see multi cultural groups of people hanging out, and then youd have a group of 20 chinese people or 20 indian people roving as a pack, with quite literally no diversity, racially speaking. Youd be surprised by the amount of snide, elitist and racist comments Ive heard and even been the butt of, coming from these particular ethnic groups. Thats not a lie, thats a fact. Theyd literally make fun of me for being white, even correlate whiteness with stupidity. Funny...

Dunno about other places, but in Cali, the self segregation is a very real thing.

Surprised no one talks about it. Probably out of fear theyll be called a racist bigot by... racist bigots.

Ive got no problem talking about it. Doesnt matter what race you are to me, ill call people out equally for being racist morons. Besides, im not even completely human and my "kind" were wiped out by the imperialist humans. So...yea.

edit on 732018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

Immigration is the flip side of homelessness. You can't have a massive increase in population without some people who are left without housing.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Wife and I have turned down job opportunities in the Bay Area. It is too expensive and at our age, we simply can't play the IPO / stock option lottery hoping to hit it big. We also don't like it. Too suburban for our tastes. We did a couple of day vacation in SF a few years ago and weren't impressed at all. The one thing we did remember were all the homeless and couldn't wait to get out of SF.

With that said, I can see why the wealthy might like it or even a highly paid single person.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

originally posted by: stormcell

Are we talking island realistate?

This was my bucket list.. it's gone now
HAWAI‘I – WAI‘ŌPAE TIDEPOOLS

2 bedroom 1 bath $680K...

Something does not ad up when I could buy Pacific Beachfront for less than a shanty in San Francisco..

This was 4 month prior to the volcano eruption. The cost of living in California is ridiculous...
What are they weeding out?

Investors from China are buying up properties in San Francisco and the Bay Area as blind investments. At the same time the population in the Bay Area is getting older and those between 40 and 60 don't want to move homes. Then there are those buying up homes and renting them out to singles for $1500/room per month.

geocurrents.info...

You only need to see a density map of the Bay Area to see that while San Francisco has super-high population density of over 15.00 to 146.00 people per 900 square/meters, other parts of the Bay Area are completely uninhabited due to being zoned as national parks and being mountain ranges.

Those less inhabitated areas, say, the East Bay for example, are becoming over developed as well.

Im from there. Spoke to an elderly man that lived there all the way back during the 1950s. Said it was beautiful, nothing but rolling golden hills as far as the eye could see. The east bay that is.

Now, youll see suburbs everywhere. The suburbs built up to the 90's were ok, but the newer developments are no-yard properties, all the houses look identical, and are built 10 feet from the next house.

One example is a place called Windemere. Thousands of these shoebox houses built in what used to be a beauitul set of rolling hills.

What ls interesting is the demographic. In the area I lived in about 10 miles away, it was a mix of people, but the majority of folks were caucasian. The high school i attended was about 50% caucasian, 30% asian, 10% latino, 5% african american and 5% mixed.

Windemere is entirely different and shows what a previous poster was talking about, regarding the Chinese investors.

A friend of mine had to have his son transfer to their high school, and he said the demographic matches the neighborhood. Its about 95% asian, and roughly 80% of that number is Chinese and Indian. Apparently the intellectual snobbery coming from these groups towards anyone who isnt asian is very real.

I dont really care to be honest, but i always found it interesting that people with my skin color were called racist bigots by "minorities" in that area, despite the fact that we had good friends that were of many different ancestrys.

Both in high school and at the UC i attended, youd see multi cultural groups of people hanging out, and then youd have a group of 20 chinese people or 20 indian people roving as a pack, with quite literally no diversity, racially speaking. Youd be surprised by the amount of snide, elitist and racist comments Ive heard and even been the butt of, coming from these particular ethnic groups. Thats not a lie, thats a fact. Theyd literally make fun of me for being white, even correlate whiteness with stupidity. Funny...

Dunno about other places, but in Cali, the self segregation is a very real thing.

Surprised no one talks about it. Probably out of fear theyll be called a racist bigot by... racist bigots.

Ive got no problem talking about it. Doesnt matter what race you are to me, ill call people out equally for being racist morons. Besides, im not even completely human and my "kind" were wiped out by the imperialist humans. So...yea.

I was in California back in 2001. There were a few Asian and Indian engineers on our team. They did have that attitude. They had to have all the automatic dishwashers and Roomba's simply because their wives didn't want to do any work. That's where all the Silicon Valley ideas about having everything done "automatically" come from; operating systems and applications that automatically update; messenger applications that automatically tell everyone where you are; fridge freezers that automatically reorder food when you are close to running out.

Looked down at anyone who didn't have a degree as "trash". I read about the tension at high-schools where the Asians would zerg-mob any football team jock that give one person hassle.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: EternalShadow
The byproducts of 'sanctuarism'.

No this is a by product of a sick and broken culture.

We have chasms between different sects of our population where people are experiencing such different realities that they are unrelatable to others in different paradigms.

The rich and the poor as 1 popular example.

The rich are not capable of relating to the experience of poor people in the US even though they may live only blocks from 1 another.

This exist in many forms in both micro and macro cosms in the US. So what's happening is because we have such vast cultural differences.

Do you see how people in this thread cannot relate to the experience of the homeless people in SF and LA?

That's so very true. I rented an apartment block which was right next to a supermarket. One side of the wall there was a swimming pool, jacuzzi, club bar where people would lounge about at the weekends and evenings. On the other side of the wall was a narrow alleyway where rural Mexicans (wearing white and straw hats) would buy some liquor and crash out.

East Menlo Park (where Facebook have their HQ now) used to have the highest murder rate in the USA. It was a couple of blocks of low-income housing bounded by the salt evaporation ponds and a couple of freeways. Yet at the other side of the freeway was Sun Microsystems where they had the highest paid computer engineers. There was no way those residents could ever get a job in those offices, except for admins - a huge social divide. In the end, the residents were bribed to leave and relocate with enough money to retire and live on for the rest of their days.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Yet the majority of them are white Americans. Save your racism for other threads.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

San Francisco is currently spending approximately $34,000 per year per individual on the homeless. It looks like politicians are good at creating bloated programs that don't actually solve anything. Your taxes working hard for anyone but those who are actually homeless.

The more the city spends on the homeless, the more homeless there are. Seattle is the same way. It keeps throwing money at the problem and wonders why it gets worse. The homeless flock to where the services are best. Both Seattle and San Fran are real estate hot spots where the homeless could never find an affordable rental. But these cities also provide the most services. Cities that don't spend much on the homeless don't have as much of a problem. Isn't there a correlation here? And for the record many of the homeless are not without incomes. They've got social security or pensions--it's just not enough to pay high rents. Those REI tents are expensive, but a lot cheaper than rent. And somehow they always have enough money for drugs.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Those would be DEA figures, massaged like every other figure.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

In New Zealand forty years ago, a person could get off the boat broke, get a job in the freezing works, book into the single mens accommodation on site, just a small hut. Work for six months and have enough to buy a Holden, and put a deposit down on a house. One person was on the unemployment benefit in Auckland in 1970.
If you decided that the Freezing works wasn't for you, you could get a job at any Hospital and do the same, same with Hotels , this mopped up the pressure on housing. I swear I don't recognize this world anymore. I think the rot started with Thatcher and Ragan, its definitely political.

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join