It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I left my crap in San Francisco

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: dreamingawake

Well just looking at the video, they are third world. Tents, drugs, sidewalks are open sewers hep diseases rampant
Harsher penalties for drug pushers, simple?

Well. If one were to post a video of your bathroom, would you agree that it is representative of your home?

It's not a secret that large metropolitan areas have larger examples of homeless. Do you think Dallas is immune? Or New York City?

Do you think that certain Southern Cities are actually kind of pissed that you're handing off their only claim to fame to California?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

wow.. Meanwhile in KCMO for 170k 4 Br 3 bath full basement and a swimming pool.

www.zillow.com...[e ditby]edit on 3-7-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

So, let's mail them to Kansas City and buy them a house.

Problem solved.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

When's the last time you've been to San Fran if even? LOL For example, Videos do not make a representation of a place overall and those sites are restricted to some areas.

How about a solution to the rampant homelessness in which are not all drug users, and that many of them are working but can't afford housing, etc? Or could go on supporting the Failed War on Drugs and the Prison Industrial Complex.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: Bigburgh

wow.. Meanwhile in KCMO for 170k 4 Br 3 bath full basement and a swimming pool.

So. All the homeless should move to Missouri?
edit on Tue, 03 Jul 2018 01:04:37 -0500 by MemoryShock because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue, 03 Jul 2018 01:05:40 -0500 by MemoryShock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MemoryShock

Exactly all of the large cities have this problem. The West Coast cities are an example of how bad it is.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No you just say it happens everywhere
That's indifference, that's just ignoring it
You don't denigrate street people you just say it happens everywhere

The whole premise of the thread is there is an issue and the op would like it addressed
If people cared then there may be toilets installed, help offered, money spent
Saying it happens everywhere else achieves nothing

Is the death penalty effective, if I was moving drugs I wouldn't go through many Asian countries

You seem more note rested in sanctuary city issues than the human problem, politics?
edit on 3-7-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   

They stand a better chance of finding work that pays enough to afford rent .. so yeah they probably should..

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   

The main movers of the Drugs are obviously people who own the Government. Plus the Banks that Launder the money. With more people without jobs and more homeless, the Drug trade seems the only growth industry in town as people seek escape. We are seeing history unfolding as people have no gainful employment and the steady erosion of self worth. I think the economics of Automation could cause the redundancy of the purchasing class . We are entering a phase where the automatic factories have no one to buy their products. Economic and social suicide who would have thought?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Yes. In reponse to, "San Francisco, sanctuary, Pelosi!" Because none of that has anything to do with the problem, and the problem is everywhere. Do you think partisan bull# is an appropriate response?

The whole premise of the thread is there is an issue and the op would like it addressed
Perhaps, the OP is somewhat disjointed. But then; "San Francisco, sanctuary, Pelosi! Philippines!" Let's forget the problem, it's all about the politics. It's all the liberals' fault.

edit on 7/3/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   

My toilet is pretty tidy actually, smells nice as well

I am sure San Fran has awesome parts to it, Netti a friend lives there and loves it, near the vineyards, spose to be lovely

I am not talking San Fran, I am talking about the human problem

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Just acting all righteous and indifferent, what does that achieve

You are mistaken.

It is those who blame it on sanctuary cities, and liberal politics who are indifferent.

Those who see an image of someone defecating on a sidewalk and think only, "oh, gross." Those who "jokingly" say, "the Philippines solution" who are indifferent.

Those who say "A junkie, their own fault." They are the ones who are indifferent.

I don't pretend to have answers, but I don't denigrate those on the street.

I don't see anyone denigrating those on the streets but the ones who put them there is fair game as in the Democrats who run these slums.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

I am not talking San Fran, I am talking about the human problem

Well. You just took a crap on your entire argument.

People aren't perfect. They never will be and there is a reason for that, especially with the systems that we have in place. We either have religious BS dictating who gets to learn in some countries or others dictating who can (or are trying) be small business owners in other countries.

It's economics. One of the very fundamental aspects of human nature is that there has to be winners and losers in the abovementioned philosophies...and frankly, I don't see how that is tenable.

Or it can be. I think unchecked economics is where we are. There are CEO's out there that I would hesitate to call capable of even having this discussion...yet pull in million dollars on the annum because the were yes men...and let's hesitantly get started on religion. Because that's worse.

So here's to the Canadian Provinces, and the European Countries that have to deal with the same issue...and who still need those people. Because complaining about displaced people is not a good way to quantify them.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Yes. In reponse to, "San Francisco, sanctuary, Pelosi!" Because none of that has anything to do with the problem, and the problem is everywhere. Do you think partisan bull# is an appropriate response?

Perhaps, the OP is somewhat disjointed. But then; "San Francisco, sanctuary, Pelosi! Philippines!" Let's forget the problem, it's all about the politics.

Yes I guess yours is a fair comment
Though those in charge do have to take on the responsibility, they chose their office and should be criticised for the issues arising

It shouldn't be ignored in SF or anywhere else

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

They stand a better chance of finding work that pays enough to afford rent .. so yeah they probably should..

The more rural areas aren't exactly known for having a lot of available employment. I'm betting many came from areas in such as that state in hopes to find work. Others were locals priced out of their childhood homes and neighborhoods.

Maybe they can find work at a grocery store or gas station in the rural areas, because better paying jobs are kept by people throughout their lives in those areas-had to get into unless you know someone. If you're stuck in the service sector of employment for example, sometimes you can't pay your bills and are working from paycheck to paycheck even though rent is more affordable than the big cities.

Apparently a good amount of the homeless in cities are people seeking a better life(rather than staying in bumf# Oklahoma working as a janitor only affording to live with parents) not considering/under estimating the consequences if they don't make it with a six figure income. For some even if they are paid well, the rents and cost of living still isn't enough to comfortably live.

The homeless problem in cities is more complex than these videos make it out to be. As will be the solution that cities are looking into, from funding to housing.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: Phage

Are we talking island realistate?

This was my bucket list.. it's gone now
HAWAI‘I – WAI‘ŌPAE TIDEPOOLS

2 bedroom 1 bath $680K...

Something does not ad up when I could buy Pacific Beachfront for less than a shanty in San Francisco..

This was 4 month prior to the volcano eruption. The cost of living in California is ridiculous...
What are they weeding out?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
I don't see anyone denigrating those on the streets but the ones who put them there is fair game as in the Democrats who run these slums.

Hannity isn't a Democrat.

Sean Hannity’s real estate venture bought houses through a property dealer who was involved in a criminal conspiracy to fraudulently obtain foreclosed homes, according to records reviewed by the Guardian.

In 2012, a shell company linked to the Fox News host bought 11 homes in Georgia that had been purchased by the dealer, Jeff Brock, following foreclosures. Brock transferred the properties to corporate vehicles that sold them on to the Hannity-linked company at a profit.

Brock pleaded guilty in 2016 to federal charges of bank fraud and conspiracy for his role in an operation to rig foreclosure auctions between 2007 and 2012. He was sentenced to six months in prison and had to pay more than $166,000 in fines and restitution.

Waiting For Cohen To Flip

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Putting people on the street? Are you sure you want to go there?

But of course its just Democrats who are slumlords. Of course.

More partisan bull#.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

The more rural areas aren't exactly known for having a lot of available employment. I'm betting many came from areas in such as that state in hopes to find work. Others were locals priced out of their childhood homes and neighborhoods.

Maybe they can find work at a grocery store or gas station in the rural areas, because better paying jobs are kept by people throughout their lives in those areas-had to get into unless you know someone. If you're stuck in the service sector of employment for example, sometimes you can't pay your bills and are working from paycheck to paycheck even though rent is more affordable than the big cities.

Apparently a good amount of the homeless in cities are people seeking a better life(rather than staying in bumf# Oklahoma working as a janitor only affording to live with parents) not considering/under estimating the consequences if they don't make it with a six figure income. For some even if they are paid well, the rents and cost of living still isn't enough to comfortably live.

The homeless problem in cities is more complex than these videos make it out to be. As will be the solution that cities are looking into, from funding to housing.

Can't argue any of that.

And it's going to get worse with automation. This isn't a partisan issue...it's a classism issue...

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

a reply to: TinfoilTP

Putting people on the street? Are you sure you want to go there?

But of course its just Democrats who are slumlords. Of course.

More partisan bull#.

Well...I went there a post above you. Trying to transition the conversation to reality and move past the gaslighting...; )

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join