It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop uses taser on unarmed black man for crossing legs while sitting

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzelfuzz

It just blows my mind that people think the state should be able to physically attack or kill you for not following an order..

Was the guy even under arrest??

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock
a reply to: Spacespider

We've been informed plenty of times around here by those who have served or are currently serving in law enforcement that a taser is not the most reliable weapon in their arsenal. So if there was any threat involving a firearm I can assure you that the police would not have their tasers out instead of their firearm. That's just common sense. And an individuals priors might make an officer more cautious of that individual but it doesn't dictate the current situation.

If you dont believe the female officer had her gun pointed at him your stupid. An officer only pulls a tazer if he has backup.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: dragonridr

So you think tasering a guy in the back while he's sat down is acceptable for failing to follow instructions?
Gosh you should be the subject of the Crown with your meek submissive attitude to your police state.
I'm so glad Britain isn't like what we see time and time again on ATS.

Go bow to your radical Islamic masters while we remain free in the US.

Eh? Only Muslims I know run my local convenience store.
Are you butt hurt as well?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

If you dont believe the female officer had her gun pointed at him your stupid. An officer only pulls a tazer if he has backup.

I don't believe that can stated as fact but in general true.

I would bet there has been one of more cases of a single or pair of officers where an officer is holding a tazer without the other having a firearm pointed at the suspect.

I am not implying one way or the other here.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Look at the :36 second mark in the video and you can see the same yellow taser in her hand that the male officer has in his.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I'll wait for the video of the WHOLE incident before I say anything. Wouldn't want to end up like one of those fools defending one if those idiots in Starbucks now.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Not enough good cops anymore.

I dont give a damn anymore. The practice and reality is they take whats mine and protect the corrupt.

Switch sides.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Now, this is cleary not right.

I respect the US police men and women to have a tough reality at work, but this is way, way out of line.

I'm having second thoughts about EVER going on a road trip in USA in a rented car - just because I'll ever be pulled over by some policeman named "Cletus" and an axe to grind.

And I'm not even black.

Imagine being black - I can only vaguely assume what it's like.
edit on 30-6-2018 by Uberdoubter because: Minor typo.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Uberdoubter

You'll be fine.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
When will the school system be required to teach kids all the positions a person needs to know when being detained by the police. BONUS - make it into a phys ed exercise class with wax on/wax off repetition.

Wow, you seem like you have accepted that you have to be a submissive good little citizen to your untrained cops.
We can argue with cops in the UK, I have done often...taser in the back for not having legs in the correct position, and you say the citizens should be trained, sheesh, it's the cops who should be trained.

I agree with this a well.
In free and democratic countries, the police should serve the citizens.
In authoritarian police states, the police serve the moneychangers and government.

There are 325 million people in the USA.
There are around 700,000 police officers in the USA.

It is a lot easier to train 700,000 people than it is to train 325 million.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

So I've been told. Repeatedly. And yet again and again we see authorities not only hide evidence of their wrongdoing but hide evidence of the accused's innocence. We have also seen the full weight and power of the authorities thrown at the accused far beyond their resources to defend themselves.

The founding fathers knew exactly what they were doing when they demanded that government act in full view of the people... no secrets... because this is what happens when those with power can act under cover of darkness.

So I will continue to default on sunshine being the best disinfectant.

Spot on.
This country would be in a lot better shape if the policies of the government were in the hands of the people instead of in the hands of lobbyists, fascists and moneychangers.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: notsure1

I know several cops.
The stories I've heard are horrible.
Walk a mile in their shoes before making judgment.

There are also many dead citizens that were innocent like shaver, philando, nelson, and so on, we should walk a mile in thiers. We cant though because they are dead.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Spacespider

Yea because the cop has a right to take control of you even if you haven’t done anything..

If a cop requests sexual favors even you should do it then file a complaint..

That’s ridiculous.

Those that favor the police state would say let the cop fulfill his sexual fantasies on you and take it up with courts afterwards.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

This country would be in a lot better shape if the policies of the government were in the hands of the people instead of in the hands of lobbyists, fascists and moneychangers.

Yup! That's how it should be.

It's a crying shame that they've been able to convince so many of us that we need to be more afraid of each other than of them.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flanker86
Yep, EU intelligence spooks are notorious for orchestrating incidents in which a black gets killed and a cop appears to be the culprit, while media and other extremists makes a political case out of it. It is not to be excluded at all, that royals from northern Europe and from the UK are behind this tactic together with the German and Italian governments.

Can someone please translate this? It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

So you think tasering a guy in the back while he's sat down is acceptable for failing to follow instructions?
Gosh you should be the subject of the Crown with your meek submissive attitude to your police state.
I'm so glad Britain isn't like what we see time and time again on ATS.

Go bow to your radical Islamic masters while we remain free in the US.

?????????????????????????????
Have you ever been to the UK? Your comment makes 0% sense.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: Flanker86
Yep, EU intelligence spooks are notorious for orchestrating incidents in which a black gets killed and a cop appears to be the culprit, while media and other extremists makes a political case out of it. It is not to be excluded at all, that royals from northern Europe and from the UK are behind this tactic together with the German and Italian governments.

Can someone please translate this? It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Misdirection.
Cast blame on a third party.....

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
Not saying it’s not abuse of authority, but does anyone besides me find it rather disingenuous when we never get video starting at the beginning of the police contact?

Your post and manipulative question is the only thing disingenuous.
What happened prior speaks nothing to what happened here. Being tazed is an immediate consequence to non-compliance. Not because maybe you were acting like a dick earlier.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The sad thing here? Is you have highly "educated", "trained" (LOL!), people with "badges" of "authority", doing adult, grownup work.
Even when the deck (by law) is stacked in their favor, they're afraid. Fear doesn't make for good "armed" judgment.
To become a "leo" (in most cases) there's a psych eval. I'm not sure of what they're "evaluating" but they sure ain't looking for "men" of honor. I have a very hard time believing doing anything, to anyone in the back, except in very few instances, is justified. This instance is not and just a pathetic example of a kid with authority.
A vast majority of cops need etiquette training.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
youtu.be...

How do i make a new post

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join