It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop uses taser on unarmed black man for crossing legs while sitting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I hope they do to. He was a psychopath, but the local PD sure as hell didn’t.. in fact he was praised as a hero as they successfully villinizes the victim..

That’s the issue is accountability. You are always gonna have bad cops. Riots and protests happen when the state protects bad cops.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
There are multiple thousands of police interactions with the public every day and nearly every one goes on in a professional manner.
This cop was likely out of line.
But why do we judge the whole based on the action of a few when we are not allowed to judge other groups the same way?

Black thugs! Just a few bad apples.
Muslim terrorists! Just extremists.
Mass shooter! Just a nut job.
Etc, etc, etc,

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

So we have 2 officers giving orders. 1 officer tells him to keep his limbs straight out, the other tells him to cross his legs.

He tried following both officers orders and was tazed for it. The problem is that officers were giving conflicting demands and the man couldn't reasonably follow both. They tazed a cooperative person because of their inability to communicate with each other and the suspect/victim.

Considering he couldn't reasonably follow both but made good effort to try, the officers are in the wrong.

So what responsibility is on the officers for conveying the message as such? If there isn't any culpability on the part of the officers, the law needs to change immediately
edit on 29-6-2018 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

I doubt this had anything to do with race though. Click-bait titles and MSM prograganda ftw.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
PCP, one hell of a drug

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to:

When the guy goes "awww c'mon man", as the cop tazes him, is it the cop that goes "he wasn't LISTENING" like it was justification for tazering him?

If it is the cop then that's absolutely ridiculous. You think "not listening" is a tazer-able offence? Getting an enormous electric shock in the spine is an acceptable reprisal for 'not listening'? On what planet?

In many of these "poor innocent black man is mistreated by police" videos (always has to mention his blackness of course and generally ignore that they frequently have an extensive criminal record, usually for violent offences and involving firearms) I can sympathise with the position the cops are in and I think if it were me I'd do whatever I thought I needed to do (within the law) to get home to my kids at the end of the day.

It's a thankless and dangerous job that I wouldn't do for all the tea in China here in the UK, let alone in the states.

However, in this case, that looks a lot like excessive force to me... he wasn't exactly lively or kicking off was he?

"YOU'RE NOT LISTENING!!!" Pow!!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: roadgravel
When will the school system be required to teach kids all the positions a person needs to know when being detained by the police. BONUS - make it into a phys ed exercise class with wax on/wax off repetition.

Wow, you seem like you have accepted that you have to be a submissive good little citizen to your untrained cops.
We can argue with cops in the UK, I have done often...taser in the back for not having legs in the correct position, and you say the citizens should be trained, sheesh, it's the cops who should be trained.

I was pointing out how crazy this type of action is. Guess you missed it. You really think the part about the class was meant as something that should be? It's more of a poke at big brother's dream.
edit on 6/29/2018 by roadgravel because: typos

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
There are multiple thousands of police interactions with the public every day and nearly every one goes on in a professional manner.
This cop was likely out of line.
But why do we judge the whole based on the action of a few when we are not allowed to judge other groups the same way?

Black thugs! Just a few bad apples.
Muslim terrorists! Just extremists.
Mass shooter! Just a nut job.
Etc, etc, etc,

This is what the defenders always say.

But it works both ways, if there are multiple thousands of police interactions with the public every day and nearly every one goes on in a professional manner then that means the civilians are just as professional 99% of the time.

So why are the cops so scared but tell us not to be scared of them?

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Got ya

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

No you didnt they told him to stretch out your legs and cross your feet . The next thing they would have done is tell them to put your hands on your knees. The o ly time a police officer does this if your a threat. Failure to follow instructions is a dangerous situation to police. Police want to go home at the end of the day but several here think police shouldn't be able to look out for their safety.

This women just died last week it was her first day with the police force.

www.nbcnews.com...

She died because the officers didnt take precautions dealing with the suspect.
edit on 6/29/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I know several cops.
The stories I've heard are horrible.
Walk a mile in their shoes before making judgment.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: Antipathy17

No you didnt they told him to stretch out your legs and cross your feet . The next thing they would have done is tell them to put your hands on your knees. The o ly time a police officer does this if your a threat. Failure to follow instructions is a dangerous situation to police. Police want to go home at the end of the day but several here think police shouldn't be able to look out for their safety.

This women just died last week it was her first day with the police force.

www.nbcnews.com...

Their safety is no more important then mine or the guy they tazed.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I know several cops.
The stories I've heard are horrible.
Walk a mile in their shoes before making judgment.

Thats the job. If you cant handle it without unreasonable force then quit. Period.
edit on 29-6-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

Eta my brother in law is a cop in NE KCMO. Known him for 30 years since we were pot smoking teenagers and I was dating his sister.

They see horrible horrible things agreed. But that does not give them any more of a right to just taze a guy who is sitting down.

If people keep defending these ass holes that do screw up we will never fix the problem..
edit on 29-6-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
problem is, the tazer has become a tool to force compliance, as opposed to a tool for defence of self or others (it's notional purpose).

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

So you think tasering a guy in the back while he's sat down is acceptable for failing to follow instructions?
Gosh you should be the subject of the Crown with your meek submissive attitude to your police state.
I'm so glad Britain isn't like what we see time and time again on ATS.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

That's why I'm not a cop.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

That's why I'm not a cop.

You are to educated for them anyway..

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

So you think tasering a guy in the back while he's sat down is acceptable for failing to follow instructions?
Gosh you should be the subject of the Crown with your meek submissive attitude to your police state.

He attacked a woman and was on drugs so yes he was shown to be violent and to avoid the police being injured it was a smart move. Being on PCP if he decided to attack again even a gun wouldnt stop him. People on PCP have been shot several times and the drugs causes them to not even realize they were shot.

As i said he already attacked someone and what we saw was the police trying to gain control.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Do drugs, bad stuff happens to you.

Are we supposed to shed tears for a deranged PCP druggie? The cops did their jobs and kept him under control thus keeping the peace.
edit on 29-6-2018 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
problem is, the tazer has become a tool to force compliance, as opposed to a tool for defence of self or others (it's notional purpose).

I actual agree with this but the problem was cops used to be trained to use night sticks. This is far more effective other countries officers will use them and knock you out. However in the US it is frowned on hitting someone qith a night stick and causes law suits.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Go bow to your radical Islamic masters while we remain free in the US.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join